Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Execution error with awk script Post 302513471 by kevintse on Wednesday 13th of April 2011 10:05:47 AM
Old 04-13-2011
Your strings are not enclosed with double quotes, you used , this character is certainly not an ASCII double quote(0x22).

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk execution with more combinations..

The requirement is to extract 9 fields randomly from a 13 field CSV file to make another CSV file. While doing that, the field 7 and 8 of input csv file should comeout as field 7 of output with the value as first charecters of both 7 and 8 fields of input file(CSV file). Presently I am using... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mitte_dino
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

error during the execution of script

Hi, I have a cron job which executes daily once 9 PM. The script is like if then TYPE=OC elif then TYPE=i elif then TYPE=mmc elif then TYPE=CB elif then TYPE=oth fi (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: surjyap
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk Shell Script error : "Syntax Error : `Split' unexpected

hi there i write one awk script file in shell programing the code is related to dd/mm/yy to month, day year format but i get an error please can anybody help me out in this problem ?????? i give my code here including error awk ` # date-month -- convert mm/dd/yy to month day,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Herry
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

SolarisCron job perl script execution error

Hi, I want to run a crontab job on solaris10.5. I have configured the crontab accordingly 10 * * * * /scripts/dbalter.pl >> /scripts/cronout.txt.However this does not work .Then I go to /var/mail/root and find an error in the output:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonu2die4
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk filtering, then execution

Hi, I need to do the following but I don't know exactly what to do. I need to monitor a file ... with tail -f for example, but I know that I could do it with awk, wait for a specific string ... , then perform an action, call a script, etc. Let's say that my file name is test.txt , I need... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ocramas
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution of shell script returns error 127

Hi All, While running shell script i got following output. interpreter "usr/bin/ksh" not found sh: step1.sh: not found. ldnhpux | oracle >echo $? 127 - Running command "which ksh" retruns "usr/bin/ksh". - I found some information on web stating to remove extra carriage return chars,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: RuchirP
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Syntax error in sh script execution

Script: #!/sbin/sh echo "Welcome to my First Script" echo "Enter a word" read PASS if then echo "You are correct" elif then echo "Thats incorrect" else echo "Bye" fi When i run the script shell says: Syntax error at line 7:'elif' is not expected I ran through some old posts and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit Kulkarni
3 Replies

8. AIX

Error while script execution - 0403-029 there is not enough memory available now

Hi, I am executing a shell script on AIX box where I need to list all the files in the file system and then do some other tasks with them. I am able to do this successfully on HP-UX and Linux boxes but I get the following error after 10-15 seconds when I try to execute the script on an AIX box. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Adyan Faruqi
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution Problems with awk

Ubuntu, Bash 4.3.48 Hi, I have this input file: a1:b2:c30:g4:h12:j7 and I want this output file: a1=g4:b2=h12:c30=j7 I can do it this with this code: awk -F':' '{print $1"="$4":"$2"="$5":"$3"="$6"}' INPUT > OUTPUTIn this case I have 6 columns, I calculate manually the half number of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: echo manolis
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Stop script execution, when we encounter error

Team, Im new to shell scripting please help in below issue: Considering scenario i have 1.sql,2.sql,3.sql and 4.sql . If my second script fails my loop should come out and should not execute 3.sql and 4.sql. Here is my code. #! /bin/bash echo "exit" | user/password | grep Connected >... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: preethi87
4 Replies
set_color(1)                                                           fish                                                           set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)