Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Aging file not use and touch
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Aging file not use and touch Post 302513677 by sheikh76 on Wednesday 13th of April 2011 08:56:24 PM
Old 04-13-2011
Thanks Jim Mcnamara.

My question is just only need expert in this forum verify and comment my scripts. Maybe have better scripts other than this.

From your post:
Code:
find /mnt/emage -type f \( -mtime -1825  -a -mtime +1675 \) -exec ls -la {} \;

This scripts maybe I can put in as 5 years aging. I have question for +1675, how do you calculate and get this figure?. What I understand -1825 is equal to 5 years.

How about 30 days, 90days, 180days, 3years, 1years and 5 years already have it.

Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

OpenSSH and password aging

Vesion 3.8.1 of OpenSSH has been compiled on a Solaris 8 host. I am having difficulties in enabling password aging to work from reading /etc/default/passwd and /etc/shadow. # passwd -f < user-id > works satisfactorily however once a password ages through due course from the settings in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raylen
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

password aging help

If the command passwd -f is used, Users get the below error. I need to force users to change there passwords at initial login. Anyone know what is going on? This is on a Non-Stop UX system UX:in.login: ERROR: Your password has been expired for too long UX:in.login: TO FIX: Consult your system... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: breigner
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

password aging

hi experts this is regarding password aging i tried searching forum but i cudnt locate given a login id, i would like to determine whether password ageing has been enabled for that and for the login id whether password has been expired on a particular point of time Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: teletype_error
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Touch all files and subdirectories (recursive touch)

I have a folder with many subdirectories and i need to set the modified date to today for everything in it. Please help, thanks! I tried something i found online, find . -print0 | xargs -r0 touch but I got the error: xargs: illegal option -- r (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: glev2005
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Touch New File with First Line

I am interested in creating a new file from a KSH script where the first line is printed. I know how to create the file, but creating with a pre-defined first line is what I need help with. My code below creates the file, but how do I accomplish that and do it so that when I open that txt file... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: royarellano
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SCP and then touch .done file

All, I am looking to make a script and wanted to see if anyone could help out. The script will go through the directory, put a timestamp, transfer it and then create a touch $file.done script HEre is my initial idea, but I don't think it will work properly. Anyone able to help me refine it... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: markdjones82
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[HELP] Scripts moving aging file by FTP

Hi Experts, Kindly share scripts to find aging file and ftp to another server.. Example: Find files more than 5 days and ftp to another server. Please give suggestion :) Thanks Edy (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: edydsuranta
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Need HELP] Find aging file and auto FTP

Dear Experts, I have script to find aging file like this: find /ArchiveINTF/INTF name "*" -type f -mtime +365 {} \; >> agingfile.txt This script will find all files over 365 days. But, I have problem, how to auto FTP all files? Thanks Edy (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: edydsuranta
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Protect a file against touch

Afternoon, the stat command is used against a file to ascertain date created and last modification time. However a different individual if they so chose could use the touch command to alter the date created or modification time. Is there anyway to protect against this ? thanks Steve (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sevans29
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using touch to create a file

I have noticed that the following command works touch subtext_geopdf_to_.x However this one does not touch subtext_/geopdf/_to_/.x How can I create such a file without making it think I supplied a path? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
2 Replies
DH-EXEC-SUBST(1)						      dh-exec							  DH-EXEC-SUBST(1)

NAME
dh-exec-subst - Debhelper executable file substition scripts SYNOPSIS
#! /usr/bin/dh-exec src/libfoo-*.so.* debian/foo-plugins/usr/lib/foo/${DEB_HOST_MULTIARCH}/ DESCRIPTION
Being a sub-command of dh-exec(1), this program must not be ran directly, but through dh-exec, which automatically runs all available sub-commands if run bare; or explicitly with dh-exec --with=subst. It is a wrapper around the various other substitution helpers, and will pipe the input file through all the available substitution helpers. It is up to these scripts to do the actual work. When a helper fails to expand a variable within its input, it will leave it as-is, so that later in the pipeline it can perhaps be expanded by another program. SCRIPTS
dh-exec-subst-env Substitutes any of the available, exported environment variables into its input. It does not do any kind of filtering: whatever is available in the environment, will be available for substitution, however unsafe that may be. dh-exec-subst-multiarch Attempts to expand any of the variables known to dpkg-architecture(1), mostly useful for multi-arch support. The command will query dpkg-architecture(1) directly, and does not rely on environment variables set (as the called program will prefer already set environment variables anyway). ENVIRONMENT
DH_EXEC_SCRIPTDIR Indicates which directory the command-specific scripts should be sought for. If not specified, scripts will be searched for in /usr/share/dh-exec/. FILES
$DH_EXEC_SCRIPTDIR/dh-exec-subst-* The various scripts for the higher-level program. SEE ALSO
debhelper(1), dh-exec(1) AUTHOR
dh-exec-subst is copyright (C) 2011-2012 by Gergely Nagy <algernon@madhouse-project.org>. 2012-05-03 DH-EXEC-SUBST(1)