Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Substring between XML
Top Forums Programming Substring between XML Post 302515705 by Corona688 on Wednesday 20th of April 2011 04:52:20 PM
Old 04-20-2011
It being its own line makes it a lot easier.
Code:
char buf[1024];
char *token="<field=\"tmp\">", *match;

strcpy(buf, "<field=\"tmp\">replace me</field>");

// Gives us NULL if no match, or the position of the first match
match=strstr(buf, token);
if(match)
{
        // Move past the token
        match+=strlen(token);
        // Overwrite EVERYTHING after the token
        sprintf(match, "%s</field>\n", "replacement value");
}

Last edited by Corona688; 04-20-2011 at 06:03 PM..
This User Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to parse a XML file using PERL and XML::DOm

I need to know the way. I have got parsing down some nodes. But I was unable to get the child node perfectly. If you have code please send it. It will be very useful for me. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: girigopal
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove xml namespace from xml file using shell script?

I have an xml file: <AutoData xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"> <Table1> <Data1 10 </Data1> <Data2 20 </Data2> <Data3 40 </Data3> <Table1> </AutoData> and I have to remove the portion xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" only. I tried using sed... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gary1978
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add the multiple lines of xml tags before a particular xml tag in a file

Hi All, I'm stuck with adding multiple lines(irrespective of line number) to a file before a particular xml tag. Please help me. <A>testing_Location</A> <value>LA</value> <zone>US</zone> <B>Region</B> <value>Russia</value> <zone>Washington</zone> <C>Country</C>... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjavalkar
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Command to compare two xml lines while ignoring xml tags

I've got two different files and want to compare them. File 1 : HTML Code: <response ticketId="944" type="getQueryResults"><status>COMPLETE</status><description>Query results fetched successfully</description><recordSet totalCount="1" type="sms_records"><record... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shaishav Shah
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add Xml tags to an existing xml using shell or awk?

Hi , I have a below xml: <ns:Body> <ns:result> <Date Month="June" Day="Monday:/> </ns:result> </ns:Body> i have a lookup abc.txtt text file with below details Month June July August Day Monday Tuesday Wednesday I need a output xml with below tags <ns:Body> <ns:result>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nevergivup
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split xml file into multiple xml based on letterID

Hi All, We need to split a large xml into multiple valid xml with same header(2lines) and footer(last line) for N number of letterId. In the example below we have first 2 lines as header and last line as footer.(They need to be in each split xml file) Header: <?xml version="1.0"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vx04
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting a single xml file into multiple xml files

Hi, I'm having a xml file with multiple xml header. so i want to split the file into multiple files. Sample.xml consists multiple headers so how can we split these multiple headers into multiple files in unix. eg : <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <ml:individual... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Narendra921631
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Grepping multiple XML tag results from XML file.

I want to write a one line script that outputs the result of multiple xml tags from a XML file. For example I have a XML file which has below XML tags in the file: <EMAIL>***</EMAIL> <CUSTOMER_ID>****</CUSTOMER_ID> <BRANDID>***</BRANDID> Now I want to grep the values of all these specified... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shubh752
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to pull multiple XML tags from the same XML file in Shell.?

I'm searching for the names of a TV show in the XML file I've attached at the end of this post. What I'm trying to do now is pull out/list the data from each of the <SeriesName> tags throughout the document. Currently, I'm only able to get data the first instance of that XML field using the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: hungryd
9 Replies
getsubopt(3)						     Library Functions Manual						      getsubopt(3)

NAME
getsubopt - Parses suboption arguments from a command line LIBRARY
Standard C Library (libc.so, libc.a) SYNOPSIS
#include <stdlib.h> int getsubopt( char **optionp, char *tokens[], char **valuep); STANDARDS
Interfaces documented on this reference page conform to industry standards as follows: getsubopt(): XPG4-UNIX Refer to the standards(5) reference page for more information about industry standards and associated tags. PARAMETERS
Specifies the address of a pointer to the option string. Specifies an array of possible suboption tokens. Specifies the address of a value string pointer. DESCRIPTION
The getsubopt() function parses suboption arguments in a flag argument that was initially parsed by the getopt() function. These suboption arguments must be separated by commas and may consist of either a single token, or a token-value pair separated by an equal sign. Because commas delimit suboption arguments in the option string, commas are not allowed to be part of the suboption arguments or the value of a suboption argument. Similarly, because the equal sign separates a token from its value, a token must not contain an equal sign. The following command line for the mount command gives an example of this syntax: mount -o ro,nosuid,rsize=8192 paradox:/u2 /u2 In this example, the suboption consists of three arguments: ro and nosuid (tokens), and rsize=8192 (a token-value pair). When a suboption argument is found in the *optionp string that matches a string in the token array, the index of the matching string in the array is returned. If no match is found, then a -1 is returned. After each match, the *optionp string is updated to point past the matched suboption argument to the next suboption argument in the list. If the suboption argument matched is the last in the string, *optionp is set to the null pointer. If the suboption argument matched is a token-value pair, then *valuep is set to point to the value. If there is no value, then *valuep is to the null pointer. The token array is a list of pointers to strings. The end of the array is signified by a NULL pointer. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, the getsubopt() function returns the index of the token or suboption argument that matches the suboption argu- ment in the input string. Otherwise, if no match is found, it returns a value of -1. ERRORS
No errors are defined for this routine. RELATED INFORMATION
Functions: getopt(3) Standards: standards(5) delim off getsubopt(3)