Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Aging file not use and touch
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Aging file not use and touch Post 302513832 by KenJackson on Thursday 14th of April 2011 07:02:35 AM
Old 04-14-2011
I didn't have time to write the script.
I just mentioned the commands that would be used to do it a different way.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

OpenSSH and password aging

Vesion 3.8.1 of OpenSSH has been compiled on a Solaris 8 host. I am having difficulties in enabling password aging to work from reading /etc/default/passwd and /etc/shadow. # passwd -f < user-id > works satisfactorily however once a password ages through due course from the settings in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raylen
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

password aging help

If the command passwd -f is used, Users get the below error. I need to force users to change there passwords at initial login. Anyone know what is going on? This is on a Non-Stop UX system UX:in.login: ERROR: Your password has been expired for too long UX:in.login: TO FIX: Consult your system... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: breigner
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

password aging

hi experts this is regarding password aging i tried searching forum but i cudnt locate given a login id, i would like to determine whether password ageing has been enabled for that and for the login id whether password has been expired on a particular point of time Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: teletype_error
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Touch all files and subdirectories (recursive touch)

I have a folder with many subdirectories and i need to set the modified date to today for everything in it. Please help, thanks! I tried something i found online, find . -print0 | xargs -r0 touch but I got the error: xargs: illegal option -- r (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: glev2005
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Touch New File with First Line

I am interested in creating a new file from a KSH script where the first line is printed. I know how to create the file, but creating with a pre-defined first line is what I need help with. My code below creates the file, but how do I accomplish that and do it so that when I open that txt file... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: royarellano
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SCP and then touch .done file

All, I am looking to make a script and wanted to see if anyone could help out. The script will go through the directory, put a timestamp, transfer it and then create a touch $file.done script HEre is my initial idea, but I don't think it will work properly. Anyone able to help me refine it... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: markdjones82
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[HELP] Scripts moving aging file by FTP

Hi Experts, Kindly share scripts to find aging file and ftp to another server.. Example: Find files more than 5 days and ftp to another server. Please give suggestion :) Thanks Edy (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: edydsuranta
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Need HELP] Find aging file and auto FTP

Dear Experts, I have script to find aging file like this: find /ArchiveINTF/INTF name "*" -type f -mtime +365 {} \; >> agingfile.txt This script will find all files over 365 days. But, I have problem, how to auto FTP all files? Thanks Edy (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: edydsuranta
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Protect a file against touch

Afternoon, the stat command is used against a file to ascertain date created and last modification time. However a different individual if they so chose could use the touch command to alter the date created or modification time. Is there anyway to protect against this ? thanks Steve (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sevans29
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using touch to create a file

I have noticed that the following command works touch subtext_geopdf_to_.x However this one does not touch subtext_/geopdf/_to_/.x How can I create such a file without making it think I supplied a path? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
2 Replies
SCRIPT(1)							   User Commands							 SCRIPT(1)

NAME
script - make typescript of terminal session SYNOPSIS
script [options] [file] DESCRIPTION
script makes a typescript of everything displayed on your terminal. It is useful for students who need a hardcopy record of an interactive session as proof of an assignment, as the typescript file can be printed out later with lpr(1). If the argument file is given, script saves the dialogue in this file. If no filename is given, the dialogue is saved in the file type- script. OPTIONS
-a, --append Append the output to file or to typescript, retaining the prior contents. -c, --command command Run the command rather than an interactive shell. This makes it easy for a script to capture the output of a program that behaves differently when its stdout is not a tty. -e, --return Return the exit code of the child process. Uses the same format as bash termination on signal termination exit code is 128+n. -f, --flush Flush output after each write. This is nice for telecooperation: one person does `mkfifo foo; script -f foo', and another can supervise real-time what is being done using `cat foo'. --force Allow the default output destination, i.e. the typescript file, to be a hard or symbolic link. The command will follow a symbolic link. -q, --quiet Be quiet (do not write start and done messages to standard output). -t[file], --timing[=file] Output timing data to standard error, or to file when given. This data contains two fields, separated by a space. The first field indicates how much time elapsed since the previous output. The second field indicates how many characters were output this time. This information can be used to replay typescripts with realistic typing and output delays. -V, --version Display version information and exit. -h, --help Display help text and exit. NOTES
The script ends when the forked shell exits (a control-D for the Bourne shell (sh(1)), and exit, logout or control-d (if ignoreeof is not set) for the C-shell, csh(1)). Certain interactive commands, such as vi(1), create garbage in the typescript file. script works best with commands that do not manipulate the screen, the results are meant to emulate a hardcopy terminal. It is not recommended to run script in non-interactive shells. The inner shell of script is always interactive, and this could lead to unexpected results. If you use script in the shell initialization file, you have to avoid entering an infinite loop. You can use for example the .profile file, which is read by login shells only: if test -t 0 ; then script exit fi You should also avoid use of script in command pipes, as script can read more input than you would expect. ENVIRONMENT
The following environment variable is utilized by script: SHELL If the variable SHELL exists, the shell forked by script will be that shell. If SHELL is not set, the Bourne shell is assumed. (Most shells set this variable automatically). SEE ALSO
csh(1) (for the history mechanism), scriptreplay(1) HISTORY
The script command appeared in 3.0BSD. BUGS
script places everything in the log file, including linefeeds and backspaces. This is not what the naive user expects. script is primarily designed for interactive terminal sessions. When stdin is not a terminal (for example: echo foo | script), then the session can hang, because the interactive shell within the script session misses EOF and script has no clue when to close the session. See the NOTES section for more information. AVAILABILITY
The script command is part of the util-linux package and is available from Linux Kernel Archive <https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils /util-linux/>. util-linux June 2014 SCRIPT(1)