Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk text record - prepend first field to all subsequent fields Post 302515536 by vgersh99 on Wednesday 20th of April 2011 10:32:05 AM
Old 04-20-2011
Code:
nawk 'BEGIN{RS=FS=""}{for(i=2;i<=NF;i++) print $1, $i}' myFile

NOTE: Solaris nawk specific.....

Last edited by vgersh99; 04-20-2011 at 11:51 AM..
This User Gave Thanks to vgersh99 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk: record has too many fields

Hi, I'm trying this command - but get this error. Do you guys have any workaround for this? cat tf|sed 's/{//g'|sed 's/,//g'|awk '{for (i=1;i<=NF;i++) {if ($i == "OPTIME") {k = i + 2; print $i,$k}}}' awk: record `2005 Jul 28 17:35:29...' has too many fields record number 15 This is how... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chaandana
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find pattern, and then last field from subsequent lines

I've got a log file, of the format Name: network1 Dropped packets: 15618 Dropped packets for IPv6: 27 Dropped packets: 74 Dropped packets for IPv6: 0 Failed RADIUS Authentication procedures: 0 Failed RADIUS Accounting procedures: 0 Name: network2 Dropped packets: 1117 ... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yorkie99
18 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print all the fields of record using awk

Hi, i want to generate print statement using awk. i have 20+ and 30+ fields in each line Now its priting only first eight fields print statement as output not all. my record is as shown below filename ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghavendra.nsn
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - use fields from subsequent lines

I've run into a problem getting exactly what I want out of awk - some folks may recognize this as an output from Amazon's ec2-describe-instances: Given the following: INSTANCE i-4960f321 BLOCKDEVICE Line2Var2 TAG instance i-4960f321 Name web1 TAG instance i-4960f321... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: colinjohnson
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

keeping last record among group of records with common fields (awk)

input: ref.1;rack.1;1 #group1 ref.1;rack.1;2 #group1 ref.1;rack.2;1 #group2 ref.2;rack.3;1 #group3 ref.2;rack.3;2 #group3 ref.2;rack.3;3 #group3 Among records from same group (i.e. with same 1st and 2nd field - separated by ";"), I would need to keep the last record... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: beca123456
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print 1st field and last 2 fields together and the rest of the fields after it using awk?

Hi experts, I need to print the first field first then last two fields should come next and then i need to print rest of the fields. Input : a1,abc,jsd,fhf,fkk,b1,b2 a2,acb,dfg,ghj,b3,c4 a3,djf,wdjg,fkg,dff,ggk,d4,d5 Expected output: a1,b1,b2,abc,jsd,fhf,fkk... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: 100bees
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - compare 1st 15 fields of record with 20 fields

I'm trying to compare 2 files for differences in a selct number of fields. When differnces are found it will write the whole record of the second file including appending '|C' out to a delta file. Each record will have 20 fields, but only want to do comparison of 1st 15 fields. The 1st field of... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sljnk
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing entire fields with specific text at end or beginning of field

Greetings. I've got a csv file with data along these lines: Spumoni's Pizza Place, Placemats n Things, Just Lamps Counterfeit Dollars by Vinnie, Just Shades, Dollar StoreI want to replace the entire comma-delimited field if it matches something ending in "Place" or beginning with "Dollar",... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: palmfrond
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to print lines based on text in field and value in two additional fields

In the awk below I am trying to print the entire line, along with the header row, if $2 is SNV or MNV or INDEL. If that condition is met or is true, and $3 is less than or equal to 0.05, then in $7 the sub pattern :GMAF= is found and the value after the = sign is checked. If that value is less than... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Prepend 0 to a field in a record

Hi All, I have a file like below. In the field 9 I am having 14,014,3,001/009 on the records. I want to convert the field to a three digit value. For example 14 should 014 , 3 should 003 11050;11001;;CREDITTRANC;5293218;NRATL;;;11095;;-1;14;3;29=0000;1.25... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
5 Replies
ucblinks(1B)					     SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package Commands					      ucblinks(1B)

NAME
ucblinks - adds /dev entries to give SunOS 4.x compatible names to SunOS 5.x devices SYNOPSIS
/usr/ucb/ucblinks [-e rulebase] [-r rootdir] DESCRIPTION
ucblinks creates symbolic links under the /dev directory for devices whose SunOS 5.x names differ from their SunOS 4.x names. Where possi- ble, these symbolic links point to the device's SunOS 5.x name rather than to the actual /devices entry. ucblinks does not remove unneeded compatibility links; these must be removed by hand. ucblinks should be called each time the system is reconfiguration-booted, after any new SunOS 5.x links that are needed have been created, since the reconfiguration may have resulted in more compatibility names being needed. In releases prior to SunOS 5.4, ucblinks used a nawk rule-base to construct the SunOS 4.x compatible names. ucblinks no longer uses nawk for the default operation, although nawk rule-bases can still be specifed with the -e option. The nawk rule-base equivalent to the SunOS 5.4 default operation can be found in /usr/ucblib/ucblinks.awk. OPTIONS
-e rulebase Specify rulebase as the file containing nawk(1) pattern-action statements. -r rootdir Specify rootdir as the directory under which dev and devices will be found, rather than the standard root directory /. FILES
/usr/ucblib/ucblinks.awk sample rule-base for compatibility links ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
devlinks(1M), disks(1M), ports(1M), tapes(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 13 Apr 1994 ucblinks(1B)