Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: trouble with shell_exec()
Top Forums Web Development trouble with shell_exec() Post 302514448 by Corona688 on Friday 15th of April 2011 05:21:25 PM
Old 04-15-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrick
(Why did you add "man" to that... lol)
If you don't know about UNIX manual pages, you're missing out on a lot. Try typing man latex into your shell. Manual pages should be available for quite a few different commands, utilities, functions, shells, protocols, and system calls. You can also access manual pages on unix.com through the 'man' link in the top bar, though as it turns out, not for latex.

Last edited by Corona688; 04-15-2011 at 07:25 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Trouble with tr

I'm not sure where to post this but it's happening on a SunOS 5.8 server so I'll try here. I've discovered some unexpected behavior when using tr. For example: echo a | tr Z echo b | tr a echo a | tr B echo a | tr B echo a | tr A (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mike@Work
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

X trouble

Hi there, I'm new to unix-environments. I'm richard, and i'm mostly a web-developer, under php. I've done work in unix env before, but never had my own. Today, I've got debian 3.1 r4 from the official site, and i've attempted to install it twice. I installed it initially as "Desktop... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: izua
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

php shell_exec, exec command timeout

HI, Does anybody know if its possible to execute a command through exec, shell exec, system and if the program doesn't terminate in N seconds returns control to PHP ? reg, research3 ---------- Post updated 10-16-09 at 12:20 AM ---------- Previous update was 10-15-09 at 11:03 PM... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: research3
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with PHP and shell_exec!!!

Hi, I've been working on a PHP script which is "supposed" to find an individuals weather based on their geolocation. This script uses "shell_exec". I have checked my syntax and it is correct, but there is still something missing; for when I call on the script using: <form action='/weather.php'... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: o0110o
15 Replies

5. Programming

Calling macro in shell_exec not working

Hi guys! I really need your help. I have a php code that should convert doc, ppt,etc. to pdf using openoffice. But its not working, and im not sure what the problem is. Here's my php code: define('OOFFICE_LIBRARY', '/usr/lib/openoffice.org/program/'); $convertToPdf = OOFFICE_LIBRARY .... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tweine
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

c binary not being executed with shell_exec()

I have written a c program. And compiled it to make a binary. Now when i try to call this binary from php page, it is not being executed. [ (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xerox
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing array variable in shell_exec

Hi all, i wrote a php script in which i passed some values in the array variable using a for loop. I have to pass this array values to a shell script using shell_exec() <?php while($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($ansid)) { //$row = mysql_fetch_assoc($ansid); $aid = $row; echo $aid; $i =... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vidhyaS
2 Replies

8. Web Development

php shell_exec

Hey guys i've recently been getting into php programming and i became thinking was it possible to create a php script that would allow you to run a terminal from the browser page? All i've pretty much got so far is: $var = $_GET; $output = php shell_exec($var); echo $output; ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lordfirex
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sqlplus with shell_exec(); PHP command

Hi, I need to run a PL/SQL Query from a distant oracle server in order to create spool files and send it to my own server, using a php script. I firstly created a SH script called myscript.sh #!/bin/bash echo "This script is working" sqlplus... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cgstag
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Shell_exec is not working

I am trying to execute a command with shell_exec but this command does not work, other commands work <?php $output = shell_exec("tail /var/log/syslog"); echo "<pre>$output</pre>"; ?> (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rodrigo_Bueno
4 Replies
AMSTEX(1)						      General Commands Manual							 AMSTEX(1)

NAME
amstex - structured text formatting and typesetting SYNOPSIS
amstex [ first line ] DESCRIPTION
This manual page is not meant to be exhaustive. The complete documentation for this version of TeX can be found in the info file or manual Web2C: A TeX implementation. The AmSTeX language is described in the book The Joy of TeX. AmSTeX is a TeX macro package, not a modification to the TeX source program, so all the capabilities described in tex(1) are present. The AmSTeX macros encourage writers to think about the content of their documents, rather than the form. The ideal, not always realized, is to have no formatting commands (like ``switch to italic'' or ``skip 2 picas'') in the document at all; instead, everything is done by specific markup instructions: ``emphasize'', ``start a section''. AmSTeX is the official typesetting system of the American Mathematical Society, and nearly all of its publications are typeset using AmS- TeX. The online version of AMS Math Reviews uses AmSTeX input syntax for display of mathematical material. AMS authors can provide edi- tors with computer-readable AmSTeX files. For authors more familiar with LaTeX, an AMS-supported package called amsmath.sty is is available. FILES
amsguide.tex" Documentation for AmSTeX, typesettable by TeX. amfndoc.tex" Documentation for AMS fonts, typesettable by TeX. SEE ALSO
latex(1), tex(1), slitex(1). Michael Spivak, The Joy of TeX, 2nd edition, Addison-Wesley, 1990, ISBN 0-8218-2997-1. Web2C 7.3.1 27 December 1992 AMSTEX(1)