Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: filtering print output
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting filtering print output Post 302513730 by linuxgeek on Thursday 14th of April 2011 02:36:45 AM
Old 04-14-2011
filtering print output

I have these data below and i want my output to print only the 3rd files. For example, in /opt/home/nyfix/.k5login, i want to print only "nyfix".

/opt/home/nyfix/.k5login
/opt/home/security/.k5login
/opt/home/noc/.k5login

what is the appropriate command in shell scripting ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

filtering a range of ports out of a netstat output

i'd like to grep a range of ports on a netstat -nt output, localaddress, say :1 to :1023. how do i do it via sed/awk/grep? Thanks, Marc (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: marcpascual
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

filtering and sending sar output via email

We have a program which create sar output files which has a weeks data... To read file we use sar -f sa15 command which has multiple days data( a weeks data)....we need to only get last 48 hours data and email it to different users.... I guess we can use combination of sar -o or even awk.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: noorm
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

du to print some of output

The output of du -b file* | awk '{print $1}' is: 1501090 1500538 I want the result to be a sum of this column. ie the o/p should be 3001628 Any idea? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xs2punit
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print first output

Hello, II did a grep and got a lot of values i.e aa bb cc dd ee and i want to print first only aa and afterward only bb etc... help! (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: LiorAmitai
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk script to run a sql and print the output to an output file

Hi All, I have around 900 Select Sql's which I would like to run in an awk script and print the output of those sql's in an txt file. Can you anyone pls let me know how do I do it and execute the awk script? Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: adept
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

filtering and formatting the output

Hi Team, I have input file like below. UNDEF : SECURITY : {USER_PERMISSION : PROCR_ALL_ACCESS, GROUP_PERMISSION : PROCR_CREATE_SUB_KEY, OTHER_PERMISSION : PROCR_READ, USER_NAME : oracle, GROUP_NAME : dba} UNDEF : SECURITY : {USER_PERMISSION : PROCR_ALL_ACCESS, GROUP_PERMISSION :... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamauv234
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

filtering out certain output

hi guys, i have a long output and cant figure out a flexible way to show the meta members from a device. please help. some device have 2,4 or 8 meta members but for this example i have 4 meta members, what is a flexible way to pull them out from this output? need your inputs thanks. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prodigy06
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Filtering output from given input

Hi All, I have a input file as below. Input file may contain more hostlists. sample Input file $ cat hostlist.lst cs18-db1-1-sjl cs22-db1-1-was na88-db1-1-chi na21-db1-2-was I want the output like below format. Pls help. Thanks ! Output format: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamauv234
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Complex Output Filtering

Hi, I have this command on my linux jmap -heap $pid | grep '%\|:' the output of which is like below: I need a smart way to check if any of these memory usage crosses 95%, 90% and 85% i need to triggerAlert accordingly. I know how to trigger email alerts however I need a good way to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Filtering netstat command output

Hi All, I am trying to collect the listen ports info from netstat command in centos 7 From that info i am trying to collect all the foreign address IP for those ports. I am using below script to do the same. netstat -an |grep -w "LISTEN" |grep -v "127.0.0.1" |awk '{print $4}' >... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sravani25
3 Replies
krb5_auth_rules(5)					Standards, Environments, and Macros					krb5_auth_rules(5)

NAME
krb5_auth_rules - Overview of Kerberos V5 authorization DESCRIPTION
When a user uses kerberized versions of the ftp, rdist, rcp, rlogin, rsh, or telnet clients to connect to a server, even if the user's claimed Kerberos V5 identity is authenticated, the user is not necessarily authorized. Authentication merely proves that the user is "who he says he is" to the Kerberos V5 authentication system. Authorization also needs to be done, since it determines if that Kerberos identity is permitted to access the Solaris user account that the client wants to access. Each user may have a private authorization list in a file ~/.k5login in his login directory (on the server). Each line in this file should contain a Kerberos principal name of the form principal/instance@realm. If the server finds a ~/.k5login file, then access is granted to the account if and only if the originating user is authenticated to one of the principals named in the ~/.k5login file. If there is no ~/.k5login file, the originating user will then be checked against the gsscred table (see gsscred(1M)). If the originating user's Kerberos V5 identity is in the gsscred table, and if the UNIX user id in the gsscred table corresponds to the user account the client is trying access, then the originating user is granted access to the account on the server. If the UNIX user id does not match, then the originating user is denied access. For example, suppose the originating user has a principal name of jdb@ENG.ACME.COM and the target account is jdb-user. If jdb@ENG.ACME.COM appears in the gsscred table with uid 23154 and if jdb-user appears in the user account database (see passwd(4)) with uid 23154, then access to account jdb-user is granted. Of course, normally, the target account name in this example would be jdb and not jdb-user. Finally, if there is no ~/.k5login file and if the originating user's Kerberos V5 identity is not in the gsscred table, then the user will be granted access to the account if and only if all of the following are true: o The user part of the authenticated principal name is the same as the target account name specified by the client. o The realm part of the client and server are the same. o The target account name exists on the server. For example, if the originating user has a principal name of jdb@ENG.ACME.COM and if the server is in realm SALES.ACME.COM, then even if jdb is a valid account name on the server, the client would be denied access. This is because the realms SALES.ACME.COM and ENG.ACME.COM differ. FILES
~/.k5login Per user-account authorization file. /etc/passwd System account file. This information may also be in a directory service. See passwd(4). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for a description of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ftp(1), rcp(1), rdist(1), rlogin(1), rsh(1), telnet(1), gsscred(1M), passwd(4), attributes(5), gss_auth_rules(5) NOTES
To avoid security problems, the ~/.k5login file must be owned by the remote user. SunOS 5.10 13 Apr 2004 krb5_auth_rules(5)