Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting 2 versions, 1 script (A tale of madness.) Post 302514292 by Perderabo on Friday 15th of April 2011 10:42:34 AM
Old 04-15-2011
My perl pocket reference says that "use" has an optional version. So I guess that something like:use Math::BigInt 1.87; might work.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

network madness

well here's the situation .... the setup - cisco 800 series router , 2 cisco 1900 switches , which connect abt 15 pc's . the task - establish a connection with a remote server through a digital line (64kbps) the problem - 7 pcs connected to one of the two switches do not connect to the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: cubicle^dweller
9 Replies

2. IP Networking

network speed not tale with the port setting

Hi all, one of my Sun Box facing the problem. The network port i had set to Auto-Negotiated and i had edited the /etc/system/ file in the Sun box as below: set hme:hme_adv_autoneg_cap=1 set hme:hme_adv_100fdx_cap=0 set hme:hme_adv_100hdx_cap=0 But when i checked the /var/adm/messages/, it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: AirWalker83
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script preserving last 2 versions of files

I need some help with the logic and syntax for a shell script (ksh) that will search a directory and look for similar files and save only the last two versions. The version number is in the file name. However, the files are of varying name lengths and may have 1 or many files, with no limit to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: synergy_texas
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a script to delete previous versions of files

Hi. I need a script (either bash or perl) that can delete previous versions of files. For instance, from our continuous build process I get directories such as build5_dev_1.21 build5_dev_1.22 build5_dev_1.23 build5_dev_1.24 I need a script that I can run every night (using "at"... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jbsimon000
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to delete older versions of unique files

I have directory where new sub directories and files being created every few minutes. The directories are like abc_date, def_date, ghi_date. I am looking to keep the latest 2 unique directories and delete everything else. Here is what I have so far This gives me unique names excluding the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: zzstore
5 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Interview madness

A discussion elsewhere got me thinking: What where the most insane/amusing/strange interview questions or answers you got/gave? Not overly technical stuff, but questions that made you go "Huh?" (And keeping with this forums main Idea: "No technical Q&A") I'll start... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pludi
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to maintain file versions

I am developing a script to maintain 'n' number of versions of a file. The script will take a filename as a parameter and the number of versions to maintain. This basically does something like a FIFO. Here is what I developed. But something is not right. I have attached the script. Can u pls help... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vskr72
2 Replies
Math::BigInt::FastCalc(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Math::BigInt::FastCalc(3pm)

NAME
Math::BigInt::FastCalc - Math::BigInt::Calc with some XS for more speed SYNOPSIS
Provides support for big integer calculations. Not intended to be used by other modules. Other modules which sport the same functions can also be used to support Math::BigInt, like Math::BigInt::GMP or Math::BigInt::Pari. DESCRIPTION
In order to allow for multiple big integer libraries, Math::BigInt was rewritten to use library modules for core math routines. Any module which follows the same API as this can be used instead by using the following: use Math::BigInt lib => 'libname'; 'libname' is either the long name ('Math::BigInt::Pari'), or only the short version like 'Pari'. To use this library: use Math::BigInt lib => 'FastCalc'; Note that from Math::BigInt v1.76 onwards, FastCalc will be loaded automatically, if possible. STORAGE
FastCalc works exactly like Calc, in stores the numbers in decimal form, chopped into parts. METHODS
The following functions are now implemented in FastCalc.xs: _is_odd _is_even _is_one _is_zero _is_two _is_ten _zero _one _two _ten _acmp _len _num _inc _dec __strip_zeros _copy LICENSE
This program is free software; you may redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. AUTHORS
Original math code by Mark Biggar, rewritten by Tels <http://bloodgate.com/> in late 2000. Seperated from BigInt and shaped API with the help of John Peacock. Fixed, sped-up and enhanced by Tels http://bloodgate.com 2001-2003. Further streamlining (api_version 1 etc.) by Tels 2004-2007. SEE ALSO
Math::BigInt, Math::BigFloat, Math::BigInt::GMP, Math::BigInt::FastCalc and Math::BigInt::Pari. perl v5.12.1 2010-04-26 Math::BigInt::FastCalc(3pm)