Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How would I do 2 search & replaces in 1 Perl statement? Post 302515506 by pawannoel on Wednesday 20th of April 2011 08:58:57 AM
Old 04-20-2011
Can someone tell me where I can find all the ANSI codes for text editing ? I'm really new to all this so I'll appreciiate your input Smilie
Cheers

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using varible/varible substitution in Perl/sed Search & Replace

Hi, I have a program that searches for a particular string patten. I am however having difficulty passing the varible $i (in a loop) as the string pattern to replace. Using either perl or sed search and replace statements, I get the same kinda result. For example, using the perl: for i in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Breen
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

if statement with two conditions -e, &&

Wow I'm so zoned out I don't even know if I posted this question up already (I couldn't find it in my book marks or in "yesterday's" post). My question is, I'm writing a korn script that does something like the following, but I don't yet completely understand the syntax. I need to check that... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: yongho
16 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

search & replace password perl script

I wanted a perl script to be done for Password search & replace in two files. For Example: Example 1)--i am having a file such as cat /opt/customer/Ariba/UAT/ariba/app/buyer/Server/config/Parameters.table Example 2)--and i am having a other file in other location such as cat... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shellscript22
4 Replies

4. Programming

IF && statement problem

Hello there, My first time on the forums, glad to be here :) I'm completely new to programming in PHP and I have a question which I hope someone could help me with. I am currently using this statement: if(($session == 2) && ($item == Dagger) && ($item2 == Dagger)){ ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hero
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to write If statement using && and operator in Unix

Hi What is the syntax for if statement using && and || operator? if && ] || here its giving me an error to this if statement any suggestion?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Avi
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search & Replace regex Perl one liner to AWK one liner

Thanks for giving your time and effort to answer questions and helping newbies like me understand awk. I have a huge file, millions of lines, so perl takes quite a bit of time, I'd like to convert these perl one liners to awk. Basically I'd like all lines with ISA sandwiched between... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: verge
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search and replaces lines with a variable number

Helo, I have a kml file with 39.000 lines. Need search text and add a sequential number before text. Original file <Placemark> <name>POI</name> <styleUrl>#waypoint</styleUrl> <Point> <coordinates>2.104510,41.341900</coordinates> </Point> ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saba01
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

if statement with '&&' gives error

Hi, I'm using the && operator in if statement: if ; then exp $UID/$PWD@$ORACLE_SID FILE=./DUMP/$TODAY$CONCAT_STR$USERNAME.dmp STATISTICS=NONE LOG=./LOG/$TODAY$CONCAT_STR$USERNAME.log elif ; then expdp $UID/$PWD@$ORACLE_SID DIRECTORY=./DUMP/ DUMPFILE=$TODAY$CONCAT_STR$USERNAME.dmp... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: priya001
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using && in if statement with 3 expressions

how do you write an if statement for something like if ((expr 1 >= expr 2 && expr 3 >= expr 4) && expr 5 <= expr 6) if ((TRUE && TRUE) && TRUE) then condition... i've done it this way but it doesn't seem to work. if (] && "$ex_day" -le "$curr_day" ); then condition... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: angilulu
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replaces a value in a file after a particular string using perl?

I need to replace the value of notifications_enabled to 0 if the value already set to 1 and vice versa(not the other values and spaces remain same after the value changed). I tried the below program for that. Can any one help me out. file:test.cfg define host { hostgroups ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: praveen265
2 Replies
FFLUSH(3)						   BSD Library Functions Manual 						 FFLUSH(3)

NAME
fflush, fpurge -- flush a stream LIBRARY
Standard C Library (libc, -lc) SYNOPSIS
#include <stdio.h> int fflush(FILE *stream); int fpurge(FILE *stream); DESCRIPTION
The function fflush() forces a write of all buffered data for the given output or update stream via the stream's underlying write function. The open status of the stream is unaffected. If the stream argument is NULL, fflush() flushes all open output streams. The function fpurge() erases any input or output buffered in the given stream. For output streams this discards any unwritten output. For input streams this discards any input read from the underlying object but not yet obtained via getc(3); this includes any text pushed back via ungetc(3). RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion 0 is returned. Otherwise, EOF is returned and the global variable errno is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
[EBADF] stream is not an open stream, or, in the case of fflush(), not a stream open for writing. The function fflush() may also fail and set errno for any of the errors specified for the routine write(2). SEE ALSO
write(2), fclose(3), fopen(3), setbuf(3) STANDARDS
The fflush() function conforms to ANSI X3.159-1989 (``ANSI C89''). BSD
June 4, 1993 BSD