Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions how to change this looking for mimetype "text/plain" instead of extension *.txt? Post 302516009 by methyl on Thursday 21st of April 2011 10:37:37 AM
Old 04-21-2011
What Operating System and version are you running? It really matters for this type of question because there are extensions to standard unix commands available in some versions of Linux which could help.
Code:
uname -a

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting problem "sort -k 16,29 sample.txt > output.txt"

Hi all, Iam trying to sort the contents of the file based on the position of the file. Example: $cat sample.txt 0101020060731 ## Header record 1c1 Berger Awc ANP20070201301 4000.50 1c2 Bose W G ANP20070201609 6000.70 1c2 Andy CK ANP20070201230 28000.00... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganapati
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

echo "ABC" > file1.txt file2.txt file3.txt

Hi Guru's, I need to create 3 files with the contents "ABC" using single command. Iam using: echo "ABC" > file1.txt file2.txt file3.txt the above command is not working. pls help me... With Regards / Ganapati (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganapati
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between plain "uniq" and "uniq -u"

Dear all, It's not entirely clear to me from manpage the difference between them. Why we still need "-u" flag? - monkfan (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: monkfan
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete " from plain text files

Hi, sorry for bothering with this easy problem but I can't understand... I've a file like this: "4","0x23a3" "5","0x4234" "11","" "20","" "11132","0x6456" I would like to create a file like this: 4,23a3 5,4234 11,999999 20,999999 11132,6456 I've tried: cat INPUT.txt | sed -e... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheMrOrange
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to change the file with "sed" and "awk"

Hi experts I want your help to change the file format to my wanted version, please give me a hand thanks $cat file install pass make os pass make build kernel failed usb storage pass chane to | *install* | *make os* | *make build kernel* | *usb storage* | | pass | pass... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed to find text between a "string " and character ","

Hello everyone Sorry I have to add another sed question. I am searching a log file and need only the first 2 occurances of text which comes after (note the space) "string " and before a ",". I have tried sed -n 's/.*string \(*\),.*/\1/p' filewith some, but limited success. This gives out all... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: haggismn
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding the strings beween 2 characters "/" & "/" in .txt file

Hi all. I have a .txt file that I need to sort it My file is like: 1- 88 chain0 MASTER (FF-TE) FFFF 1962510 /TCK T FD2TQHVTT1 /jtagc/jtag_instreg/updateinstr_reg_1 dff1 (TI,SO) 2- ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Behrouzx77
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk,sed : change every 2nd field ":" to "|"

Hi Experts, I have a string with colon delimited, want 2nd colon to be changed to a pipe. data: 101:8:43:4:72:14:41:69:85:3:137:4:3:0:4:0:9:3:0:3:12:3: I am trying with sed, but can change only 1 occurance: echo "101:8:43:4:72:14:41:69:85:3:137:4:3:0:4:0:9:3:0:3:12:3:" | sed 's/:/|/2'... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find lines with "A" then change "E" to "X" same line

I have a bunch of random character lines like ABCEDFG. I want to find all lines with "A" and then change any "E" to "X" in the same line. ALL lines with "A" will have an "X" somewhere in it. I have tried sed awk and vi editor. I get close, not quite there. I know someone has already solved this... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: nightwatchrenba
10 Replies

10. Programming

[Python] replicating "sha256 -C checksum_file.txt file.txt"

Hello everyone, Since my python knowledge is limimted, I've challenged myself to learn as much as possible to help me with my carrere. I'm currently trying to convert a shell script to python, just to give myself a task. There is one section of the script that I'm having issues converting and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: da1
2 Replies
CREATE TEXT SEARCH 
DICTIONARY(7) PostgreSQL 9.2.7 Documentation CREATE TEXT SEARCH DICTIONARY(7) NAME
CREATE_TEXT_SEARCH_DICTIONARY - define a new text search dictionary SYNOPSIS
CREATE TEXT SEARCH DICTIONARY name ( TEMPLATE = template [, option = value [, ... ]] ) DESCRIPTION
CREATE TEXT SEARCH DICTIONARY creates a new text search dictionary. A text search dictionary specifies a way of recognizing interesting or uninteresting words for searching. A dictionary depends on a text search template, which specifies the functions that actually perform the work. Typically the dictionary provides some options that control the detailed behavior of the template's functions. If a schema name is given then the text search dictionary is created in the specified schema. Otherwise it is created in the current schema. The user who defines a text search dictionary becomes its owner. Refer to Chapter 12, Full Text Search, in the documentation for further information. PARAMETERS
name The name of the text search dictionary to be created. The name can be schema-qualified. template The name of the text search template that will define the basic behavior of this dictionary. option The name of a template-specific option to be set for this dictionary. value The value to use for a template-specific option. If the value is not a simple identifier or number, it must be quoted (but you can always quote it, if you wish). The options can appear in any order. EXAMPLES
The following example command creates a Snowball-based dictionary with a nonstandard list of stop words. CREATE TEXT SEARCH DICTIONARY my_russian ( template = snowball, language = russian, stopwords = myrussian ); COMPATIBILITY
There is no CREATE TEXT SEARCH DICTIONARY statement in the SQL standard. SEE ALSO
ALTER TEXT SEARCH DICTIONARY (ALTER_TEXT_SEARCH_DICTIONARY(7)), DROP TEXT SEARCH DICTIONARY (DROP_TEXT_SEARCH_DICTIONARY(7)) PostgreSQL 9.2.7 2014-02-17 CREATE TEXT SEARCH DICTIONARY(7)