Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Pull Intermediate Strings
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Pull Intermediate Strings Post 302513719 by michaelrozar17 on Thursday 14th of April 2011 01:56:22 AM
Old 04-14-2011
Through sed..
Code:
grep 'number wasnt' logfile.txt |head -2| sed "s/^.*(\([^)]*\)).*(....\(.*\)).*'\(.*\)'.*/\1 \2 \3/"

Last edited by michaelrozar17; 04-14-2011 at 03:19 AM.. Reason: removed reading lines 1,2 in sed command as we have head -2 already
These 2 Users Gave Thanks to michaelrozar17 For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Can we use write() to modify/update intermediate records in a file

Hi, I have a database (a simple .dat file) which has multiple records (structure datatype) in it. I would like to know if we can use write() system call to update/modify intermediate records in this file (using C). If so, could somegive give a code snippet of the same. :-) Thanks in advance... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: maverix
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed in removing intermediate segments from a pipe delimited segment file

Hi, I just stuckup in doing some regular expressions on a file. I have data which has multiple FHS and BTS segments like: FHS|12121|LOCAL|2323 MSH|10101|POTAMAS|2323 PID|121221|THOMAS|DAVID|23432 OBX|2342|H1211|3232 BTS|0000|MERSTO|LIABLE FHS|12121|LOCAL|2323 MSH|10101|POTAMAS|2323... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: naren_0101bits
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Avoid intermediate files when pipe does nt work

problem with piping one output to another.Would like to avoid the intermediate file creation.The piping does nt work on places where files have been created and goes in an endless loop. sed -e "s/^\.\///g" $LINE1| sed -e "s/_\(\)/kkk\1/g" > $file1 tr -s '_' ' ' < $file1| \ sort -n -k... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: w020637
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

insert a header in a huge data file without using an intermediate file

I have a file with data extracted, and need to insert a header with a constant string, say: H|PayerDataExtract if i use sed, i have to redirect the output to a seperate file like sed ' sed commands' ExtractDataFile.dat > ExtractDataFileWithHeader.dat the same is true for awk and... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepaktanna
10 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

connecting through master ssh connection on intermediate host

Suppose host B does not allow public/private key authentication - only secureID authentication. I already have a master ssh connection from host A to host B. Host A does allow public/private key authentication. Is there any way to connect from host C to host B by way of the master ssh connection... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpp6f
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

initializing loop to delete intermediate output files

Hi, I am running a script which produces a number of intermediate output files for each time step. is there a way to remove these intermediate files and just retain the final output at every end of the loop, like sort of an initialization process? this the inefficient way i do it. for i in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ida1215
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

piping from grep to awk without intermediate files

I am trying to extract the file names alone, for example "TVLI_STATS_NRT_XLSTWS03_20120215_132629.csv", from below output which was given by the grep. sam:/data/log: grep "C10_Subscribe.000|subscribe|newfile|" PDEWG511_TVLI_JOB_STATS.ksh.201202* Output: ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: siteregsam
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Online UNIX intermediate level documentation

Hi, Can maybe some of the UNIX-guys recommend an online UNIX intermediate level documentation with examples (not too dry :-). More the post-beginner level, for someone who has to play around with files and directories, with chmod, grep, sed, a little awk maybe... bw, Omar KN (once tasted... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: OmarKN
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Printing the intermediate integer values

Dear Help, I have an input file which looks like - 121 300 122 345 124 567 127 234 $1 has 125 and 126 missing. How can I output those missing values? Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Indra2011
6 Replies
Graph(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						Graph(3pm)

NAME
SVG::Graph - Visualize your data in Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) format. SYNOPSIS
use SVG::Graph; use SVG::Graph::Data; use SVG::Graph::Data::Datum; #create a new SVG document to plot in... my $graph = SVG::Graph->new(width=>600,height=>600,margin=>30); #and create a frame to hold the data/glyphs my $frame = $graph->add_frame; #let's plot y = x^2 my @data = map {SVG::Graph::Data::Datum->new(x=>$_,y=>$_^2)} (1,2,3,4,5); my $data = SVG::Graph::Data->new(data => @data); #put the xy data into the frame $frame->add_data($data); #add some glyphs to apply to the data in the frame $frame->add_glyph('axis', #add an axis glyph 'x_absolute_ticks' => 1, #with ticks every one #unit on the x axis 'y_absolute_ticks' => 1, #and ticks every one #unit on the y axis 'stroke' => 'black', #draw the axis black 'stroke-width' => 2, #and 2px thick ); $frame->add_glyph('scatter', #add a scatterplot glyph 'stroke' => 'red', #the dots will be outlined #in red, 'fill' => 'red', #filled red, 'fill-opacity' => 0.5, #and 50% opaque ); #print the graphic print $graph->draw; DESCRIPTION
SVG::Graph is a suite of perl modules for plotting data. SVG::Graph currently supports plots of one-, two- and three-dimensional data, as well as N-ary rooted trees. Data may be represented as: Glyph Name Dimensionality supported 1d 2d 3d tree -------------------------------------------------------- Axis x Bar Graph x Bubble Plot x Heatmap Graph x Line Graph x Pie Graph x Scatter Plot x Spline Graph x Tree x SVG::Graph 0.02 is a pre-alpha release. Keep in mind that many of the glyphs are not very robust. PLOTTING
You need to create a SVG::Graph::Frame instance from the parent SVG::Graph instance for each set of data to be plotted. Datasets can be hierarchical, and to represent this, SVG::Graph::Frame instances can themselves contain subframes. SVG::Graph::Frame can contain: - multiple subframes as instances of SVG::Graph::Frame - a single SVG::Graph::Data instance - multiple SVG::Graph::Glyph instances with which to render the attached SVG::Graph::Data instance, and all SVG::Graph::Data instances attached to SVG::Graph::Frame subinstances See SVG::Graph::Frame and SVG::Graph::Glyph for details. ONE DATA SET 1. create an SVG::Graph instance 2. create an SVG::Graph::Frame instance by calling SVG::Graph::add_frame(); 3. create an SVG::Graph::Data instance, containing an SVG::Graph::Data::Datum instance for each data point. 4. Attach the SVG::Graph::Data instance to your SVG::Graph::Frame using SVG::Graph::Frame::add_data(); 5. Attach glyphs to the SVG::Graph::Frame instance using SVG::Graph::Frame::add_glyph(); 6. Call SVG::Graph::draw(); MULTIPLE DATA SETS 1. create an SVG::Graph instance 2. create an SVG::Graph::Frame instance by calling SVG::Graph::add_frame(); 3. create an SVG::Graph::Data instance, containing an SVG::Graph::Data::Datum instance for each data point. 4. Attach the SVG::Graph::Data instance to your SVG::Graph::Frame using SVG::Graph::Frame::add_data(); 5. Attach glyphs to the SVG::Graph::Frame instance using SVG::Graph::Frame::add_glyph(); 6. repeat [2-5] for each additional data set to be added. add_frame() can be called on SVG::Graph to add top-level data sets, or SVG::Graph::Frame to add hierarchical data sets. 7. Call SVG::Graph::draw(); FEEDBACK
Send an email to the svg-graph-developers list. For more info, visit the project page at http://www.sf.net/projects/svg-graph AUTHORS
Allen Day, <allenday@ucla.edu> Chris To, <crsto@ucla.edu> CONTRIBUTORS
James Chen, <chenj@seas.ucla.edu> Brian O'Connor, <boconnor@ucla.edu> SEE ALSO
SVG METHODS
new Title : new Usage : my $graph = SVG::Graph->new(width=>600, height=>600, margin=>20); Function: creates a new SVG::Graph object Returns : a SVG::Graph object Args : width => the width of the SVG height => the height of the SVG margin => margin for the root frame init Title : init Usage : Function: Example : Returns : Args : width Title : width Usage : $obj->width($newval) Function: Example : Returns : value of width (a scalar) Args : on set, new value (a scalar or undef, optional) height Title : height Usage : $obj->height($newval) Function: Example : Returns : value of height (a scalar) Args : on set, new value (a scalar or undef, optional) margin Title : margin Usage : $obj->margin($newval) Function: Example : Returns : value of margin (a scalar) Args : on set, new value (a scalar or undef, optional) svg Title : svg Usage : $obj->svg($newval) Function: Example : Returns : value of svg (a scalar) Args : on set, new value (a scalar or undef, optional) add_frame Title : add_frame Usage : my $frame = $graph->add_frame Function: adds a Frame to the current Graph Returns : a SVG::Graph::Frame object Args : a hash. usable keys: frame_transform (optional) 'top' default orientation 'bottom' rotates graph 180 deg (about the center) 'right' points top position towards right 'left' points top position towards left frames Title : frames Usage : get/set Function: Example : Returns : Args : xoffset Title : xoffset Usage : $obj->xoffset($newval) Function: Example : Returns : value of xoffset (a scalar) Args : on set, new value (a scalar or undef, optional) yoffset Title : yoffset Usage : $obj->yoffset($newval) Function: Example : Returns : value of yoffset (a scalar) Args : on set, new value (a scalar or undef, optional) draw Title : draw Usage : $graph=>draw Function: depends on child glyph implementations Returns : xmlifyied SVG object Args : none perl v5.10.0 2009-01-07 Graph(3pm)