Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Resync data on File system
Operating Systems AIX Resync data on File system Post 302515599 by DGPickett on Wednesday 20th of April 2011 01:10:14 PM
Old 04-20-2011
Well, you can delete everything and copy afresh:
Code:
rm -rf /appabc2/*;cp -rp /appabc1/* /appabc2

or go by modified date, checksum or bit for bit compare of every file. Do you need to trim excess files in /appabc2/ ? New files need to be added, of course. Can there be new dirs? See man cpio pass option with updates only, which does a lot of this. The rsync command seems overkill for local files. Off the cuff = untested, files only, exact compare:
Code:
(
  cd /appabc1
  find . -type f
  cd /appabc2
  find . -type f
 ) | sort -u | while read f
do
 f="${f#./}"
 if [ ! -f "/appacb1/$f" ]
 then
  rm -f "/appabc2/$f"   # prune
  continue
 fi
 if [ -f /appabc2 -a "$(cmp "/appacb1/$f" "/appabc2/$f" 2>&1)" = "" ]
 then
  continue
 fi
 cp -p "/appacb1/$f" "/appabc2/$f"
done

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

file system had I/O error(s) on meta-data

I'm having this error when I do full fs cleanup # fsck -F vxfs -o full /dev/vg01/lvol1 vxfs fsck: file system had I/O error(s) on meta-data. log replay in progress vxfs fsck: file system had I/O error(s) on meta-data. vxfs fsck: file system had I/O error(s) on meta-data. pass0 - checking... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: catwomen
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

raidctl and resync when reboot

I am using raidctl on a v440 disk and noticed it resyncs after every boot, which takes about 30 minutes because of the size of the partition. I am concerned with what happens during the resync if "writes" happen to the disk before it is complete? Any info would be helpful. Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: csgonan
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to verify that copied data to remote system is identical with local data.

I have created simple shell script #!/bin/sh echo `date`; echo "Start .... find . -mtime +95 -print > /tmp/files.txt for file in `cat /tmp/files.txt` do echo "copying file - $file" /usr/local/bin/scp -p -P 2222 $file remote.hostname:/file/path echo "copid file -... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ynilesh
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Data Recovery from file system overwritten with LVM.

Hey peeps, Here is somethin u might find interestin.... Is it possible to recover data from a partition which used to be an ext3 file sytem with some nice forgotten backups, which now is an lvm partion containg root partition of another OS. :) I couldn't create any mess better than this, can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: squid04
2 Replies

5. Linux

Increasing total data size per file system request for block drivers

Hi All, I am writing a block driver for a 2GB SD card where i get the total amount of data per request as follows: struct request *req; uint card_addr,total_bytes; struct request_queue *rq = BlkDev->queue; req = elv_next_request(rq); .. .. card_addr = req->sector*512;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amio
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

File system testing for Data corruption

Hi, could any one tell is there any test-suite or any idea How to do data corruption validation testing, means there is no any data corruption ? Regards Manish (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manish_tcs_hp
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to make a full system backup excluding data and restoring it to a new system

Hi, In order to have a sand box machine that I could use to test some system changes before going to production state, I'd like to duplicate a working system to a virtual one. Ideally, I'd like to manage to do it this way : - Make a full system backup excluding the user file system (this... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pagaille
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can I reboot during a metadevice resync?

In my infinite lack of wisdom, I brought a Solaris 10(Sparc, 64 bit ) system down to init 1, detached a metadrive so that I could run format->analyze->refresh on it, and then reinit'd and reattached it . It started syncing the drive as it's a submirror of a mirrored drive, which happens... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: the.gooch
8 Replies

9. AIX

/tmp/man18809436: Invalid file system control data detected

/tmp/man18809436: Invalid file system control data detected Help me what do I do? Если знаете русскии, пишите на нем. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: islily
2 Replies
Test::Regression(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     Test::Regression(3pm)

NAME
Test::Regression - Test library that can be run in two modes; one to generate outputs and a second to compare against them VERSION
Version 0.05 SYNOPSIS
use Test::Regression; ok_regression(sub {return "hello world"}, "t/out/hello_world.txt"); DESCRIPTION
Using the various Test:: modules you can compare the output of a function against what you expect. However if the output is complex and changes from version to version, maintenance of the expected output could be costly. This module allows one to use the test code to generate the expected output, so that if the differences with model output are expected, one can easily refresh the model output. EXPORT
ok_regression FUNCTIONS
ok_regression This function requires two arguments: a CODE ref and a file path. The CODE ref is expected to return a SCALAR string which can be compared against previous runs. If the TEST_REGRESSION_GEN is set to a true value, then the CODE ref is run and the output written to the file. Otherwise the output of the file is compared against the contents of the file. There is a third optional argument which is the test name. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
TEST_REGRESSION_GEN If the TEST_REGRESSION_GEN environment file is unset or false in a perl sense, then the named output files must exist and be readable and the test will run normally comparing the outputs of the CODE refs against the contents of those files. If the environment variable is true in a perl sense, then model output files will be overwritten with the output of the CODE ref. AUTHOR
Nicholas Bamber, "<nicholas at periapt.co.uk>" BUGS
Please report any bugs or feature requests to "bug-test-regression at rt.cpan.org", or through the web interface at <http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/ReportBug.html?Queue=Test-Regression>. I will be notified, and then you'll automatically be notified of progress on your bug as I make changes. testing of STDERR The testing of stderr from this module is not as thorough as I would like. Test::Builder::Tester allows turning off of stderr checking but not matching by regular expression. Handcrafted efforts currently fall foul of Test::Harness. Still it is I believe adequately tested in terms of coverage. SUPPORT
You can find documentation for this module with the perldoc command. perldoc Test::Regression You can also look for information at: o RT: CPAN's request tracker <http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/Bugs.html?Dist=Test-Regression> o AnnoCPAN: Annotated CPAN documentation <http://annocpan.org/dist/Test-Regression> o CPAN Ratings <http://cpanratings.perl.org/d/Test-Regression> o Search CPAN <http://search.cpan.org/dist/Test-Regression/> ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
Some documentation improvements have been suggested by toolic (http://perlmonks.org/?node_id=622051). Thanks to Filip GraliXski for pointing out I need to test against output of zero length and providing a patch. COPYRIGHT &; LICENSE Copyright 2009-10 Nicholas Bamber. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of either: the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; or the Artistic License. See http://dev.perl.org/licenses/ for more information. perl v5.10.1 2010-08-29 Test::Regression(3pm)