Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: nohup and & versus functions
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications nohup and & versus functions Post 302513804 by venugopalsmartb on Thursday 14th of April 2011 05:49:34 AM
Old 04-14-2011
would you please explain me a little more about what you said...Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Alias's & Functions - simple question

Having a memory lapse: If I redefine a command using an alias or a function - How do I access the "real" command without specifying an absoulte path: i.e. function man { /usr/bin/man |more } alias ls='/usr/bin/ls -l' How do I specify the ls or man command above without the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kornshellmaven
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

vi search & replace functions

I'm trying to do a global search and replace in vi. I am trying to replace a string, call it "BOB" with a carriage return and can't seem to find a reference to it. Command syntax s%/BOB/???/g What would I substitute the "???" with? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: barnettdk
7 Replies

3. Solaris

encryption & decryption functions in sun solaries

hi, is there any library functions available in sun solaries for encryption and decryption functions. regards suresh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suresh_rtp
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute Script using nohup and &

Hi all, I have one script test.sh for which I pass two arguments. In the same script I need to submit this script in background using nohup. My script like this and it is working in HP-UX os but not Solaris. #! /bin/sh if then MTR_PID=$$ export MTR_PID echo "test.sh $1 $2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sridhar_423
3 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

C++ struct pointers & functions

Hi All, My latest assignment (practice not coursework!) is to write prototype interactive exam/test console application. I've used structs to store the question information (not sure if this was the best way to do it?) and I have the following code that outputs each question and it's possible... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pondlife
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

nohup & mpiexec problems

Hi everyone - I'm trying to start a run of LAMMPS (which takes an input file) with mpiexec on multiple processors. I want to combine this with nohup so that I can log off the node. I've used the syntax below successfully on one cluster, but it doesn't work on the new one I'm using. Any... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: erin85
0 Replies

7. Programming

Background (nohup * &) SSH command block possible?

Hello, I am trying to find a way to send several sequential commands via SSH to a remote box in a single command. Thoughts so far: 1) Can I put them into a function and call the function within the ssh command? e.g. ssh <targetserver> $(functionx) No - then it calls the function in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: doonan_79
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to get a timestamp when running nohup & from a shell?

Hi, I am running nohup cp & in a shell script. How do I get a timestamp so I can get a timing of how long the copy took? Roughly, the script does something like below: date nohup cp -rp /files/source /files/target & date I am mainly wanting to know how long it took for the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
9 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between & and nohup &

Hi All, Can anyone please help me understanding what the difference between the below two? 1. script.sh & 2. nohup script.sh & (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anupam_Halder
2 Replies

10. Red Hat

Nohup with ampersand & process gets disconnected

For years I have spawned shell scripts with nohup and ampersand and they run whether or not I stay logged in. Recently a client told us that we had to set a keep alive timeout on all of our Redhat 7.6 Linux servers. Our sysadmin set the following parameters in the sshd_config file on all of our... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: gandolf989
10 Replies
Jifty::Plugin::SQLQueries(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			    Jifty::Plugin::SQLQueries(3pm)

NAME
Jifty::Plugin::SQLQueries - Inspect your application's SQL queries DESCRIPTION
This plugin will log each SQL query, its duration, its bind parameters, and its stack trace. Such reports are available at: http://your.app/__jifty/admin/requests USAGE
Add the following to your site_config.yml framework: Plugins: - SQLQueries: {} You can turn on and off the stacktrace, as well as an "EXPLAIN" of each query, using options to the plugin: framework: Plugins: - SQLQueries: stacktrace: 0 explain: 1 The plugin defaults to logging the stack trace, but not the explain. METHODS
init Sets up a "post_init" hook. inspect_before_request Clears the query log so we don't log any unrelated previous queries. inspect_after_request Stash the query log. inspect_render_summary Display how many queries and their total time. inspect_render_analysis Render a template with all the detailed information. post_init Tells Jifty::DBI to log queries in a way that records stack traces. prereq_plugins This plugin depends on Jifty::Plugin::RequestInspector. COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2007-2010 Best Practical Solutions This is free software and may be modified and distributed under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2010-12-10 Jifty::Plugin::SQLQueries(3pm)