Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware I need help to download firmware fo HMC from version 7.3.4 to vervion 7.3.5 Post 302515743 by Garth on Wednesday 20th of April 2011 06:52:14 PM
Old 04-20-2011
Note* It is not hardware model specific. It will work on your system.

Top right of the page in the document information
Operating system(s):
AIX, IBM i, Linux, Platform Independent

log into the IBM site and search for "PTF MH01185" start with that to update from 7.3.4 to 7.3.5 then work your way up. I believe it is up to SP2.

Last edited by Garth; 04-20-2011 at 08:26 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

How can I manage redundant HMC upgrades with firmware upgrades?

Lets says I have 2 HMC's A and B, connected to a p570 managed system. Right now the firmware level of the p570 is EM320_076 and that needs to be upgraded to EM340_095. Now the HMC's are at V7R3.3 and as per the code matrix the HMC's needs to be upgraded to V7R3.4 Servicepack 2. Now my... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaji_prk
5 Replies

2. Solaris

Command to check firmware version

Command to check firmware version of HP x86 server on which solaris installed. I m not getting version by using prtdiag -v command (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunray
1 Replies

3. AIX

find firmware level through HMC

Is there an HMC command to find the attached managed systems firmware level?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaji_prk
2 Replies

4. AIX

How to obtain old version of HBA firmware ?

Hi all: I have a need to down-rev my AIX HBA firmware due to storage instability after upgrading, but IBM support only makes the latest version of firmware available for download. Can anyone provide pointer/tips for obtaining old HBA firmware ? Specifics: 280B HBA df1000fa driver... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kwachtler
1 Replies

5. AIX

HMC firmware update - "Hard drive" LIC repository ?

Hi, I want to update managed system firmware using HMC. The easiest way to me is to download firmware directly to HMC hard disk. Question: Where shoud I put downloaded firmware in HMC hard disk ? - selection says "Hard disk" - no path no anything. thanks Vilius M. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
0 Replies

6. AIX

HMC updates managed system firmware on both T and P sides ?

Hi, I'm planning to update managed system firmware to new release using HMC. This is cite from IBM documentation describing HMC managed system updates: What I know we install new firmware to T side and in case some problems we boot P side and reject new fw on T. So if HMC updates both T and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
0 Replies

7. AIX

View OS version within HMC web GUI?

Hello there Im wondering is there any way to see lpar OS info (like 5.3 or 6.1) in HMC web GUI? Because in some situation, the lpar is inactive, the only way to check OS version is to activate, this process takes time :) Tks! (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsddaemon
8 Replies

8. AIX

Latest firmware version for P770

Dears i have a power7 P770 working in AIX 5.3 TL 11 with frimware AM730_066 is the AM730_066 frimware the latest one or not ? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: thecobra151
6 Replies

9. AIX

Fix central firmware download

Hello, i'm a french IT student, not very fluent in English. I'm trying to download firmware updates on IBM website but they asking a serial number of a server under warrenty or maintenance. But i have a personnel server for learning, training, etc... and its not under IBM warrenty or maintenance... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tharsan
4 Replies

10. HP-UX

Regarding firmware and kernel version of HP-UX systems.

Dear All, Please help to find out the patch and firmware versions in HP-UX systems. as uname -r is showing os version and uname -a HP-UX xxxxxx B.11.23 U 9000/800 2781427196 unlimited-user license. Kindly help to find out the existing Kernel and firmware versions. Also I need to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragr
3 Replies
IFP(1)							      General Commands Manual							    IFP(1)

NAME
ifp - access iRiver iFP audio devices SYNOPSIS
ifp command [arguments ...] DESCRIPTION
ifp lets you manage your music on an iRiver iFP music player acting in "Manager Mode". If your player is using "UMS Mode", then you don't need this program; it will appear as new drive when you plug it in. This manual page documents the version of ifp included as an example application for the libifp library. The interface is intended to mimic the ifp binary found in the ifp-line binary package. ifp can upload or download files or directories, delete or make directories on the device, format the device, or upgrade your firmware. COMMANDS
ls [directory] List the files and directories on the device. The root directory is /. Directories are preceded with 'd' and other files with 'f'. df Display total and free space on the device. upload localfile remotefile Copy the file named localfile to the iFP device, and name it remotefile. (This is like cp.) upload localfile remotedir Copy the file named localfile to the iFP device, into remotedir. (This is like cp.) upload localdir remotedir Copy the entire directory localdir to the device, into remotedir. This copies into a subdirectory, so upload foo / puts files from the directory foo info /foo on the device. (This is like cp -R.) This uploads the entire directory, not just audio files. put localfile | localdir Upload the file or directory to the device, with the same name it has locally. If a directory is given, it is put in /. download remotefile localfile download remotefile localdir download remotedir localdir Like upload, but copies from the iFP device to your system. Some proprietary file types may not be downloaded. get remotefile | remotedir Like put, but copies files or directories from the device to your current working directory. rm [-r] file Delete (recursively) a file (or directory) on the device. rmdir dir Delete an empty directory on the device. mkdir dir Create a directory on the device. battery Display battery status of the device. typestring Display the model number of the device. firmversion Display the firmware revision currently on the device. format Reformat the device's memory. This will delete all your music. firmupdate FIRMWARE.HEX Upload the file FIRMWARE.HEX as new firmware for the device. This will not delete your music, but may have many other detrimental effects. Don't turn the device off or unplug it while the firmware is updating, and don't attempt to upload new firmware with a low battery. AUTHORS
libifp was written by Geoff Oakham, based on ifp by Yamashiro Jun. This manual page was written for Debian by Joe Wreschnig <piman@debian.org>, but may be used by others. May 30th, 2004 IFP(1)