Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting script to check large directory--help Post 302513978 by DGPickett on Thursday 14th of April 2011 12:35:54 PM
Old 04-14-2011
"find ... -exec xxx" is far less scalable than "find ...|xargs -n999 xxx"

From a functional point of view, you might send the summary every time, but then break out the biggies. You might even send a separate email for each file system that is over.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

check the file in multiple Directory in a script

hi, i want to write the script to list atleast one file inside that directory eg: /home/Log/amp01 /home/log/amp02 . . . /home/log/amp..N want to see atleast one file inside the /home/log/amp01 .... amp(N) if it not there.. need to give that no file exists inside... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mail2sant
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to check for a directory in /home for all users

Following on from this post: https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/150201-simple-script-mount-folder-all-users-home.html and getting told off for bumping the thread:( Please could someone help me with a short script to check is a certain directory is present in /home for all users... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: barrydocks
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using find in a directory containing large number of files

Hi All, I have searched this forum for related posts but could not find one that fits mine. I have a shell script which removes all the XML tags including the text inside the tags from some 4 million XML files. The shell script looks like this (MODIFIED): find . "*.xml" -print | while read... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
6 Replies

4. Red Hat

Empty directory, large size and performance

Hi, I've some directory that I used as working directory for a program. At the end of the procedure, the content is deleted. This directory, when I do a ls -l, appears to still take up some space. After a little research, I've seen on a another board of this forum that it's not really taking... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bdx
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is it better/possible to pause the rsyncing of a very large directory?

Possibly a dumb question, but I'm deciding how I'm going to do this. I'm currently rsyncing a 25TB directory (with several layers of sub directories most of which have video files ranging from 500 megs to 4-5 gigs), from one NAS to another using rsync -av. By the time I need to act ~15TB should... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeCoTwc
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to copy very large directory trees

I have constant trouble with XCOPY/s for multi-gigabyte transfers. I need a utility like XCOPY/S that remembers where it left off if I reboot. Is there such a utility? How about a free utility (free as in free beer)? How about an md5sum sanity check too? I posted the above query in another... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check whether directory has files in it or not in shell script?

hi, I am having script in which i want to check if directory has any file in it or not. If directory contains a single or more files then and only then it should proceed to further operations... P.S.: Directory might have thousand number of files. so there might be chance of getting error... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: VSom007
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script to check the file sitting in the directory more than 10 hours

Hi, I require shell script to check for any pending files which are sitting in the particular directory for more than 10 hours. Please help me on this...Thank you. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiruthiish
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to check the files existence inside a directory.

Hello Folks, On Below Script, I want to apply condition. Condition that it check the directory for files if not found keep checking. Once directory have files and founded do the calculation and finish the code. Script to check the files existence inside a directory, If not then keep... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: sadique.manzar
16 Replies
LURKER-SEARCH(1)					      General Commands Manual						  LURKER-SEARCH(1)

NAME
lurker-search -- searches for messages in a lurker database SYNOPSIS
lurker-search [-c <config-file>] [-k <keyword>] [-d -f -i -v -q] [<terms>*] DESCRIPTION
lurker-search searches a lurker database the same way as the web interface. It can output summary information and delete messages. OPTIONS
-c config-file Use this config file for lurker settings. -k keyword Tag the matching messages with this keyword. -d Delete the messages found by this search -f Don't prompt before deleting -i Command line paramers are not search terms, but message IDs. -v Output message summary information -q Don't output message ids or status SEARCH TERMS
Lurker-search accepts these keywords for searching: -xxx select messages which do NOT match this term id:xxx select a message by the Message-ID field rt:xxx select messages which reply to the chosen Message-ID th:xxx select messages included in this thread ml:xxx select messages in this mailing list gr:xxx select messages in this mailing list group au:xxx select messages with this term in the author fields sb:xxx select messages with this word in the subject lang:xxx select messages in this language SEE ALSO
lurker-index(1), lurker-prune(1), lurker-params(1), lurker-list(1) lurker documentation on http://lurker.sourceforge.net/ COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002: Wesley W. Terpstra <terpstra@users.sourceforge.net> This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; version 2. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MER- CHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place - Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307, USA. BUGS
Before reporting a bug, please confirm that the bug you found is still present in the latest official release. If the problem persists, then send mail with instructions describing how to reproduce the bug to <lurker-users@lists.sourceforge.net>. LURKER-SEARCH(1)