Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Replacing strings
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Replacing strings Post 302515887 by ahamed101 on Thursday 21st of April 2011 06:53:25 AM
Old 04-21-2011
Try this

Code:
#!/bin/ksh

f="test1.txt"
fsrc="test"
match=`grep $fsrc $f`
echo $match

you should use -v and pass arguments to awk if you are using it.

regards,
Ahamed

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

replacing strings with text from other file

Hi, Im trying to update some properties files with text from another file: file1 user=xyz file2 user= after script file2 user=xyz Im using this reading the $QUARTZURL,ETC... from quartz.properties: echo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mc1392
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

replacing strings with newlines : sed

Hi everyone, Since the previous time I received help from unix.com I have been encouraged to learn more. going through 1 of the articles(View Article) on sed I found, it pointed an interesting situation. Suppose the text is : Romeo and Ethel the Dancer Moves Audience to Tears. I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hkansal
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing strings in csv file.

Hi, I have a problem.. 1) I have a file that contains the lines as below : VRF-TM_DummyLab/mse02.lab,mse02.lab,ge-2/0/7.222 VRF-EMS_HUAWEI_MSAN_208/mse01.lab,mse01.lab,xe-1/0/0.208 2) I need a method to read this file, line by line from :... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: msafwan82
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing strings

I am trying to take the two line version of this: mv myFile.txt myFile.txt.bak sed 's/foo/bar/g' myFile.txt.bak > myFile.txt and make it into a shell script with three parameters. First two parameters are the string and string replacement and the third is file. So far this is what I have... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gordonheimer
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing Strings in a File

I have a input file which looks like this: Value1="" Value2="" Value3="" ListOfValues=" $Value1 $Value2 $Value3" I have another program which computes the values ($val1, $val2, $val3). So if $val1 is 'A', $val2 is 'B' and $val3 is 'C', I should edit the input file so it will look like:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: laiko
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing Strings in a File

I have a input file which looks like this: Value1="" Value2="" Value3="" ListOfValues=" $Value1 $Value2 $Value3" I have another program which computes the values ($val1, $val2, $val3). So if $val1 is 'A', $val2 is 'B' and $val3 is 'C', I should edit the input file so it will look like:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: laiko
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing strings in perl script

HI all, These are examples of the original value from a variable $abc can be FastEthernet1/0 GigabitEthernet3/1 Serial1/0 If $abc is FastEthernet*/* (where * can be any number), replace $abc value to fa*/* (same number as the original value). GigabitEthernet becomes ga*/* and Serial... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tententen
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Numbering, copying and replacing strings

hello everybody there, I'm a new bash shell programmer and I'm dealing with a problem. To start, I have a file with a number of string lines which may contain a particular string or not. I have to write a code that identifies the line containing one particular string and keeps it, but also writes... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: leaf
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing strings in various files

i'm trying to figure out the easiest way to replace a string: pineapple pineapple-reg basketball basketball-reg football foot-reg-ball i'm storing the above in a file called wordstoreplace.txt for each line above, the word in the first column is to be replaced by the word in the second... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing strings

Hello All, I have two files with delimited | file 1 : 1|2|3 11|12|13 22|23|24 and file 2 : 1|4|5|6 11|14|15|16 22|25|26 I want to replace the value '1' in file 2 with the values in file 1 '1|2|3' so the final output will look like 1|2|3|4|5|6 11|12|13|14|15|16 22|23|24|25|26 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ArunKumarM
3 Replies
isnand(3C)						   Standard C Library Functions 						isnand(3C)

NAME
isnand, isnanf, finite, fpclass, unordered - determine type of floating-point number SYNOPSIS
#include <ieeefp.h> int isnand(double dsrc); int isnanf(float fsrc); int finite(double dsrc); fpclass_t fpclass(double dsrc); int unordered(double dsrc1, double dsrc2); DESCRIPTION
The isnand() and isnanf() functions return TRUE(1) if the argument dsrc or fsrc is a NaN; otherwise they return FALSE(0). The fpclass() function returns one of the following classes to which dsrc belongs: FP_SNAN signaling NaN FP_QNAN quiet NaN FP_NINF negative infinity FP_PINF positive infinity FP_NDENORM negative denormalized non-zero FP_PDENORM positive denormalized non-zero FP_NZERO negative zero FP_PZERO positive zero FP_NNORM negative normalized non-zero FP_PNORM positive normalized non-zero The finite() function returns TRUE(1) if the argument dsrc is neither infinity nor NaN; otherwise it returns FALSE(0). The unordered() function returns TRUE(1) if one of its two arguments is unordered with respect to the other argument. This is equivalent to reporting whether either argument is NaN. If neither argument is NaN, FALSE(0) is returned. None of these functions generates an exception, even for signaling NaNs. RETURN VALUES
See DESCRIPTION. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
fpgetround(3C), isnan(3M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 15 Jun 2004 isnand(3C)