Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX HACMP does not start db2 after failover (db2nodes not getting modified by hacmp) Post 302516001 by gkr747 on Thursday 21st of April 2011 10:16:06 AM
Old 04-21-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by funksen
try to run your application server script manually and check where it fails

for db2nodes.cfg, I use the following lines in my Scripts:

Code:

echo "0 $(hostname) 0" > /db2/db2${HASID}/sqllib/db2nodes.cfg 
                chown db2${HASID}:db${HASID}adm /db2/db2${HASID}/sqllib/db2nodes.cfg
                chmod 444 /db2/db2${HASID}/sqllib/db2nodes.cfg

As I understand, modification of db2nodes.cfg file is the responsiblity of the DB2 start script. So, if that is not happening then something is wrong in the DB script and not an issue with HACMP configuration itself?

In simple, HACMP is not directly responsible for modifying this file with the correct nodename..right? instead it should be the DB2 start script(which is initiated by HACMP) that should be doing it?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Hacmp

(0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mhenryj
0 Replies

2. AIX

HACMP (Again)

Hello I am a noobie to HACMP I have 2 55A servers and a 7031 disk subsystem For HACMP to work, do I need to have the hdisks on both servers to match the same drives?? The hdisks on each box are currently different: hdisk0 and hdisk1 are the internal disks and hdisk2-5 are on the D24 on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mhenryj
1 Replies

3. AIX

Can anyone shed some light on this HACMP failover?

Hello All, Here is a snipet from our cluster.log, I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on what may have caused the failover. The first two lines indicate a possible memory issue which I am currently looking into. Thanks. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wez
0 Replies

4. HP-UX

HACMP in HP-UX

Hi, Can anybody advice whether it is possible to configure HACMP in HP-UX Server. To my knowledge HACMP is IBM Solution. Thanks && Regards, N. Poorna Chandra Rao. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: npcrao
2 Replies

5. AIX

failover on 4.5 hacmp

Hi All, How do I trigger the failover on the second hacmp server? Please give me idea and I will do the rest. Thanks, itik (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
2 Replies

6. AIX

hacmp upgrade with db2

Hi All, My company is going to upgrade the db2 on the one node hacmp, I think there's one backup. After the upgrade of the db2. Do I need to restart cluster and server? I mean, do a graceful shutdown of the cluster, reboot the server and do a cluster start. Is that it? Do I need to reboot... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

7. AIX

hacmp ip load balancer failover

Hi All, How do I failover on the ip load balancer (back and forth)? It involves first to load a new config on the passive ip. If success, load the new config on the ip active (which is now passive). Any idea, please. Thanks in advance. (0 Replies)
0 Replies

8. AIX

NFS won't work till I start HACMP

Hi, My NFS does not work till I start HACMP. The NFS service is indeed started when server starts. But it is not in active state, when I use lssrc to check NFS services' status I find they are all in inoperative status. But after I start HACMP (smitty clstart), all NFS services become active... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: qiulang
4 Replies

9. AIX

HACMP with VIO, service IP failover

Would anyone please kindly help to solve this problem... An LPAR with the below network configuration. ent0 and ent1 are logical lan (virtual ethernet) from VIO SEA. en0 1.2.3.4 <- boot ip 192.168.1.1 <- persistent ip 192.168.1.10 <- service ip en1 11.22.33.44 <- boot ip When I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: skeyeung
6 Replies

10. AIX

Thoughts on HACMP: Automatic start of cluster services

Hi all, I remember way back in some old environment, having the HA cluster services not being started automatically at startup, ie. no entry in /etc/inittab. I remember reason was (taken a 2 node active/passive cluster), to avoid having a backup node being booted, so that it will not... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zaxxon
4 Replies
FS_NEWCELL(1)						       AFS Command Reference						     FS_NEWCELL(1)

NAME
fs_newcell - Changes the kernel-resident list of a cell's database servers SYNOPSIS
fs newcell -name <cell name> -servers <primary servers>+ [-linkedcell <linked cell name>] [-help] fs n -n <cell name> -s <primary servers>+ [-l <linked cell name>] [-h] DESCRIPTION
The fs newcell command removes the Cache Manager's kernel-resident list of database server machines for the cell specified by the -name argument and replaces it with the database server machines named by the -servers argument. Each time the machine reboots, the Cache Manager constructs the kernel list of cells and database server machines by reading the local /etc/openafs/CellServDB file. This command does not change the CellServDB file, so any changes made with it persist only until the next reboot, unless the issuer also edits the file. The output of the fs listcells command reflects changes made with this command, because that command consults the kernel-resident list rather than the CellServDB file. This command can introduce a completely new cell into the kernel-resident list, but cannot make a cell inaccessible (it is not possible to remove a cell's entry from the kernel-resident list by providing no values for the -server argument). To make a cell inaccessible, remove its entry from the CellServDB file and reboot the machine. If the -name argument names a DCE cell, then the -servers argument names DFS Fileset Location (FL) Server machines. The -linkedcell argument specifies the name of the AFS cell to link to a DCE cell for the purpose of DFS fileset location. CAUTIONS
Some commands, such as the aklog or klog.krb5 commands, work correctly only when the information is accurate for a cell in both the CellServDB file and the kernel-resident list. OPTIONS
-name <cell name> Specifies the fully-qualified cell name of the AFS or DCE cell. -servers <primary servers>+ Specifies the fully-qualified hostnames of all AFS database server machines or DFS Fileset Location (FL) Server machines for the cell named by the -name argument. If FL Server machines are specified, the local machine must be running the AFS/DFS Migration Toolkit Protocol Translator. -linkedcell <linked cell name> Specifies the name of the AFS cell to link to a DCE cell for the purpose of DFS fileset location. -help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. EXAMPLES
The following example changes the machine's kernel-resident list of database server machines for the ABC Corporation cell to include the machines "db1.abc.com" and "db2.abc.com": % fs newcell -name abc.com -servers db1.abc.com db2.abc.com The following example links the DCE cell "dce.abc.com" to the AFS cell "abc.com". The AFS client contacts the Fileset Location (FL) servers "db1.dce.abc.com" and "db2.dce.abc.com" for fileset location information as it interprets a DFS pathname. % fs newcell -name dce.abc.com -servers db1.dce.abc.com db2.dce.abc.com -linkedcell abc.com PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
The issuer must be logged in as the local superuser root. SEE ALSO
CellServDB(5), fs_listcells(1) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 FS_NEWCELL(1)