Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Duplicate MACs in seastat
Operating Systems AIX Duplicate MACs in seastat Post 302516284 by kah00na on Friday 22nd of April 2011 11:23:50 AM
Old 04-22-2011
Duplicate MACs in seastat

Why are the MAC addresses duplicated in the "seastat" command output for all the LPARs? I can't figure out why one stanza has the LPAR information (hostname and IP) while the other stanza does not? Why the two separate sections and two separate sets of usage information (Bytes and Packets)?
Code:
vio1:/home/padmin:# seastat -d ent8 | more

================================================================================

Advanced Statistics for SEA
Device Name: ent8

================================================================================
MAC: 2E:D4:90:F7:11:02
----------------------

VLAN: None
VLAN Priority: None

Transmit Statistics:                   Receive Statistics:
--------------------                   -------------------
Packets: 168722                        Packets: 5703146
Bytes: 10123320                        Bytes: 508480604

MAC: 2E:D4:90:F7:11:02
----------------------

VLAN: None
VLAN Priority: None
Hostname: host.domain.com
IP: 192.168.1.10

Transmit Statistics:                   Receive Statistics:
--------------------                   -------------------
Packets: 48653048                      Packets: 52944416
Bytes: 11864481768                     Bytes: 12983497408

<snip>

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. OS X (Apple)

How to see connected macs through terminal?

Been a while since I've been here; I have my iMac and MBpro connected via firewire, and they can see each other when I open the finder windows. But I'd like to be able to 'see' each computer on the other via the terminal application; and I can't see them right now. I can transfer files via the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Straitsfan
0 Replies

2. AIX

VIOS entstat versus seastat for SEA

Hello, I found that the packet counts given by entstat -d SEA is not the same as the total of the packet counts given by seastat -d SEA for the same interval of time. Do anyone have an explanation for the difference. We recently got a recommendation that the throughput on an SEA should not... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: N8R
5 Replies
Statistics::Basic::Mode(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			      Statistics::Basic::Mode(3pm)

NAME
Statistics::Basic::Mode - find the mode of a list SYNOPSIS
Invoke it this way: my $mode = mode(1,2,3,3); Or this way: my $v1 = vector(1,2,3,3); my $mod = mode($v1); And then either query the values or print them like so: print "The mod of $v1: $mod "; my $mq = $mod->query; my $m0 = 0+$mod; # this will croak occasionally, see below The mode of an array is not necessarily a scalar. The mode of this vector is a vector: my $mod = mode(1,2,3); my $v2 = $mod->query; print "hrm, there's three elements in this mode: $mod " if $mod->is_multimodal; Create a 20 point "moving" mode like so: use Statistics::Basic qw(:all nofill); my $sth = $dbh->prepare("select col1 from data where something"); my $len = 20; my $mod = mode()->set_size($len); $sth->execute or die $dbh->errstr; $sth->bind_columns( my $val ) or die $dbh->errstr; while( $sth->fetch ) { $mod->insert( $val ); if( defined( my $m = $mod->query ) ) { print "Mode: $m "; } print "Mode: $mod " if $mod->query_filled; } METHODS
new() The constructor takes a list of values, a single array ref, or a single Statistics::Basic::Vector as arguments. It returns a Statistics::Basic::Mode object. Note: normally you'd use the mean() constructor, rather than building these by hand using "new()". is_multimodal() Statistics::Basic::Mode objects sometimes return Statistics::Basic::Vector objects instead of numbers. When "is_multimodal()" is true, the mode is a vector, not a scalar. _OVB::import() This module also inherits all the overloads and methods from Statistics::Basic::_OneVectorBase. OVERLOADS
This object is overloaded. It tries to return an appropriate string for the calculation or the value of the computation in numeric context. In boolean context, this object is always true (even when empty). If evaluated as a string, Statistics::Basic::Mode will try to format a number (like any other Statistics::Basic object), but if the object "is_multimodal()", it will instead return a Statistics::Basic::Vector for stringification. $x = mode(1,2,3); $y = mode(1,2,2); print "$x, $y "; # prints: [1, 2, 3], 2 If evaluated as a number, a Statistics::Basic::Mode will raise an error when the object "is_multimodal()". AUTHOR
Paul Miller "<jettero@cpan.org>" COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2012 Paul Miller -- Licensed under the LGPL SEE ALSO
perl(1), Statistics::Basic, Statistics::Basic::_OneVectorBase, Statistics::Basic::Vector perl v5.14.2 2012-01-23 Statistics::Basic::Mode(3pm)