Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Running script and commands through SSH Post 302514033 by Apfik on Thursday 14th of April 2011 03:07:54 PM
Old 04-14-2011
There are some differences definitely, unfortunately I don't understand it. I have attached three files with info about the environment. envlocal (logged through ThinLink), envremove (logged through SHH) and their difference diff.
Maybe some one can see from the files what is the problem.
Thank you

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

running commands from script

I'm new to unix and I have a fairly simple problem: Lets say I am in a specific directory and I run the command: "dirs" , I get an output of all the folders that i pushed into the stack (as expected), buut, when when I create a script (called test): #! /bin/csh dirs and then i run:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: owijust
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding ssh commands to a shell script

I have written some scripts that do a few admin tasks on 23 servers I manage. Usually I execute these scripts from one server by running ssh commands remotley, i.e. ssh root@server2 shellscript, ssh root@server2 shellscript & so on.. It works fine but I want to improve this by writing a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Moxy
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

running script in cron - with ssh commands - not working

I ran an ssh command to run a script on a remote server ssh -l <user> <servername> /path/to/script/scriptname This works fine - and the script is executed correctly. However - I put this command into a script, that I want to run from cron every hour, to execute the file on the remote... (31 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
31 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running unix commands in a perl script

Executing two unix commads via perl script one after another e.g: make clean bsub -i -q short make have tried using exec but the second command doesnt executes (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajroshan
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Alert for long running commands in script

Hi All, Is there a way in which a long running command can terminate by itself inside a script? I need something like below: echo Start <command> exit If the <command> is taking more than say 100 seconds to complete, the script should exit without manual intervention. Thanks, Deepak (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepakgang
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute ssh commands through bash script

Hi all! I am trying to write a script that will check if a certain directory is available at several different nodes and then do stuff in it ..... On the beginning of the script I give as a variable the directory and the number of the nodes and then I loop like this: for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: idet2
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with running commands from shell script

I'm trying to copy files from a remote windows server to Unix server. I was successfully able to copy files from windows server using command prompt but when I run these commands from a script it's not working as expected. commands used: sftp user@remoteserver.com lcd local_dir cd... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: naresh7590
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running Commands on a Remote Linux Server over SSH

Hello, I'm trying to create a ksh script to ssh to a remote server, enter the password and a couple commands. For security reasons I have changed the login, password and ip in my example. #!/bin/ksh ssh -t -t username@12.5.5.3 << EOF password cd bin pwd EOF When I run it. It... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: seekryts15
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script running multiple commands at once

Hi All, I have put a perl script together to go and collect some information from multiple nodes/endpoints. The script works absolutly fine however I want to make it quicker. You will see in the below that my script calls an expect script called ssh_run_cmd2.exp followed by the IP of... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mutley2202
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ssh - running commands on remote server

Hi, I am trying to run commands on a list of servers that I can ssh to and just want to know if there is a 'cleaner' way of doing this. At the moment, I am doing as below. Is there a way that I can escape the double quote differently? If a use a single quote to enclose the commands that I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
1 Replies
DIFF(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   DIFF(1)

NAME
diff - print differences between two files SYNOPSIS
diff [-c | -e | -C n] [-br]file1 file2 OPTIONS
-C n Produce output that contains n lines of context -b Ignore white space when comparing -c Produce output that contains three lines of context -e Produce an ed-script to convert file1 into file2 -r Apply diff recursively to files and directories of EXAMPLES
diff file1 file2 # Print differences between 2 files diff -C 0 file1 file2 # Same as above diff -C 3 file1 file2 # Output three lines of context with every diff -c file1 file2 # Same diff /etc /dev # Compares recursively the directories /etc and /dev diff passwd /etc # Compares ./passwd to /etc/passwd DESCRIPTION
the same name, when file1 and file2 are both directories" difference encountered" Diff compares two files and generates a list of lines telling how the two files differ. Lines may not be longer than 128 characters. If the two arguments on the command line are both directories, diff recursively steps through all subdirectories comparing files of the same name. If a file name is found only in one directory, a diagnostic message is written to stdout. A file that is of either block special, character special or FIFO special type, cannot be compared to any other file. On the other hand, if there is one directory and one file given on the command line, diff tries to compare the file with the same name as file in the directory directory. SEE ALSO
cdiff(1), cmp(1), comm(1), patch(1). DIFF(1)