Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Minix help wanted
Top Forums Programming Minix help wanted Post 302513218 by DGPickett on Tuesday 12th of April 2011 02:57:43 PM
Old 04-12-2011
Does minix count, that it can report total calls since boot? I think m stands for minimal. It is probably open source, so you can look at the variable names and see who references them. sar -c seems closer.

Last edited by DGPickett; 04-12-2011 at 04:04 PM..

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Minix Installation

hi, I'm trying to install Minix 2.0.3 on an old gateway2000 4dz2-66 manufactured back in 1995. After I ran 'part' in setup, It make the root/swap/usr subpartitions and then I get this message: installboot: No such File or Directory This was when i had my /usr disk in,here is teh output i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deadrobot
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

A small minix question

First af all hi. i want to create a batch script which inform when users log in last time on system or if they are online when they logged in. I want ot use a file .users which has the usernames of users. i want to print for example peter is ONLINE: Logged in on Wed Feb 11 07:47 alex... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sasa
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sys_datacopy in Minix

I'm writing a program that must log all the kernel calls existing in Minix. I recall that Minix is a microkernel OS. I've a user process that pass a char* that points to a buffer memory to the kernel level. In the kernel level I get all the information, and now, I would like to copy the info to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pedrosacosta
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Help with minix

hey guys i hope there is someone familiar with minix that can help me. Well, the problem i am sitting with is that a ran a program with an infinite loop in it, now i think i ran out of memory in the root because a keep on getting the message " no space on the root device 3/128 ", whenever i try... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: surubi_abada
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Api Posix in Minix

Hi, I'm using minix and I don't know how to use API POSIX (I've read ipc.h :confused:), someone could help me? Thank you :) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Guccio
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

File system in MINIX

Hi I am new in MINIX I want to add data into inode and retrive. where I add these information and how I can retrive? Thanx Rose (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rosecomp
2 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

Noob minix problem

please help!! The question that has been asked is to use /tmp directory in minix to get to know the root password or get the root privilege . onr thing that I have done is : % cp /bin/sh /tmp % chmod 4777 /tmp/sh now what next must i do to get the root privelege? or maybe some other method ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amanmamgain
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Recycle bin on minix 3.2.1?

Hi. I'm started to use minix 3.2.1 recently and I'm trying to create a recycle bin for it. I'm kinda struggling on how to do it. I searched internet and I found scripts created for it but I actually didn't learn how to create scripts in college and I'm not sure if I understand them. I just wanted... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ReonarudoB
1 Replies
CIFSIOSTAT(1)							Linux User's Manual						     CIFSIOSTAT(1)

NAME
cifsiostat - Report CIFS statistics. SYNOPSIS
cifsiostat [ -h ] [ -k | -m ] [ -t ] [ -V ] [ interval [ count ] ] DESCRIPTION
The cifsiostat command displays statistics about read and write operations on CIFS filesystems. The interval parameter specifies the amount of time in seconds between each report. The first report contains statistics for the time since system startup (boot). Each subsequent report contains statistics collected during the interval since the previous report. A report con- sists of a CIFS header row followed by a line of statistics for each CIFS filesystem that is mounted. The count parameter can be specified in conjunction with the interval parameter. If the count parameter is specified, the value of count determines the number of reports gener- ated at interval seconds apart. If the interval parameter is specified without the count parameter, the cifsiostat command generates reports continuously. REPORT
The CIFS report provides statistics for each mounted CIFS filesystem. The report shows the following fields: Filesystem: This columns shows the mount point of the CIFS filesystem. rB/s (rkB/s, rMB/s) Indicate the average number of bytes (kilobytes, megabytes) read per second. wB/s (wkB/s, wMB/s) Indicate the average number of bytes (kilobytes, megabytes) written per second. rop/s Indicate the number of 'read' operations that were issued to the filesystem per second. wop/s Indicate the number of 'write' operations that were issued to the filesystem per second. fo/s Indicate the number of open files per second. fc/s Indicate the number of closed files per second. fd/s Indicate the number of deleted files per second. OPTIONS
-h Make the CIFS report easier to read by a human. -k Display statistics in kilobytes per second. -m Display statistics in megabytes per second. -t Print the time for each report displayed. The timestamp format may depend on the value of the S_TIME_FORMAT environment variable (see below). -V Print version number then exit. ENVIRONMENT
The cifsiostat command takes into account the following environment variables: S_TIME_FORMAT If this variable exists and its value is ISO then the current locale will be ignored when printing the date in the report header. The nfsiostat command will use the ISO 8601 format (YYYY-MM-DD) instead. The timestamp displayed with option -t will also be com- pliant with ISO 8601 format. BUG
/proc filesystem must be mounted for cifsiostat to work. FILE
/proc/fs/cifs/Stats contains CIFS statistics. AUTHORS
Written by Ivana Varekova (varekova <at> redhat.com) Maintained by Sebastien Godard (sysstat <at> orange.fr) SEE ALSO
sar(1), pidstat(1), mpstat(1), vmstat(8), iostat(1), nfsiostat(1) http://pagesperso-orange.fr/sebastien.godard/ Linux JANUARY 2011 CIFSIOSTAT(1)