Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Zombie process question
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Zombie process question Post 302514749 by Perderabo on Sunday 17th of April 2011 11:05:18 PM
Old 04-18-2011
MySQL

Thanks for researching your own question and posting the answer.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Zombie process

How do i kill a zombie process. Is it that only root can kill a zombie process. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: orca
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Zombie process

I would like to create a zombie process so that I can test monitoring software functionality. Any techniques? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: swhitney
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

zombie daemon process!!

My daemon process is the child of init and init has the responsibility to remove it, once it turns zombie. But I want to ask why the daemon process which is child of init turns zombie in the first place. What measures I have to take to avoid this? rish (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rish2005
1 Replies

4. Linux

zombie process

Hi What is the command to find only the zombie processes?? How to write the code in C to fetch the no. of zombie processes?? Thanx (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeenat
5 Replies

5. Linux

How to kill zombie process

I have RHES4 machine with VRTSralus - Backup Exec agent installed there and running as a service. The agent hiccups sometimes and turns into defunct state. The problem is that I cannot kill it anyway., it stays there forever until the machine is rebooted. I wonder if anyone had such an experience... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: will_mike
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Zombie process

Hi I need help because I don't know if it is possible to add a find inside a cat. like I have a file with the pid of the process that use to became zombie. And I have the same pid stored in the var (pid1) now, I have no clue how to check if the the find finds the pid or even if it's... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ruben.rodrigues
2 Replies

7. Solaris

zombie process

dear friends, in an interview they asked me what is zombie process. how we can identifying these process.if can you kill all zombie process. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sijocg
8 Replies

8. AIX

zombie process

Is there an equivilant to the preap command in AIX that would allow me to get rid of a zombie process. I am new to AIX, moving over from Solaris and in the past I have been able to preap the pid on the defunct process to clean them up. I have looked around and the best I can see is that it may... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sboots
3 Replies

9. Solaris

How to Kill Zombie Process

Dear Bos, I have one server,everday if I check with command TOP always present zombie,like below: last pid: 4578; load averages: 0.15, 0.11, 0.13 07:56:15 298 processes: 295 sleeping, 1... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: fredginting
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Zombie process

What is the overhead associated with zombie process?Is it running out of process-ID?:confused: Since some information is stored in process table.. Thanks in Advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jois
4 Replies
PURITY-NG(6)							   Games Manual 						      PURITY-NG(6)

NAME
purity-ng - general purpose purity testing software SYNOPSIS
purity-ng [OPTION]... list|FILE|TESTNAME DESCRIPTION
Purity is an interactive purity test program with a simple, user interface and datafile format. For each test, questions are printed to the your terminal, and you are prompted for an answer to the current question. At a prompt, these are your choices: y Answer "yes" to the question. n Answer "no" to the question. b Backup one question, if you answered it incorrectly, or someone is watching you take the test, and you don't (or do) want to admit a different answer. s Print your current score on the test you are taking. q Quit the test, and print the current score. ? Print a help screen for the current prompt. At the end of the test, your score is printed out. For most purity tests, lower scores denote more "experience" of the test material. OPTIONS
--version print current version of purity-ng -h, --help show the help message and exit -p print the test without prompting for answers. -r decrypt the test using the Rot 13 algorithm. To get a list of all purity tests available globally on your system, run purity-ng list. AUTHORS
purity was originally written by Eric Lechner in 1989. purity-ng is a reimplementation of purity in Python for modern systems, written by Simon Fondrie-Teitler and Luke Faraone. This manual page was written by Luke Faraone. BUGS
If you find bugs in the application, please report these to <https://bugs.launchpad.net/purity-ng> or to your distribution's distributor. SEE ALSO
purity(6) Running purity-ng format provides documentation about the datafile format. Additional documentation is available online at <http://packages.python.org/purity-ng>. January 7, 2011 PURITY-NG(6)