Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Newbie question: if[command not null] Post 302513266 by mirni on Tuesday 12th of April 2011 05:18:09 PM
Old 04-12-2011
I agree that including spaces in filenames is a very dirty practice, yet it is not uncommon. My version with xargs -0 worked fine -- I ran it with relative path like this:
Code:
comm -3 < ( cd dir1; find . -type f -print0 | xargs -0 -n999 cksum | 
                     sed 's/\(.*\) \(.*\)/\2 \1/' | sort ) 
        < ( cd dir2;  find . -type f -print0 | xargs -0 -n999 cksum | 
                     sed 's/\(.*\) \(.*\)/\2 \1/' | sort ) | 
sed '
  s/^\t/dir2 /
  t 
  s/^/dir1 /
'

You used find * , but the result should be the same

Last edited by mirni; 04-12-2011 at 07:19 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

/dev/null 2>&1 question

Hi, suppose you have the following line at your crontab : 5 * * * * /usr/mine/script > /dev/null 2>&1 now i understood that the " > /dev/null 2>&1 outputs both Standard outpout and Standard Error messages to the /dev/null device or file... the first part , " > /dev/null " transfers... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BAM
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Newbie question

Hello, I have text file while looks this test1 test2 test3 test4 test5 test6 and if I want to parse it and make new file which would like this test1 test2 test3 test4 test5 test6 How can I do this in korn shell script Thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: peeyush_23
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

newbie question

hey all, I have repeatedly seen scripts containing the following syntax, grep "hello" $myfile >> $log 2>&1 can anyone explain exactly what "2>&1" mean? THANK YOU (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mpang_
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Newbie question?

What is the best way to learn UNIX on the web, with out buying books? any link would be much help. Thank you in advance, L (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lsoria1
1 Replies

5. Programming

Question about NULL Character & fgets()

Assume client send the message " Hello ", i get output such as Sent mesg: hello Bytes Sent to Client: 6 bytes_received = recv(clientSockD, data, MAX_DATA, 0); if(bytes_received) { send(clientSockD, data, bytes_received, 0); data = '\0';... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: f.ben.isaac
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX newbie NEWBIE question!

Hello everyone, Just started UNIX today! In our school we use solaris. I just want to know how do I setup Solaris 10 not the GUI one, the one where you have to type the commands like ECHO, ls, pwd, etc... I have windows xp and I also have vmware. I hope I am not missing anything! :p (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hanamachi
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl newbie . &&..programming newbie (question 2)

Hello everyone, I am having to do a lot of perl scripting these days and I am learning a lot. I have this problem I want to move files from a folder and all its sub folders to one parent folder, they are all .gz files.. there is folder1\folder2\*.gz and there are about 50 folders... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xytiz
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

newbie question

Hi all, I am sure this is very simple but I cant quite get it. I am trying to search textfile1.txt for a string then take the results of the search and append the result to textfile3.txt So far I have used $ find file1.txt -exec grep "string i am looking for" '{}' \; -print this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: radgator
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question on NULL and zero value of variable

Hi all, I have a stupid question on NULL and zero(0). In a script I've been working with, one of the lines is: if && then The problem I seem to have is when $Current_csm2 is null, this if block is not triggered, and I don't get why because I was under the impression that NULL!=0 Can... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: spynappels
7 Replies

10. OS X (Apple)

Newbie PATH command question...

Still trying to pick up speed on the command line in OSX. I have installed Apache, and some other server software, but am having problems getting my install of Perl to work. I feel like it's because my Apache install is looking for the base (built-in) Perl that came with OSX which is 5.10. I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bridger
4 Replies
GRUB-RENDER-LABEL(1)                                               User Commands                                              GRUB-RENDER-LABEL(1)

NAME
grub-render-label - generate a .disk_label for Apple Macs. SYNOPSIS
grub-render-label [OPTION...] [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
Render Apple .disk_label. -b, --bgcolor=COLOR use COLOR for background -c, --color=COLOR use COLOR for text -f, --font=FILE use FILE as font (PF2). -i, --input=FILE read text from FILE. -o, --output=FILE set output filename. Default is STDOUT -t, --text=STRING set the label to render -v, --verbose print verbose messages. -?, --help give this help list --usage give a short usage message -V, --version print program version Mandatory or optional arguments to long options are also mandatory or optional for any corresponding short options. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-grub@gnu.org>. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for grub-render-label is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and grub-render-label programs are properly installed at your site, the command info grub-render-label should give you access to the complete manual. grub-render-label (GRUB) 2.02-2ubuntu8.3 July 2018 GRUB-RENDER-LABEL(1)