Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How can i use sed to replace a keyword in an xml file? Post 302515110 by 4dirk1 on Tuesday 19th of April 2011 04:53:11 AM
Old 04-19-2011
---------- Post updated at 04:53 PM ---------- Previous update was at 04:52 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by palanisvr
Code:
sed s/keyword/`cat temp.txt`/ xml_file

sir i tried this but resulted to an error:

sed s/kw01/`cat fatal_alerts.txt`/ template.xml > new.xml
sed: command garbled: s/kw01/

what could be wrong? I tried doing a similar command and does not report any error:
bash-2.05$ sed s/dirk/`cat g`/ r.txt > new.txt
bash-2.05$ cat new.txt
win nowitzki
bash-2.05$ cat r.txt
dirk nowitzki

PLEASE HELP! Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace string in XML with sed

Greetings, I have an XML : file.xml <component> <name>abcd</name> <value>1234</value> </component> I am using sed to replace abcd with the desired value dynamically without knowing the actual value. sed 's/<name>./]\{1,\}<\/name>/<name>ijkl<\/name>/' file.xml > newfile.xml I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chiru_h
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace nth value in xml file

Hi all, I have application.xml file with following content <dependency> <groupId>fr.orange.portail.ear</groupId> <artifactId>_AdminServicesEAR</artifactId> <version>1.0.0-20080521.085352-1</version> <type>ear</type> </dependency> <dependency> ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: subin_bala
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace only if the keyword is the first word in every line

How do I replace only if the keyword is at the begining of a line? Code: -- a = “This is a print statement” print a -- What if I want to replace print by #print only in the second line i.e only if the line starts with that keyword. Please help me out. I'm new to SED. -----Post... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexzubin
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

replace %20 in xml file

Hi, I'd like to use sed in order to replace %20 and other "special" characters that are represented with % and some number combination in xml file. Typical line looks like this: /Users/imac1/Music/iTunes/iTunes... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: andrejm
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find/Replace in XML file

I am not sure how to approach this find/replace using a shell script. Any help or guidance appreciated. I want to find this: <objects/> <thumb>thumb_0001.jpg</thumb> <preview>preview_0001.jpg</preview> And replace with something like this: <objects>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jimraynor
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to replace particular content in a xml file

Hi, My requirement is to find a text and replace it with another in a XML file. I am new to Unix,Please provide some suggestion to achieve. Find: <Style ss:ID="ColumnHeader1"> Replace with: <Style ss:ID="ColumnHeader1"> <Borders> <Border ss:Position="Bottom"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cnraja
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a Keyword in file and replace another keyword or add at the end of line

Hi I want to implement something like this: if( keyword1 exists) then check if(keyword2 exists in the same line) then replace keyword 2 with New_Keyword else Add New_Keyword at the end of line end if eg: Check for Keyword JUNGLE and add/replace... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dashing201
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace a string in a xml file

Hello, I have below xml file, I want to find line default-value and replace the string within quotes followed by default-value "moni/Websphere/". Replace moni/Websphere/ with monitor/AMQ/ <monitor> <name>WebsphereMqMonitor</name> <type>managed</type> <argument... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prince1987
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace string in XML file with awk/sed with string from another

Sorry for the long/weird title but I'm stuck on a problem I have. I have this XML file: </member> <member> <name>TransactionID</name> <value><string>123456789123456</string></value> </member> <member> <name>Number</name> ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: cozzin
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed search and replace after xml tag

Hi All, I'm new to sed. In following XML file <interface type='direct'> <mac address='52:54:00:86:ce:f6'/> <source dev='eno1' mode='bridge'/> <model type='virtio'/> <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x03' function='0x0'/> </interface> ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: varunrapelly
8 Replies
GOPHER_PARSEDIR(3)							 1							GOPHER_PARSEDIR(3)

gopher_parsedir - Translate a gopher formatted directory entry into an associative array.

SYNOPSIS
array gopher_parsedir (string $dirent) DESCRIPTION
gopher_parsedir(3) parses a gopher formatted directory entry into an associative array. While gopher returns text/plain documents for actual document requests. A request to a directory (such as /) will return specially encoded series of lines with each line being one directory entry or information line. PARAMETERS
o $dirent - The directory entry. RETURN VALUES
Returns an associative array whose components are: o type - One of the GOPHER_XXX constants. o title - The name of the resource. o path - The path of the resource. o host - The domain name of the host that has this document (or directory). o port - The port at which to connect on host. Upon failure, the additional data entry of the returned array will hold the parsed line. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Hypothetical output from gopher://gopher.example.com/ 0All about my gopher site. /allabout.txt gopher.example.com 70 9A picture of my cat. /pics/cat.png gopher.example.com 70 1A collection of my writings. /stories gopher.example.com 70 hThe HTTP version of this site. URL:http://www.example.com gopher.example.com 70 1Mirror of this site in Spain. / gopher.ejemplo.co.es 70 iWelcome to my gopher site. error.host 1 iPlease select one of the options above error.host 1 iSend complaints to /dev/null error.host 1 iLong live gopher! error.host 1 In the example above, the root directory at gopher.example.com knows about one DOCUMENT identified by 0 located at gopher://gopher.exam- ple.com:70/allabout.txt. It also knows about two other directory (which have their own listing files) at gopher://gopher.exmaple.com:70/stories and at gopher://gopher.ejemplo.co.es:70/. In addition there is a binary file, a link to an HTTP url, and several informative lines. By passing each line of the directory listing into gopher_parsedir(3), an associative array is formed containing a parsed out version of the data. Example #2 Using gopher_parsedir(3) <?php $directory = file("gopher://gopher.example.com"); foreach($directory as $dirent) { print_r(gopher_parsedir($dirent)); } ?> The above example will output: Array ( [type] => 0 [title] => All about my gopher site. [path] => /allabout.txt [host] => gopher.example.com [port] => 70 ) Array ( [type] => 9 [title] => A picture of my cat. [path] => /pics/cat.png [host] => gopher.example.com [port] => 70 ) Array ( [type] => 1 [title] => A collection of my writings. [path] => /stories [host] => gopher.example.com [port] => 70 ) Array ( [type] => 254 [title] => The HTTP version of this site. [path] => URL:http://www.example.com [host] => gopher.example.com [port] => 70 ) Array ( [type] => 1 [title] => Mirror of this site in Spain. [path] => / [host] => gopher.ejemplo.co.es [port] => 70 ) Array ( [type] => 255 [title] => Welcome to my gopher site. [path] => [host] => error.host [port] => 1 ) Array ( [type] => 255 [title] => Please select one of the options above. [path] => [host] => error.host [port] => 1 ) Array ( [type] => 255 [title] => Send complaints to /dev/null [path] => [host] => error.host [port] => 1 ) Array ( [type] => 255 [title] => Long live gopher! [path] => [host] => error.host [port] => 1 ) PHP Documentation Group GOPHER_PARSEDIR(3)