Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Perl script needed
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl script needed Post 302515719 by jacki on Wednesday 20th of April 2011 05:36:48 PM
Old 04-20-2011
hi Praveen,Ahmed -

I am using Praveen's script -

Additionally I have added unlink to clean the files in the end.

One more thing I want to add the hostname to appname & date in the line and append the all the alerts to the mail in the end after all appname/date/hostname (as descrived earlier).

Code:
#!/usr/bin/perl

use strict;

my ($app,$cmd);
open(FH,"<","/tmp/mail") or die "Fail- $!\n";
open(FW,">","/tmp/mail_test") or die "Fail- $!\n";
while(<FH>) {
chomp;
if(/Appname:(.*)/) {  $app=$1; }
if (/Date\/Time:(.*)/) { printf FW "%s:%s\n",$1,$app; }
}

$cmd='mail -s "mail subject here" allan@mail.com < /tmp/mail_test 2>/tmp/error_mail';
system($cmd);
if ( $? ne 0 ) { die "Failure - while sending email. Please check file /tmp/error_mail \n"; }
close(FW);
close(FH);

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment
Please use code tags when posting data and code samples!

Last edited by vgersh99; 04-20-2011 at 06:40 PM.. Reason: code tags, please!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script Needed Urgent in shell or PERL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My I/p FIle #%npr # { { collectionBeginTime_Date 19Jul2007 granularityPeriod 900 NODEID BSC19 RLC_Raw_Blocksize_CS2 2048 START_DATE 19Jul07 measTimeStamp_Date 20Jul2007 COLLECTION_INTERVAL_MINS 15 RLC_User_Blocksize_CS2 1024 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aajan
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assistance needed with perl script

Ok, theres a log file containing the below. Lets call the logfile log_fantastic: 2009/03/16 21:42:45 USER: tonnabo - MAC: 0014BF2D385A - STATUS_ID: 30 - STATE: ERROR 2009/03/16 21:42:45 USER: tonnabo - MAC: 001310AC120D - STATUS_ID: 15 - STATE: OK 2009/03/16 21:42:45 USER: tonnabo - MAC:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple Script needed for Processing CSV file perl

I am new to perl, and need a script to pull a CSV file, strip out 2 leading columns, and 2 ending columns, and resave the file in a new location. The file is basic and has less than 10,000 records. Secondly, can I schedule perl scripts to run daily? Can someone provide the basic script to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cobbjob
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Script Help Needed

I need this script to be able to check both IPs that are given to it and exit with an OK... if one of those expected IPs is returned. The script is run like this: /bin/dns_checker.pl -s 69.34.55.66 -q htt.jababa.com -e 69.44.56.33,45.47.43.55 Right now, the script is failing, but when I... (4 Replies)
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script help needed..

Hi, I am new to perl scripting. Can anybody help me in solving the below problem. I have file, which is called map_file. According to map_file's last column data, i need a output file, which has repeats as like the map_file's last column name. Thank you in advance Vasanth (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasanth.vadalur
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell or perl script needed

Hi! I have a curl call which gets me the following output: curl http://hostname1.qa.com:8888/getlist OUTPUT - { "token" = "201119041112"; "apps" = { "PaymentApp" = "http://hostname1.qa.com:2333/cgi-bin/Jboss/PaymentApp-EMEA.woa/paymentInfo"; "OrderConsumer" =... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacki
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell or perl script needed for ldif file to text file conversion

This is the ldf file dn: sdcsmsisdn=1000000049,sdcsDatabase=subscriberCache,dc=example,dc=com objectClass: sdcsSubscriber objectClass: top postalCode: 29600 sdcsServiceLevel: 10 sdcsCustomerType: 14 givenName: Adelia sdcsBlackListAll: FALSE sdcsOwnerType: T-Mobile sn: Actionteam... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LinuxFriend
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed with Perl Script

i have the following script: #!/usr/local/bin/perl use STUN::Client; use Data::Dumper; use strict; my $stun_client = STUN::Client->new; $stun_client->stun_server('10.59.29.14'); my $r = $stun_client->get; my $ip = $r->{ma_address}; print "IP: $ip\n\nResult (hash):... (5 Replies)
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed in calling path file from Perl script.

Hi All, I need help in accessing a path file (path.xyz_pqr) not having a shell shebang and exporting paths in the following syntax, export DB_SCRIPT_PATH="/abc/aash/scripts/db_scripts/xyz_pqr" export SRC_FILES_DIR="/bcd/fdw/incoming/xyz_pqr" I need to use the path contained in the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: xtatic
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed on Perl Script to Handle Log files that are rotated using logrotate

Hello all, I am working on a perl script which will read weblogic logfile and send the error messages to Zenoss Monitoring tool. At present the script works and it can able to send the error messages to Zenoss. The problem comes when the logrotate has been applied to the weblogic log file. At... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kar_333
3 Replies
SPEEDY_BACKEND(1p)														SPEEDY_BACKEND(1p)

NAME
speedy_backend - the backend process for a persistent Perl interpreter SYNOPSIS
none ; this program is not meant to be called directly. DESCRIPTION
speedy, short for SpeedyCGI, is a way to run perl scripts persistently, which can make them run much more quickly. After the script is initially run, instead of exiting, the perl interpreter is kept running inside a backend process, speedy_backend. Dur- ing subsequent runs, this interpreter is used to handle new executions instead of starting a new perl interpreter each time. A very fast frontend program, speedy, written in C, is executed for each request. This fast frontend then contacts the persistent Perl process, which is usually already running, to do the work and return the results. Each perl script runs in its own Unix process, so one perl script can't interfere with another. Command line options can also be used to deal with programs that have memory leaks or other problems that might keep them from otherwise running persistently. The speedy front end connects to the back end process, speedy_backend, via a Unix socket in /tmp. A queue is kept in a shared file in /tmp that holds an entry for each process. In that queue are the pids of the perl processes waiting for connections. The frontend pulls a process out of this queue, connects to its socket, sends over the environment and argv, and then uses this socket for stdin/stdout to the perl process. FILES
/tmp/speedy* A unix socket used to connect to the frontend process. AUTHOR
Sam Horrocks http://daemoninc.com sam@daemoninc.com NOTES
This manual page was created by Niko Tyni <ntyni@iki.fi> for Debian GNU/Linux, because the original program does not have one. It is based on the original and more complete CGI::SpeedyCGI(3pm) manual page. SEE ALSO
perl(1), CGI::SpeedyCGI(3pm), speedy(1) SPEEDY_BACKEND(1p)