Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Unable to export delimiter as variable to SQL Post 302513734 by hergp on Thursday 14th of April 2011 02:46:50 AM
Old 04-14-2011
Does it work, when you use:

Code:
export delm='\t'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Export command giving Variable Name vs the Value set for the Variable

I'm having an issue when I export within my program. I'm getting the variable name, not the variable value. I have a configuration file (config.txt) that has the values of the variables set as so: set -a export ARCHIVEPOSourceDir="/interfaces/po/log /interfaces/po/data" export... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ParNone
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Export Variable

How to export variable from one script to other? Can anybody give me syntax for that? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: navi
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Export SQL results to .TXT file for emailing

Hi everyone, I am new to unix and bash and in need of some help. I am writing a script that will execute a SQL query. The script runs and the SQl query runs, but I cannot figure out how to save the results as a file that can be emailed to a user. Here is my scripts thus far: #!/bin/sh SID=$1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alpinescott
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to export Directory paths through Script

Following is the output of .profile file - $ cat /home/estdm2/.profile #!/bin/ksh set -o vi alias l="ls -ltr" umask 002 Following is the path setting script. $ cat DM_ENV_VARS_NEW.ksh #!/bin/ksh . /home/estdm2/.profile sEnv=$1 echo "We are in ${sEnv} environment" echo "STEP010... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumeet
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Export variable

Hi I have a pass a variable from one script to another. Here are my scripts Script #1 ./profile #!/bin/sh export NAME="Hello" Script #2 ./test #!/bin/sh ./profile echo $NAME when I run ./test .. i am not getting anything .. why is that? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arex876
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

where does variable export to?

Hi, Unix Gurus, I have a problem need help. I have a script to generate environment variable code same as following: oracle_sid=abcd export oracle_sid when I execute this code with command ./script_nane it succeeded. when I try to find it with env command or echo $oracle_sid, it does not show... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken002
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can't export variable

I am relatively new to exporting variables, and I just can't seem to make this count work. What I have is the following: TOTAL=$($IMAGELIST -backupid $IM -U |gawk '{print $5}' |tail -1)|gawk '{print $6}' RESTORED=$($BPDBJOBS -most_columns -jobid $JOBS |cut -f15 -d,) |gawk '{print $6}' export... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie2010
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to put delimiter for a no delimiter variable length text file

Hi, I have a No Delimiter variable length text file with following schema - Column Name Data length Firstname 5 Lastname 5 age 3 phoneno1 10 phoneno2 10 phoneno3 10 sample data - ... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gaurav Martha
16 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need help export variable

Hi, Please find my code below. ps -xef | grep 14766 | awk 'BEGIN{X="java_home=";X="weblogic_home="} {for(i=1;i<=NF;i++){if($i ~ /-Dplatform\.home|java$/){split($i,P,"=");s=P?P:$i;print X""s}}}' echo "java_home="$java_home echo "weblogic_home="$weblogic_home Output: Why does... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Storing multiple sql queries output into variable by running sql command only once

Hi All, I want to run multiple sql queries and store the data in variable but i want to use sql command only once. Is there a way without running sql command twice and storing.Please advise. Eg : Select 'Query 1 output' from dual; Select 'Query 2 output' from dual; I want to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rokkesh
3 Replies
Alzabo::Debug(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					Alzabo::Debug(3pm)

NAME
Alzabo::Debug - Creates constants used to turn on debugging SYNOPSIS
export ALZABO_DEBUG='SQL|TRACE' ... load and run code using Alzabo ... export ALZABO_DEBUG=METHODMAKER ... load and run code using Alzabo ... DESCRIPTION
This module creates constants used by other modules in order to determine what debugging output should be generated. The interface is currently experimental. USAGE
Currently, the only way to turn on debugging is by setting the "ALZABO_DEBUG" environment variable. This variable can contain various flags, each separated by a pipe char (|). Each flag turns on different types of debugging output. These flags must be set before Alzabo is loaded, as debugging is turned on or off through the use of constants. The current flags are: * SQL Generated SQL and its associated bound variables. * TRACE A stack trace will be generated any time SQL is generated. * METHODMAKER The "Alzabo::MethodMaker" module will generate verbose output describing the methods it is creating. * REVERSE_ENGINEER The modules involved in reverse-engineering will generate output describing what it finds during reverse-engineering. * ALL Turn on all flags. For now, all debugging output is sent to "STDERR". perl v5.8.8 2007-12-23 Alzabo::Debug(3pm)