Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Aging file not use and touch
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Aging file not use and touch Post 302513725 by sheikh76 on Thursday 14th of April 2011 02:20:15 AM
Old 04-14-2011
Thanks KenJackson,

I'm not understand, so sorry. Can you explain me how to run this script? and guide me to this in detail?

Thanks again.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

OpenSSH and password aging

Vesion 3.8.1 of OpenSSH has been compiled on a Solaris 8 host. I am having difficulties in enabling password aging to work from reading /etc/default/passwd and /etc/shadow. # passwd -f < user-id > works satisfactorily however once a password ages through due course from the settings in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raylen
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

password aging help

If the command passwd -f is used, Users get the below error. I need to force users to change there passwords at initial login. Anyone know what is going on? This is on a Non-Stop UX system UX:in.login: ERROR: Your password has been expired for too long UX:in.login: TO FIX: Consult your system... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: breigner
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

password aging

hi experts this is regarding password aging i tried searching forum but i cudnt locate given a login id, i would like to determine whether password ageing has been enabled for that and for the login id whether password has been expired on a particular point of time Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: teletype_error
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Touch all files and subdirectories (recursive touch)

I have a folder with many subdirectories and i need to set the modified date to today for everything in it. Please help, thanks! I tried something i found online, find . -print0 | xargs -r0 touch but I got the error: xargs: illegal option -- r (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: glev2005
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Touch New File with First Line

I am interested in creating a new file from a KSH script where the first line is printed. I know how to create the file, but creating with a pre-defined first line is what I need help with. My code below creates the file, but how do I accomplish that and do it so that when I open that txt file... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: royarellano
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SCP and then touch .done file

All, I am looking to make a script and wanted to see if anyone could help out. The script will go through the directory, put a timestamp, transfer it and then create a touch $file.done script HEre is my initial idea, but I don't think it will work properly. Anyone able to help me refine it... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: markdjones82
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[HELP] Scripts moving aging file by FTP

Hi Experts, Kindly share scripts to find aging file and ftp to another server.. Example: Find files more than 5 days and ftp to another server. Please give suggestion :) Thanks Edy (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: edydsuranta
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Need HELP] Find aging file and auto FTP

Dear Experts, I have script to find aging file like this: find /ArchiveINTF/INTF name "*" -type f -mtime +365 {} \; >> agingfile.txt This script will find all files over 365 days. But, I have problem, how to auto FTP all files? Thanks Edy (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: edydsuranta
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Protect a file against touch

Afternoon, the stat command is used against a file to ascertain date created and last modification time. However a different individual if they so chose could use the touch command to alter the date created or modification time. Is there anyway to protect against this ? thanks Steve (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sevans29
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using touch to create a file

I have noticed that the following command works touch subtext_geopdf_to_.x However this one does not touch subtext_/geopdf/_to_/.x How can I create such a file without making it think I supplied a path? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
2 Replies
XTERMCONTROL(1) 						   User Commands						   XTERMCONTROL(1)

NAME
xtermcontrol - dynamic control of XFree86 xterm properties. SYNOPSIS
xtermcontrol [OPTIONS]... DESCRIPTION
xtermcontrol makes it easy to change colors, title, font and geometry of a running XFree86 xterm(1), as well as to report the current set- tings of the aforementioned properties. Window manipulations de-/iconify, raise/lower, maximize/restore and reset are also supported. To complete the feature set; xtermcontrol lets advanced users issue any xterm control sequence of their choosing. OPTIONS
--fg=COLOR Set foreground color (see also COLOR NAMES). --bg=COLOR Set background color. --colorN=COLOR Set N'th [0-15] color. --highlight=COLOR Set highlight color. --cursor=COLOR Set cursor color. --mouse-fg=COLOR Set mouse pointer foreground color. --mouse-bg=COLOR Set mouse pointer background color. --font=FONT Set font name (see also FONT NAMES). Alternatively it is possible to specify a fontmenu index as '#[0-6]' or navigate the fontmenu by relative sizes as '#+N' or '#-N', where N is an optional integer. --title=STRING Set window title. Note that mechanisms like the bash(1) PROMPT_COMMAND may overwrite the title. --geometry=WIDTHxHEIGHT+XOFF+YOFF Set size and/or position. Through its control sequences the xterm only recognize positive XOFF and YOFF offsets, which are pixels relative to the upper left hand corner of the display. xtermcontrol is therefore unable to handle negative offsets as described in the X(7x) GEOMETRY SPECIFICATIONS and therefore truncates negative values to zero. --get-fg Report foreground color. --get-bg Report background color. --get-colorN Report N'th [0-15] color. --get-highlight Report highlight color. --get-cursor Report cursor color. --get-mouse-fg Report mouse pointer foreground color. --get-mouse-bg Report mouse pointer background color. --get-font Report font. --get-title Report window title. --get-geometry Report size and position. The size of the text area is reported in characters and the position is reported in pixels relative to the upper left hand corner of the display. --maximize Maximize window. --restore Restore maximized window. --iconify Iconify window. --de-iconify De-iconify window. --raise Raise window. --lower Lower window. --reset Full reset. --raw=CTLSEQS Issue raw control sequence (see also XTERM CONTROL SEQUENCES). --file=FILE Force xtermcontrol to read configurations (see also CONFIGURATION) from FILE instead of the standard personal initialization file ~/.xtermcontrol. --force, -f Skip TERM environment variable check. --verbose, -v Print verbose reports. --help, -h Print help message and exit. --version Print the version number and exit. CONFIGURATION
xtermcontrol reads a default, ~/.xtermcontrol, or a user specified configuration file on startup. Each line in the file is either a com- ment or contains an attribute. Attributes consist of a keyword and an associated value: keyword = value # comment The valid keyword/value combinations are: foreground="COLOR" background="COLOR" highlight="COLOR" cursor="COLOR" mouse-foreground="COLOR" mouse-background="COLOR" geometry="WIDTHxHEIGHT+XOFF+YOFF" font="FONT" color0="COLOR" color1="COLOR" color2="COLOR" color3="COLOR" color4="COLOR" color5="COLOR" color6="COLOR" color7="COLOR" color8="COLOR" color9="COLOR" color10="COLOR" color11="COLOR" color12="COLOR" color13="COLOR" color14="COLOR" color15="COLOR" Whitespace is ignored in attributes unless within a quoted value. The character '#' is taken to begin a comment. Each '#' and all remaining characters on that line is ignored. FONT NAMES
xtermcontrol accepts any X(7x) FONT NAMES. Font names like '-adobe-courier-medium-r-normal--10-100-75-75-m-60-iso8859-1' are very cumber- some to write, so it is convenient to make use of aliases, e.g. 'fixed' or '8x13', if present in fonts.alias files of the font directo- ries. COLOR NAMES
xtermcontrol accepts any X(7x) COLOR NAMES. Basically this means that colors are specified by name or rgb value, e.g. 'blue', 'rgb:0000/0000/FFFF' or '#00F'. Colors are typically reported by the xterm in a device-dependent numerical form, e.g. 'rgb:0000/0000/FFFF'. Note that old syntax rgb values should always be quoted to avoid '#' being interpreted as the beginning of a comment by the shell (see also FILES). XTERM CONTROL SEQUENCES
The secret behind xtermcontrol is xterm control sequences. All the possible (there are a plethora of them) control sequences are documented in ctlseqs.txt, found in the xterm(1) distribution (see also FILES). TROUBLESHOOTING
If read/write permissions on the tty's are changed so that special group membership is required to be able to write to the pseudo terminal, the easiest workaround is to install xtermcontrol setuid root. Xterm(1) has three resources, allowWindowOps, allowTitleOps, and allowFontOps, that enables or disables special operations which xtermcon- trol relies on. If any of these resources are set (or defaults) to 'false' xtermcontrol may hang. The resources corresponds to xtermcon- trol options as: allowWindowOps: --raise --lower --restore --maximize --iconify --de-iconify --get-title --geometry --get-geometry allowTitleOps: --title allowFontOps: --font --get-font All three resources can usually be enabled for the current xterm session via a menu; ctrl+rightclick and look for menu item names like 'Allow Window Ops'. To set these resource values persistently you can add the following to either your local ~/.Xdefaults file, or to a system-wide resource file like /etc/X11/app-defaults/XTerm: *VT100.allowWindowOps: true *VT100.allowTitleOps: true *VT100.allowFontOps: true FILES
<XRoot>/X11/rgb.txt Default rgb color name file location. ctlseqs.txt Xterm control sequences documentation. Distributed with xterm from http://dickey.his.com/xterm/ SEE ALSO
xterm(1), X(7x) COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002-2009 Jess Thrysoee <jess@thrysoee.dk> xtermcontrol 2.10 October 17, 2009 XTERMCONTROL(1)