Sponsored Content
Special Forums Cybersecurity How can you send a file over Ip.NOT EMAIL Post 302513165 by Anne012 on Tuesday 12th of April 2011 01:54:01 PM
Old 04-12-2011
hello

I don't have any idea regarding It security, I encountered Sinux but Linux don't have any idea yet.. but i am glad to be here i just keep learning.. thanks for the information Smilie)

---------- Post updated at 12:54 PM ---------- Previous update was at 12:47 PM ----------

sorry for my mistake.. i don't have any idea to send a file through using Ip.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to send contents of a file to email as a message

i have a file new1.txt i want to send the contents of that file as a message to email ali@sms.com i m using ksh script......... plz help me (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to send a file in email

a file is created on a daily basis in the name xyz_pqr_20071207.dat.i want to send the file as an attachment if the file contains more than 50 records.how can i write a script such that it will transmit the file after the file is created.i want to sed the file to say asdf@xyz.com. please help me... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr46014
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

parse the file and send email

Hi Experts, I am writing a script in which i want to parse the file and send the emails to some email-id's. The problem is like this-- I use to get some emails on saturday and sunday's but we do not work on these days. So what i want to do is forward those emails to some email id's. I want... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: namishtiwari
1 Replies

4. AIX

how to send a file from aix to a email address?

how to send a file from aix to a email address? such as xxx@yahoo.com? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to send email after comparing the folder permissions to a certain permission & send email

Hello , I am trying to write a unix shell script to compare folder permission to say drwxr-x-wx and then send an email to my id in case the folders don't have the drwxr-x-wx permissions set for them . I have been trying to come up with a script for few days now , pls help me:( (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nairshar
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send a file through email using cron as an attachment

Hi All, I want to send a file as an attachment through cron job.Is this possible using cronjob nd if it i, can you please let me know how to do this? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: NARESH1302
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

send an email from batch file

My batch files run every day, it moves files from servers to my local computer, can I have a confirmation email sent to me from this batch file saying if the job failed or successes? Thank you for your help! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: idiazza
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read file and send email

I have a file like this. I need to ues this file to send emails to the appropriate ID/group. For instance in the first line - Subject should be --> "A1.csv - ABC" - Body should be --> File A1.csv has changed. - Email should be sent to A1@xyz.com,A3@xyz.com Lookup.csv: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vskr72
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

need to zip 2 GB file and send it via email

i want to zip the 2GB file and send it via email from unix machine using uuencode. could you please suggest whether it will possible or not and also command to do it. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mail2sant
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove bad records from file and move them into a file then send those via email

Hi my requirement is that i want pull the bad records from input file and move those records in to a seperate file. that file has to be sent via email.. any suggentions please (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sxk4999
1 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)