Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Show the diff in two files using awk Post 302513367 by gambit97 on Wednesday 13th of April 2011 05:23:23 AM
Old 04-13-2011
MySQL Show the diff in two files using awk

Hi,

How can i use AWK or any other commands to find the difference between 2 files.

File A
Code:
aaa
bbb
ccc

File B
Code:
aaa
ccc

Output
Code:
bbb

Will it work for csv file too?

Thank you.

Last edited by Franklin52; 04-13-2011 at 08:34 AM.. Reason: Please use code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

diff 2 files; output diff's to 3rd file

Hello, I want to compare two files. All records in file 2 that are not in file 1 should be output to file 3. For example: file 1 123 1234 123456 file 2 123 2345 23456 file 3 should have 2345 23456 I have looked at diff, bdiff, cmp, comm, diff3 without any luck! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: blt123
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find duplicates from multuple files with 2 diff types of files

I need to compare 2 diff type of files and find out the duplicate after comparing each types of files: Type 1 file name is like: file1.abc (the extension abc could any 3 characters but I can narrow it down or hardcode for 10/15 combinations). The other file is file1.bcd01abc (the extension... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ricky007
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Diff between 2 files using awk

Hi Experts, Could you please help me to find the difference between two files. I tried the diff command but did not like the output as it contained < and > signs and the line numbers. Is it possible to do something using awk? I have two files, say File1.txt contains 5 values and File2.txt... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: forumthreads
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Show entire lines with diff command

Hi, When I run the diff command using diff -yt file1 file2, I get the output in which original lines are truncated. I tried using -W switch with diff. However, that does not produce exact output as I want. Is it possible to show entire line of file1 and file2 in diff command's output? ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jal_capri
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to make diff show differences one line at a time and not group them?

Is there a way to tell diff to show differences one line at a time and not to group them? For example, I have two files: file1: line 1 line 2 line 3 diff line 4 diff line 5 diff line 6 line 7 file2: line 1 line 2 line 3 diff. line 4 diff. line 5 diff. line 6 line 7 (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: mmr11408
13 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

diff then awk two files

Hi friends, i am trying to diff two files and the result will be passed to awk and this will get the first 20 characters in every line and put the result in a file.... but i can't generate an output. $ cat file1.txt 1 2 3 4 5 $ cat file2.txt 1 2 3 4 the line of command is: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kokoro
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[diff] hide missing rows, show similar

Hi all! Having the following two csv files: file1 AAA;0000;RED CCC;9900;GREEN file2 AAA;0000;BLACK BBB;0099;BLU What's the correct syntax to hide only the missing rows (BBB,CCC) and show the rows that differ only with last field? I expect something like this: diff <options> file1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Evan
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - show field separator

I am using this code to insert something into a csv file: awk -F";" -v url=$url -v nr=$nr 'NR==nr{$2=url$2}1' file Why do I get the output field1 field2 instead of field1;field2 I have given -F";", so the field separator should surely be ";". (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: locoroco
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk: Replacement using 2 diff files input and comparison

Requirement: If $5(date field) in ipfile is less than $7(date field) in deact file & $1 of ipfile is present in deactfile then $1 to be replaced by $2,$3,$4,$5,$6 of deact file else if $5(date field) in ipfile is greater than $7(date field) in actfile & $1 of ipfile is present in actfile then... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: siramitsharma
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Diff 3 files, but diff only their 2nd column

Guys i have 3 files, but i want to compare and diff only the 2nd column path=`/home/whois/doms` for i in `cat domain.tx` do whois $i| sed -n '/Registry Registrant ID:/,/Registrant Email:/p' > $path/$i.registrant whois $i| sed -n '/Registry Admin ID:/,/Admin Email:/p' > $path/$i.admin... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenshinhimura
10 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)