Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Another mailx question
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Another mailx question Post 302516262 by Drenhead on Friday 22nd of April 2011 09:48:47 AM
Old 04-22-2011
Another mailx question

I have a script that runs every night that is supposed to send a log file to a list of email addresses. When I run this command from the command prompt, it works successfully:

mailx -s "Filename to send" "`cat email.address`" < $outfile

The email.address file contains the list of email addresses.

When this script runs each night, however, I do not receive the email or any error message. Is there a way to check to see what is happening in the cron submitted script each night? I checked "mail" but is says I have no mail.

Appreciate any help.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mailx question

Hy all One application has a script with this line : /usr/bin/mailx -f..... - etc etc .... is there any option to set the charset to various value while using mailx ?? thanks in advance Olivier (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Olivier
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mailx question

Hi-- My question is why won't this line of code work in the UNIX script that I'm running.... echo "A MESSAGE ON $todaysdate." | ${SYSBIN}/mailx -s "TEST EMAIL" email address (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: greenguy5
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

mailx and uuencode question

I have this code below that works well. I also want to attach a logfile to the email. The first part of this code is the body of the email. echo "The size of $dirname/$f1 size = $f1size, and $dirname/$f2 = $f2size'" | mailx -s "Error with file sizes on $HOST Server" xyz@company.com ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ssmiths001
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question on mailx

Hello there: I want to send an e-mail from AIX using mailx. I'm executing the following script (-> witch doesn't work's): ----------------------------------------------- #!/bin/sh echo "<html><body><a href="http://www.myhomepage.com">Link</a></body></html>" >> LOG sleep 5 !... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Felix2511
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

MAILX question

Hello, I am using the following mailx command wich works well. I want to also include output from a log file in the mail body. How can this be done? echo `date +"%m/%d/%Y %T"` "$P: The Purge Routine Has Started." | mailx -s "The Purge RoutineHas Started: `date`" $EMAIL This script is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dkranes
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

mailx question

hello in the middle of my sh script, I am using mailx like this: mailx -s "Sybase Installation on $i" x@abc.com < /net/share/shared/install.output.$i "i" stands for the remote server such as SIROE I am expecting to receive an email with subject "Sybase Installation on SIROE" and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix mailx question.

HI, Whenever I tried to send mail using mailx in unix (Solaris 5.9), from field is missing from email messages. In short, sender's email address is missing from message. Anybody has any idea why this is happening? Thanks, NS. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nshah
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

question regarding mailx

I have some scripts that send out email alerts using mailx. the email looks like it is coming from the unix ID and server that is sending the email. I am wondering if there is a way through mailx to have the mail still look like it is coming from the unix id and server sending the message,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayjabour
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

mailx Question

I am using mailx command. It works fine. And the receiver gets 'From' information as MySelf@Sent_server. This 'Sent_server' is picked up from /etc/hosts - third alias for loghost (dev.abc.ltd). The entry is as under 11.22.33.44 dev_sys dev_system dev.abc.ltd loghost The issue is that is there... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Soham
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Another mailx question

Hi I am trying to send an html file as an attachment from AIX server and recieve it using Outlook 2007 client. I tried every possible command, such as: uuencode file file | mailx -s "subject" me@mydomain.com uuencode -m file file | mailx -s "subject" me@mydomain.com All of them give me: ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nimo
6 Replies
NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)                                                                                                                NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)

NAME
npm-run-script - Run arbitrary package scripts SYNOPSIS
npm run-script <command> [--silent] [-- <args>...] alias: npm run DESCRIPTION
This runs an arbitrary command from a package's "scripts" object. If no "command" is provided, it will list the available scripts. run[-script] is used by the test, start, restart, and stop commands, but can be called directly, as well. When the scripts in the package are printed out, they're separated into lifecycle (test, start, restart) and directly-run scripts. As of ` https://blog.npmjs.org/post/98131109725/npm-2-0-0, you can use custom arguments when executing scripts. The special option -- is used by getopt https://goo.gl/KxMmtG to delimit the end of the options. npm will pass all the arguments after the -- directly to your script: npm run test -- --grep="pattern" The arguments will only be passed to the script specified after npm run and not to any pre or post script. The env script is a special built-in command that can be used to list environment variables that will be available to the script at run- time. If an "env" command is defined in your package, it will take precedence over the built-in. In addition to the shell's pre-existing PATH, npm run adds node_modules/.bin to the PATH provided to scripts. Any binaries provided by locally-installed dependencies can be used without the node_modules/.bin prefix. For example, if there is a devDependency on tap in your package, you should write: "scripts": {"test": "tap test/*.js"} instead of "scripts": {"test": "node_modules/.bin/tap test/*.js"} to run your tests. The actual shell your script is run within is platform dependent. By default, on Unix-like systems it is the /bin/sh command, on Windows it is the cmd.exe. The actual shell referred to by /bin/sh also depends on the system. As of ` https://github.com/npm/npm/releases/tag/v5.1.0 you can customize the shell with the script-shell configuration. Scripts are run from the root of the module, regardless of what your current working directory is when you call npm run. If you want your script to use different behavior based on what subdirectory you're in, you can use the INIT_CWD environment variable, which holds the full path you were in when you ran npm run. npm run sets the NODE environment variable to the node executable with which npm is executed. Also, if the --scripts-prepend-node-path is passed, the directory within which node resides is added to the PATH. If --scripts-prepend-node-path=auto is passed (which has been the default in npm v3), this is only performed when that node executable is not found in the PATH. If you try to run a script without having a node_modules directory and it fails, you will be given a warning to run npm install, just in case you've forgotten. You can use the --silent flag to prevent showing npm ERR! output on error. You can use the --if-present flag to avoid exiting with a non-zero exit code when the script is undefined. This lets you run potentially undefined scripts without breaking the execution chain. SEE ALSO
o npm help 7 scripts o npm help test o npm help start o npm help restart o npm help stop o npm help 7 config January 2019 NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)