Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl - match e-mail addresses in multiple files Post 302515102 by wf1974 on Tuesday 19th of April 2011 03:54:58 AM
Old 04-19-2011
Thanks for the quick reply bartus11, that's working fine now.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

keeps telling me my email addresses don't match

HI there, Trying to register but it keeps telling me my email address doesn't match. I tried several times. I even tried closing out and coming back to the page. Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: r0k3t
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

read and match multiple lines in perl

Could any one tell me how to read and match multiple lines in perl? Did this code below still work in this situation? while (<FILE>) { if (/ /) { } } Thanks a lot! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: zx1106
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Match a line with multiple search patterns

Hi I'm not very good with the serach patterns and I'd need a sample how to find a line that has multiple patterns. Say I want to find a line that has "abd", "123" and "QWERTY" and there can be any characters or numbers between the serach patterns, I have a file that has thousands of lines and... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Juha
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i send mail to multiple addresses in same domain in bash?

Suppose i have a txt file that is the list of the addresses,something like: lala0045 john james lala0234 george james and i want to send an email to lala0045@blabla.com and lala0234@blabla.com,the same domain...what is the exact syntax i should use in my script? there is a command... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: bashuser2
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Printing Multiple Lines after pattern match

Hello People, Need some assistance/guidance. OUTLINE: Two files (File1 and File2) File1 has some ids such as 009463_3922_1827 897654_8764_5432 File2 has things along the lines of: Query= 009463_3922_1827 length=252 (252 letters) More stufff here ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deep9000
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Define multiple mail recipents in a variable in perl

hi I have a perl script from which I call a shell script and pass mail variable to it. The mail works fine if I give 1 recipient but fails for multiple. conv.pl:- $mialing = "anu\@abc.com" rest.sh $mialing rest.sh mail -s "hi" $1 This works fine But I need to define multiple... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: infyanurag
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Echo - Sending mail to multiple addresses

Hi, If I want my script to send a mail to multiple recipients I can do the following: if then echo $err_string1 | mailx -s "UAT CPU ALERT" 1@email.com echo $err_string1 | mailx -s "UAT CPU ALERT" 2@email.com fi Can this also be done something like: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: runnerpaul
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

last occurrence of a match through multiple files

Hi all, I have a lot of files with extension ".o" and I would like to extract the 10th line after (last) occurrence of a given string in each of the files. I tried: $ grep "string_to_look_for" *.o -A 10 | tail -1 but it gives the occurrence in the last file with extension .o ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: f_o_555
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match records from multiple files

Hi, I have 3 tab delimited text files which look like this. File1: PROTEINID DESCRIPTION PEPTIDES FRAMES GB://115298678 _gi_115298678_ref_NP_000055.2_ complement C3 precursor 45 55 GB://4502027 _gi_4502027_ref_NP_000468.1_ serum albumin preproprotein 34 73 Entrez://strain 11128 /... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vavad
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl match multiple numbers from a variable similar to egrep

I want to match the number exactly from the variable which has multiple numbers seperated by pipe symbol similar to search in egrep.below is the code which i tried #!/usr/bin/perl my $searchnum = $ARGV; my $num = "148|1|0|256"; print $num; if ($searchnum =~ /$num/) { print "found"; }... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kar_333
2 Replies
ALI(1)                                                               [nmh-1.5]                                                              ALI(1)

NAME
ali - list mail aliases SYNOPSIS
ali [-alias aliasfile] [-list | -nolist] [-normalize | -nonormalize] [-user | -nouser] [-version] [-help] [aliases ...] DESCRIPTION
Ali searches the named mail alias files for each of the given aliases. It creates a list of addresses for those aliases, and writes that list on standard output. If no arguments are given, ali outputs all alias entries. By default, when an aliases expands to multiple addresses, the addresses are separated by commas and printed on as few lines as possible. If the -list option is specified, then when an address expands to multiple addresses, each address will appear on a separate line. The switch -user directs ali to perform its processing in an inverted fashion: instead of listing the addresses that each given alias expands to, ali will list the aliases that expand to each given address. If the -normalize switch is given, ali will try to track down the official hostname of the address. The files specified by the profile entry "Aliasfile" and any additional alias files given by the -alias aliasfile switch will be read. Each alias is processed as described in mh-alias(5). FILES
$HOME/.mh_profile The user profile /etc/passwd List of users /etc/group List of groups PROFILE COMPONENTS
Path: To determine the user's nmh directory Aliasfile: For a default alias file SEE ALSO
mh-alias(5) DEFAULTS
`aliasfiles' defaults to /etc/nmh/MailAliases `-nolist' `-nonormalize' `-nouser' CONTEXT
None BUGS
The -user option with -nonormalize is not entirely accurate, as it does not replace local nicknames for hosts with their official site names. MH.6.8 11 June 2012 ALI(1)