Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: awk/perl one-liner assist
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk/perl one-liner assist Post 302514407 by bartus11 on Friday 15th of April 2011 03:39:35 PM
Old 04-15-2011
Did you try solution that I provided in your previous thread (https://www.unix.com/shell-programmin...-sed-perl.html)?
I just changed "a" to "\t":
Code:
perl -F'"' -anle 'for ($i=0;$i<=$#F;$i+=2){$F[$i]=~s/ /\t/g}print join "\"",@F' file

This User Gave Thanks to bartus11 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl One Liner

Hi , Can anybody explain how this perl one liner works.. It is to test whether the number is prime or not perl -le 'print "PRIME" if (1 x shift) !~ /^(11+)\1+$/' 19 Thanks in advance Shihab (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shihabvk
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search & Replace regex Perl one liner to AWK one liner

Thanks for giving your time and effort to answer questions and helping newbies like me understand awk. I have a huge file, millions of lines, so perl takes quite a bit of time, I'd like to convert these perl one liners to awk. Basically I'd like all lines with ISA sandwiched between... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: verge
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need an awk / sed / or perl one-liner to remove last 4 characters with non-unique pattern.

Hi, I'm writing a ksh script and trying to use an awk / sed / or perl one-liner to remove the last 4 characters of a line in a file if it begins with a period. Here is the contents of the file... the column in which I want to remove the last 4 characters is the last column. ($6 in awk). I've... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: right_coaster
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing Awk with One-liner Perl

can someone help me translate the following command, from: /usr/bin/awk "/^$TOFDAYM $TOFDAYD /,0" $LOGFILE to something like perl -e ..... basically, i want to use perl to do awk functions within a shell script. i want to do the above awk, using perl. any suggestions? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace awk with a perl one liner (REGEXP and FS)

hello, I want to replace awk with a perl one liner in unix. i use in awk REGEX and FS ( field separator) because awk syntaxes in different unix os versions have not the same behaviour. Awk, Nawk and GNU Awk Cheat Sheet - good coders code, great reuse i have a file named "file" and want... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bora99
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Perl one liner to replace text

Not quite a unix question but problem in a perl command. Taking a chance if someone knows about the error cat 1 a b c d perl -p -e 's/a/b/g' 1 b b c d What is the problem here?? perl -p -i -e 's/a/b/g' 1 Can't remove 1: Text file busy, skipping file. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: analyst
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP with AWK one-liner. Need to employ an If condition inside AWK to check for array variable ?

Hello experts, I'm stuck with this script for three days now. Here's what i need. I need to split a large delimited (,) file into 2 files based on the value present in the last field. Samp: Something.csv bca,adc,asdf,123,12C bca,adc,asdf,123,13C def,adc,asdf,123,12A I need this split... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shell_boy23
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete line - Perl one liner

Hi all, I need a Perl one liner which prints a newline into a .txt file, only where the line starts with "/mediawiki-1.19.0/". It should add the newline to the line before. My problem is, when I try to realize this (with my little knowledge :rolleyes: ) i come to the point where the // are... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr.Smith
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL one liner

hi, I am using PERL one liner for oracle database connection as : $PERL -e "use DBI; DBI->connect(qw(DBI:Oracle:SID user passwd));" is there a way to append select statement to this connection ? i.e. DB connection and select stmt in one line ? how to do sysdba connection using one lines... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: talashil
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl one liner to wrap comment lines

Greetings fellow scripters. I find myself editing multiple files, sometimes with the same bits of information. My bash script, a changelog, and a plist file (OS X). Once I realized this, I thought why not script part of this process (and so it begins). In any case, I've solved several of the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: reid
1 Replies
URI::URL(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					     URI::URL(3pm)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.14.2 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3pm)