Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting using switch on multiple arguments Post 302513663 by kristinu on Wednesday 13th of April 2011 08:23:24 PM
Old 04-13-2011
Are the quotes important, or can I go without

Code:
case -fb|--fbase:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

can't TEST multiple arguments for a file

Hi, I'm new to scripting and teaching myself how to code. Using Korn, I coded this one return "True" if a file is executable and it's not empty. However, each time I pass a file that is 777 which contains data, the script returns "false". if then echo "true" else echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cruiser
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grepping multiple terms with different arguments

Grep -e 'term1' -A1 -e 'term2' -A3The above code always searches for either term and prints results + next three lines. I'm trying to print out: foo foo foo term1 bar bar bar line right after the above -- la la la la term2 so so so line right after the above and again and again I've... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dkozel
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do we pass multiple arguments into awk

How do we pass multiple arguments into awk : name=john age=12 now i have to pass both age and name into awk.. how to do it? like : awk -v var=... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhinav192
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

using multiple arguments in my script

hi all i am creating a script to ping hosts and then do a nslookup. So what needs to happen is that i type the script name with an argument eg: zong (script name) 172.x.x.x (IP) at the moment i have got it to take on argument, but idealy i would like it to take more than 1 argument. can you... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: brian112
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Two arguments for optional switch

How to declare the two argument for optional switch ? I have a script that search for a string in current or old zipped log file. Im using a option something like this ${basename} Since $1 can have only one argument should be passed when user select swicth -c and -o need to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: baraghun
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple arguments to read

I am developing a script where 3 other scripts are included. This is a graph related script. COMPLETE IDEA: -There are 3 different graph scripts. I would like to create a master graph with all 3 in one. -User chooses the type of graph -User is asked to enter the required auguments (... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: newkid.7955
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple runtime arguments

I am passing 3 runtime arguments to a shell script $path crtl1 crtl2 the crtl files contains data(filename|date|count) filename.txt|02/05/2010|10 The path contains the original data file,the code should fetch (filename|date|count) from original data file and it should match... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prashanth B
7 Replies

8. Programming

Passing arguments from command line to switch case statement in C

Hi Am pretty new to C.. Am trying to pass the arguments from command line and use them in switch case statement.. i have tried the following #include <stdlib.h> main(int argc, char* argv) { int num=0; if ( argc == 2 ) num = argv; printf("%d is the num value",num); switch ( num ) ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priya Amaresh
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing multiple arguments

Hi, I know with getopts you can pass arguments from the command line ./script -ab -c apple But it doesn't support 2 or more arguments for ONE option. Is there any other way to do this? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: testa500
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Grep multiple words in a file with help of fixed string switch

I have multiple strings in a file which have special character $, when i search strings by ignoring $ with \ using single quotes it returns empty results. My search strings are set char_1($lock) and set new_char_clear_3($unlock) I tried searching with but it returns empty results.However... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: g_eashwar
3 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)