Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How would i mail in html format?(Formatting Help) Post 302514135 by pinga123 on Friday 15th of April 2011 12:22:13 AM
Old 04-15-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGPickett
Well, the raw text gets all mime'd up to send an email readable either in plain text or html, a multi-part, for which there are RFC's galore. To send raw email, I guess you might use sendmail barefoot or connect to port 25 of a mail forwarder and do your own esmtp (not that hard).

Here is a bit of the mail headers for an outlook mail message:
Code:
Subject: nice to have a subject
To: "them@their.domain" <them@their.domain>
Message-ID: <0F0AC85C12F66949AB0572184DE7A1CB0606269944@ex2k.bankofamerica.com>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
          boundary="Boundary_(ID_oCNJgMBed65A0Phw5JVvIg)"
Content-Language: en-US
Accept-Language: en-US
Thread-topic: nice to have a subject
Thread-index: Acv6wA+3quoooFKoT5Cov80iv+jZDQ==
X-MS-Has-Attach:
X-MS-TNEF-Correlator:
X-Proofpoint-Virus-Version: vendor=fsecure
engine=2.50.10432:5.2.15,1.0.148,0.0.0000
definitions=2011-04-14_07:2011-04-14,2011-04-14,1970-01-01 signatures=0

Thanks for the reply but i find it little difficult to understand.
Whenever i send the mail with plain text mail get properly formated.
But When the same is done with html tag some part of mail is not properly formatted (Some part= output of commands like ps aux)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

formatting a Compact Flash in DOS format

:confused: I tryied to use the mount Command (and the msdos.utils) in Darwin 1.4 (OS X) to format a Compact Flash in DOS Format (I had already this native format but I changed it with Disk Utility in MacOS standard and the PC Card slot of a Windows 98-Laptop can't nore read the card) I want to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dreamsurfer
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

formatting output in html

hello all. I was hoping someone may have an idea or two. I'm throwing together a shell script that does a lot of application and system level data collection. The idea is is you run it before/after restarting an application for later analysis. A lot of stuff is collected... resource stats,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ebbtide
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

unable to sent mail in html format by mailx command.

I use maix command to sent mails. i can sent only plain text mails. Unable to sent mails in html format. while sending mails in html format, the received mail has the html code only. (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: p_prathaban
17 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mail x to HTML

Hi, i've build a script, 1: neon_script and the other 2:neon_mailing those to scripts i run with 3:neon_handmatig After that i get a mail in plain text in my mail box and i want it in html format. I already tried already a several things but nothings seems to work. Somebody got i idea how... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rensen
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting isql output to horizontal format

Hi I am formatting informix isql output(vertical) to horizontal format. Suppose I have the following content in the flat file from isql output - item_nbr 0 usfn_label Subscriber Class usfn_name SBCLASS usfn_value bl5 item_nbr 1 usfn_label Switch Name usfn_name switchName... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nsinha
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to send html file in a mail not as an attachment but it should display in the mail in table for

Hi The below script working when we are sending the html as attachment can u please guide how to send thesmae data in table form direct in the mail and not in mail attachment . cat Employee.sql SET VERIFY OFF SET PAGESIZE 200 SET MARKUP HTML ON SPOOL ON PREFORMAT OFF ENTMAP ON - HEAD... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mani_isha
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

html formatting using awk

Hi I have a file as given below: <table border=1> <TR><TH>Script Name</TH><TH>CVS Status</TH><TH>Script Location</TH></TR> <TR><TD><CENTER>Work Area: /home/ustst/</CENTER></TD></TR> <TR><TD><CENTER>admin_export.sh</CENTER></TD><TD><CENTER>Locally... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sudvishw
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How would i mail in html format?(Formatting Help)

I have written a scripts that checks the load average of server and if it is more than 5 it send a mail describing Current Load Average and High CPU/RAM processes . The problem is I want to send these information in html form .I have done necessary coding to do the same but whenever i try to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Sending a HTML email from cli loses formatting.

Hi, I have a .sh file, to email a report of our backups from a linux machine. It looks like this (minus a few bits): echo "HELO $host.$domain" sleep 1 echo "mail from: vdrreport@$domain" sleep 1 echo "rcpt to:$mailto" sleep 1 echo "data" sleep 1 echo "subject: $host VDR-Report... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cognito
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

HTML formatting in shellscript

I have written one script which connects to MYSQL database, fires one select query and send the results over an email, if there is any Output. But the Output which I am receiving over email is in text format. I need to get it dispalyed in tabular format to ensure better readability. Below is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sambit Sahu
3 Replies
mdbFontSize(5)							 The m17n Library						    mdbFontSize(5)

NAME
mdbFontSize - Font Size DESCRIPTION
In some case, a font contains incorrect information about its size (typically in the case of a hacked TrueType font), which results in a bad text layout when such a font is used in combination with the other fonts. To overcome this problem, the m17n library loads information about font-size adjustment from the m17n database by the tags <font, resize>. The data is loaded as a plist of this format. FONT-SIZE-ADJUSTMENT ::= PER-FONT * PER-FONT ::= '(' FONT-SPEC ADJUST-RATIO ')' FONT-SPEC ::= '(' [ FOUNDRY FAMILY [ WEIGHT [ STYLE [ STRETCH [ ADSTYLE ]]]]] REGISTRY ')' ADJUST-RATIO ::= INTEGER FONT-SPEC is to specify properties of a font. FOUNDRY to REGISTRY are symbols corresponding to Mfoundry to Mregistry property of a font. See m17nFont for the meaning of each property. ADJUST-RATIO is an integer number specifying by percentage how much the font-size must be adjusted. For instance, this PER-FONT: ((devanagari-cdac) 150) instructs the font handler of the m17n library to open a font of 1.5 times bigger than a requested size on opening a font whose registry is 'devanagari-cdac'. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2001 Information-technology Promotion Agency (IPA) Copyright (C) 2001-2011 National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST) Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl.html>. Version 1.6.2 12 Jan 2011 mdbFontSize(5)