Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Mapping and replacing numbers in two files Post 302515527 by Tytalus on Wednesday 20th of April 2011 10:18:29 AM
Old 04-20-2011
using (n)awk:

Code:
#  nawk 'NR==FNR{x[$1]=$2;next}{print x[$1]}'  map infile

HTH
These 2 Users Gave Thanks to Tytalus For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sed - Replacing numbers w/asteriks in random location in a file

I have a file which contains lots of text (comment field). I would like to parse through the comment field which can be up to 255 characters long and look for anything that seems to resemble, say, a credit card number or customer account number, etc. and replace the numbers with asteriks (*). ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: giannicello
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

replacing numbers greater than 0 with 1

I have some ASCII files containing numerous numbers. What I'd like to do is replace all numbers greater than 0 with 1. Examples of the numbers include: - 000011 and 000042 Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vrms
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in finding and replacing port numbers.

Hi All, I am trying to write a shell script which firstly will search some files and then increase the port numbers mentioned in them by a certain no. let me clear it with an example- suppose there r few files a,b,c,d.... file a's content- <serverEntries xmi:id="ServerEntry_1"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankushsingh10
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing numbers in bash scripts

Hi, I have lines in some files that look exactly as below, and the line numbers they occur in are always the same. (Lines 136-139) W 0.00000000 0.00000000 2.00000000 W 0.50000000 0.50000000 2.50000000 W 0.00000000 0.00000000 3.00000000 W 0.50000000 0.50000000 3.50000000 I'd like to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluesmodular
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Preserving Empty Lines while Replacing Numbers

Greetings, I am using tcsh to write a script that will replace the numbers in a file with a single number, the caveat is that this file has blank lines which are necessary for another step down the line so I need to preserve the blank lines. I have tried sed and awk but both will collapse the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bonesy
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating unique mapping from multiple mapping

Hello, I do not know if this is the right title to use. I have a large dictionary database which has the following structure: where a b c d e are in English and p q r s t are in a target language., the two separated by the delimiter =. What I am looking for is a perl script which will take... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mapping two files

I have a large comma delimited file from which i have to extract a specific column, compare it against a static file and replace the column value with the matching column from the static file. The following are the files: Main file: mainfile.csv test1234,,real,,,,open,,,,EU,,,,23/03/2012... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: goddevil
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing a character between two numbers

Hi, I need to replace a character between two numbers (specifically a - to a _). The problem is that they can be *any* numbers. So, I need a one liner to turn a file like this: 1-2 3-4 55-66 4323-12312893 into the following 1_2 3_4 55_66 4323_12312893 Any help would be appreciated! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mikey11415
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Loop Through Files in Order and mapping

Hi there, How can I loop through files with order. I tried using ls .html | sort -v However the filename is with spaces:1233.61.47.0 - 121.61.123.112 nexpose.html Here is the original code that is working well, but I need to sort through the filename.echo "<center>" for file in *.html... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alvinoo
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing 12 columns of one file by second file based on mapping in third file

i have a real data prod file with 80+ fields containing 1k -2k records. i have to extract say 12 columns out of this which are sensitive fields along with one primary key say SEQ_ID (like DOB,account no, name, SEQ_ID, govtid etc) in a lookup file. i have to replace these sensitive fields in... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: megh12
11 Replies
ucblinks(1B)					     SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package Commands					      ucblinks(1B)

NAME
ucblinks - adds /dev entries to give SunOS 4.x compatible names to SunOS 5.x devices SYNOPSIS
/usr/ucb/ucblinks [-e rulebase] [-r rootdir] DESCRIPTION
ucblinks creates symbolic links under the /dev directory for devices whose SunOS 5.x names differ from their SunOS 4.x names. Where possi- ble, these symbolic links point to the device's SunOS 5.x name rather than to the actual /devices entry. ucblinks does not remove unneeded compatibility links; these must be removed by hand. ucblinks should be called each time the system is reconfiguration-booted, after any new SunOS 5.x links that are needed have been created, since the reconfiguration may have resulted in more compatibility names being needed. In releases prior to SunOS 5.4, ucblinks used a nawk rule-base to construct the SunOS 4.x compatible names. ucblinks no longer uses nawk for the default operation, although nawk rule-bases can still be specifed with the -e option. The nawk rule-base equivalent to the SunOS 5.4 default operation can be found in /usr/ucblib/ucblinks.awk. OPTIONS
-e rulebase Specify rulebase as the file containing nawk(1) pattern-action statements. -r rootdir Specify rootdir as the directory under which dev and devices will be found, rather than the standard root directory /. FILES
/usr/ucblib/ucblinks.awk sample rule-base for compatibility links ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
devlinks(1M), disks(1M), ports(1M), tapes(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 13 Apr 1994 ucblinks(1B)