Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script Optimization - large delimited file, for loop with many greps Post 302516131 by Corona688 on Thursday 21st of April 2011 05:52:35 PM
Old 04-21-2011
How about this:
Code:
#!/bin/awk -f
# This section gets run only once, before anything's read.
# using it for variable setup.
BEGIN {
        # Don't have to check what the delimiter is, just split on
        # any single character that's not a-z, A-Z, 0-9, _
        FS="[^a-zA-Z0-9_]"
        # Print separated by commas
        OFS=","
}

# Each of the following expressions gets executed once for every
# line that matches the regex.

# Sometimes this one's column 11, sometimes it's column 12
/^IT1/  {       if(!FIRPONUM)
                {
                        FIRPONUM=$11
                        if(!(FIRPONUM ~ /^PONUM/))
                                FIRPONUM=$12;
                }
        }
# Matching these lines is easy
/^TDS/  {       INVTL=$2        }
/^N1.SE/{       SELLCD=$5       }
/^N1.SU/{       SUPCD=$5        }
/^GS/   {       GSCODE=$3       }
# Print on this only once we've read FIRPONUM
/^ST/   {
                if(FIRPONUM)
                        print GSCODE,SUPCD,SELLCD,FIRPONUM,INVTL;

FIRPONUM=""
        }

# Have to print once on exit or we'll lose the last line
END {   print GSCODE,SUPCD,SELLCD,FIRPONUM,INVTL;       }

Not complete since neither's your example, but much more efficient than grep | cut for every line, and might be enough to get you started.

---------- Post updated at 03:46 PM ---------- Previous update was at 03:44 PM ----------

Quote:
I'm using Korn Shell on Microsoft Windows Services for UNIX 3.5
Blech. Poor imitation of a korn shell.

And since you're not actually running UNIX my awk script of course can't run as a script like I intended. Small difference though. Just run it like awk -f script.awk inputfile

---------- Post updated at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous update was at 03:46 PM ----------

Whoa, is your data actually indented like that? That changes things.
This User Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Directory sizes loop optimization

I have the following script: #!/usr/bin/ksh export MDIR=/datafiles NAME=$1 SERVER=$2 DIRECTORY=$3 DATABASE=$4 ID=$5 export dirlist=`/usr/bin/ssh -q $ID@$SERVER find $DIRECTORY -type d -print` for dir in $dirlist do SIZE=`</dev/null /usr/bin/ssh -q $ID@$SERVER du -ks $dir` echo... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: la_womn
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command that creates file and also greps that file?

I have a command that does something and then creates a log file (importlog.xml). I then want to grep that newly created log (importlog.xml) file for a certain word (success). I then want to write that grep result to a new file (success.log). So far I can run the command which creates the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sepia
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Large pipe delimited file that I need to add CR/LF every n fields

I have a large flat file with variable length fields that are pipe delimited. The file has no new line or CR/LF characters to indicate a new record. I need to parse the file and after some number of fields, I need to insert a CR/LF to start the next record. Input file ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: clintrpeterson
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting a portion of data from a very large tab delimited text file

Hi All I wanted to know how to effectively delete some columns in a large tab delimited file. I have a file that contains 5 columns and almost 100,000 rows 3456 f g t t 3456 g h 456 f h 4567 f g h z 345 f g 567 h j k lThis is a very large data file and tab delimited. I need... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with a shell script that greps an error from the logs

Hello everyone. I wrote the following script but the second part is not excecuting. It is not sending the notification by email if the error occurs. the send mail is working so i think the errorr should be in the if statement LOGDIR=/logs/out LOG=`date "+%Y%m%d"`.LOG-FILE.out #the log file ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: adak2010
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing dupes within 2 delimited areas in a large dictionary file

Hello, I have a very large dictionary file which is in text format and which contains a large number of sub-sections. Each sub-section starts with the following header : #DATA #VALID 1 and ends with a footer as shown below #END The data between the Header and the Footer consists of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a script to convert comma delimited files to semi colon delimited

Hi All, I need a unix script to convert .csv files to .skv files (changing a comma delimited file to a semi colon delimited file). I am a unix newbie and so don't know where to start. The script will be scheduled using cron and needs to convert each .csv file in a particular folder to a .skv... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: CarpKing
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tab Delimited file in loop

Hi, I have requirement to create tab delimited file with values coming from variables. File will contain only two columns separated by tab. Header will be added once. Values will be keep adding upon the script run. If values already exists then values will be replaced. I have done so... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sukhdip
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need optimized awk/perl/shell to give the statistics for the Large delimited file

I have a file size is around 24 G with 14 columns, delimiter with "|" My requirement- can anyone provide me the fastest and best to get the below results Number of records of the file First column and second Column- Unique counts Thanks for your time Karti ------ Post updated at... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kartikirans
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need Optimization shell/awk script to aggreagte (sum) for all the columns of Huge data file

Optimization shell/awk script to aggregate (sum) for all the columns of Huge data file File delimiter "|" Need to have Sum of all columns, with column number : aggregation (summation) for each column File not having the header Like below - Column 1 "Total Column 2 : "Total ... ...... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kartikirans
2 Replies
Locale::Codes::Script(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				Locale::Codes::Script(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::Script - standard codes for script identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::Script; $script = code2script('phnx'); # 'Phoenician' $code = script2code('Phoenician'); # 'Phnx' $code = script2code('Phoenician', LOCALE_CODE_NUMERIC); # 115 @codes = all_script_codes(); @scripts = all_script_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::Script" module provides access to standards codes used for identifying scripts, such as those defined in ISO 15924. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 15924 four-letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying scripts. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $script = code2script('phnx','alpha'); $script = code2script('phnx',LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha, LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA This is a set of four-letter (capitalized) codes from ISO 15924 such as 'Phnx' for Phoenician. It also includes additions to this set included in the IANA language registry. The Zxxx, Zyyy, and Zzzz codes are not used. This is the default code set. num, LOCALE_SCRIPT_NUMERIC This is a set of three-digit numeric codes from ISO 15924 such as 115 for Phoenician. ROUTINES
code2script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) script2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) script_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_script_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_script_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::rename_script ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::add_script ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::delete_script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::add_script_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::Script::delete_script_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::Script::rename_script_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::add_script_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::delete_script_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.unicode.org/iso15924/ Home page for ISO 15924. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::Script(3pm)