Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Can't successfully clone an HDD in Ubuntu, please help Post 302514578 by Unlimitedbt on Saturday 16th of April 2011 09:16:32 PM
Old 04-16-2011
Can't successfully clone an HDD in Ubuntu, please help

Hi guys, I am total newbie to Linux / Ubuntu but trying it to solve the problem I have.
I have an OKI printer with bad HDD and trying to clone one from the same HDD from working printer. Board it goes on has a Fiery chipset and system used is Linux based / related - to the best of my knowlege. I was using dd and ddrescue to clone the 2.5 inch 20GB HDD but got a message "Unauthorized software" when installed the drive.
I had formatted/partitioned the destination drive in exact same manner as original
and used dd to clone - but did not work, Any pro's - please some advice.
Thank you.
Roman.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Old HDD copy to new HDD ? im lost...

Over the last few months the HDD spins louder and louder, so I fiqured its time to replace the HDD. Its been running 24/7/365 since 98 :eek:. yes i said since 98 :D I have an IBM system 43P Model 240. 233 MHz. running AIX Version 4. The current HDD is an IBM DGHS COMP IEC -950 FRU PN#... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chevy89rocks
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

script has been executed successfully or not??

Guys, How can we know whether a script has been executed successfully or not ? We dont have any log directories, and we are not given a chance to modify the script. Could someone help me out with this Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby1015
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cannot successfully execute .sh: su - <name> -c

Hi All, First time poster, I hope I have the basics covered. I am trying to execute a .sh but finding I am getting inconsistent results. A fresh set of eyes would be great. I am using Solaris 10 zones. So I am trying to execute a script but I am getting different results between... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: att01
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Alphabet and numeric values repeat again and again on HDD/Linux-Ubuntu

My system is Linux, Ubuntu. I examine my hard disk drive with a hex editor, it's unencrypted, and when I scroll down, using page down in the ASCII section at right showing the alphanumeric and symbols information, the letters of the alphabet repeat from A-Z along with numbers repeating, followed by... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: totalrecallz
2 Replies

5. HP-UX

How to clone a 382-workstations hdd?

Hi there, I got a pretty old HP 382 workstation, and the hdd is pretty LOUD ... ;) So I thought I clone it to an much quiter one. I tried this: - removed the loud hdd - connected it to an system running knoppix 7.0.4 (hdd is recognized with UFS filesystem; Clonezilla couldn't handle the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: pelegrine
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Did my script execute successfully ?

Hi, I have two scripts viz and I am running them in background. I wish to know if both the scripts completed execution successfully. So this is what I have done /tmp/commet/bin/connectdb1.sh & condb1=$? /tmp/commet/bin/connectdb2.sh & condb2=$? However, I am getting error... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Samba broken on clone Ubuntu

I configured freeradius version 2.2.0 running on Ubuntu 12.04 to authenticate against active directory and it is working fine until I decide to clone (vmware) the machine. Once the machine is clone I changed the IP address, hostname in (/etc/hosts and /etc/hostname) and also changed the name in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hassan1
1 Replies

8. AIX

IBM AIX Internal HDD vs SAN HDD and Oracle

Hi Folks, I am facing an issue with the performance. P4 with 1 processor and 16 GB RAM and SAN HDD = Oracle report takes 25 minutes P5 with 2 processors and 16 GB RAM internall HDD with LPAR = Oracle Report takes 1 hour 15 minutes ( please note I have assigned all the max processors and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

BMW GT1 DIS - SCO 5.0 and Oracle 7 Root HDD Clone - IBM T30

Greeting All Diag tool HDD clone SCO 5 + Oracle 7 DB ( IBM T30 ) I am new to this forum and my knowledge on computers OS is average . I have just acquired a factory diag tool for BMW/RR/MINI from a retired mechanic. Its runs on a IBM T30 laptop with a Unix/Oracle DB system. Sco 5... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bmw635
8 Replies
WHAT-PATCH(1)						      General Commands Manual						     WHAT-PATCH(1)

NAME
what-patch - detect which patch system a Debian package uses SYNOPSIS
what-patch [options] DESCRIPTION
what-patch examines the debian/rules file to determine which patch system the Debian package is using. what-patch should be run from the root directory of the Debian source package. OPTIONS
Listed below are the command line options for what-patch: -h, --help Display a help message and exit. -v Enable verbose mode. This will include the listing of any files modified outside or the debian/ directory and report any additional details about the patch system if available. AUTHORS
what-patch was written by Kees Cook <kees@ubuntu.com>, Siegfried-A. Gevatter <rainct@ubuntu.com>, and Daniel Hahler <ubuntu@thequod.de>, among others. This manual page was written by Jonathan Patrick Davies <jpds@ubuntu.com>. Both are released under the GNU General Public License, version 3 or later. SEE ALSO
The Ubuntu MOTU team has some documentation about patch systems at the Ubuntu wiki: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PackagingGuide/PatchSystems cdbs-edit-patch(1), dbs-edit-patch(1), dpatch-edit-patch(1) DEBIAN
Debian Utilities WHAT-PATCH(1)