Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Minix help wanted
Top Forums Programming Minix help wanted Post 302513590 by DGPickett on Wednesday 13th of April 2011 04:36:07 PM
Old 04-13-2011
OK, earlier than I recalled. Question is, does the OP want to count calls in an application run, or since boot, and if the latter, is the kernel equipped with a per-call counter?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Minix Installation

hi, I'm trying to install Minix 2.0.3 on an old gateway2000 4dz2-66 manufactured back in 1995. After I ran 'part' in setup, It make the root/swap/usr subpartitions and then I get this message: installboot: No such File or Directory This was when i had my /usr disk in,here is teh output i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deadrobot
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

A small minix question

First af all hi. i want to create a batch script which inform when users log in last time on system or if they are online when they logged in. I want ot use a file .users which has the usernames of users. i want to print for example peter is ONLINE: Logged in on Wed Feb 11 07:47 alex... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sasa
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sys_datacopy in Minix

I'm writing a program that must log all the kernel calls existing in Minix. I recall that Minix is a microkernel OS. I've a user process that pass a char* that points to a buffer memory to the kernel level. In the kernel level I get all the information, and now, I would like to copy the info to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pedrosacosta
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Help with minix

hey guys i hope there is someone familiar with minix that can help me. Well, the problem i am sitting with is that a ran a program with an infinite loop in it, now i think i ran out of memory in the root because a keep on getting the message " no space on the root device 3/128 ", whenever i try... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: surubi_abada
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Api Posix in Minix

Hi, I'm using minix and I don't know how to use API POSIX (I've read ipc.h :confused:), someone could help me? Thank you :) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Guccio
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

File system in MINIX

Hi I am new in MINIX I want to add data into inode and retrive. where I add these information and how I can retrive? Thanx Rose (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rosecomp
2 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

Noob minix problem

please help!! The question that has been asked is to use /tmp directory in minix to get to know the root password or get the root privilege . onr thing that I have done is : % cp /bin/sh /tmp % chmod 4777 /tmp/sh now what next must i do to get the root privelege? or maybe some other method ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amanmamgain
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Recycle bin on minix 3.2.1?

Hi. I'm started to use minix 3.2.1 recently and I'm trying to create a recycle bin for it. I'm kinda struggling on how to do it. I searched internet and I found scripts created for it but I actually didn't learn how to create scripts in college and I'm not sure if I understand them. I just wanted... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ReonarudoB
1 Replies
Net::DNS::Question(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     Net::DNS::Question(3)

NAME
Net::DNS::Question - DNS question record SYNOPSIS
use Net::DNS::Question; $question = new Net::DNS::Question('example.com', 'A', 'IN'); DESCRIPTION
A Net::DNS::Question object represents a record in the question section of a DNS packet. METHODS
new $question = new Net::DNS::Question('example.com', 'A', 'IN'); $question = new Net::DNS::Question('example.com'); $question = new Net::DNS::Question('192.0.32.10', 'PTR', 'IN'); $question = new Net::DNS::Question('192.0.32.10'); Creates a question object from the domain, type, and class passed as arguments. One or both type and class arguments may be omitted and will assume the default values shown above. RFC4291 and RFC4632 IP address/prefix notation is supported for queries in both in-addr.arpa and ip6.arpa namespaces. decode $question = decode Net::DNS::Question($data, $offset); ($question, $offset) = decode Net::DNS::Question($data, $offset); Decodes the question record at the specified location within a DNS wire-format packet. The first argument is a reference to the buffer containing the packet data. The second argument is the offset of the start of the question record. Returns a Net::DNS::Question object and the offset of the next location in the packet. An exception is raised if the object cannot be created (e.g., corrupt or insufficient data). encode $data = $question->encode( $offset, $hash ); Returns the Net::DNS::Question in binary format suitable for inclusion in a DNS packet buffer. The optional arguments are the offset within the packet data where the Net::DNS::Question is to be stored and a reference to a hash table used to index compressed names within the packet. name $name = $question->name; Internationalised domain name corresponding to the qname attribute. Decoding non-ASCII domain names is computationally expensive and undesirable for names which are likely to be used to construct further queries. When required to communicate with humans, the 'proper' domain name should be extracted from a query or reply packet. $query = new Net::DNS::Packet( $example, 'ANY' ); $reply = $resolver->send($query) or die; ($question) = $reply->question; $name = $question->name; qname, zname $qname = $question->qname; $zname = $question->zname; Canonical ASCII domain name as required for the query subject transmitted to a nameserver. In dynamic update packets, this attribute is known as zname() and refers to the zone name. qtype, ztype $qtype = $question->qtype; $ztype = $question->ztype; Returns the question type attribute. In dynamic update packets, this attribute is known as ztype() and refers to the zone type. qclass, zclass $qclass = $question->qclass; $zclass = $question->zclass; Returns the question class attribute. In dynamic update packets, this attribute is known as zclass() and refers to the zone class. print $object->print; Prints the record to the standard output. Calls the string() method to get the string representation. string print "string = ", $question->string, " "; Returns a string representation of the question record. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c)1997-2002 Michael Fuhr. Portions Copyright (c)2002-2004 Chris Reinhardt. Portions Copyright (c)2003,2006-2011 Dick Franks. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you may redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
perl, Net::DNS, Net::DNS::DomainName, Net::DNS::Packet, RFC 1035 Section 4.1.2 perl v5.18.2 2014-01-16 Net::DNS::Question(3)