Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications linux sqlplus select results writes into file twice Post 302513049 by azuahaha on Tuesday 12th of April 2011 08:52:57 AM
Old 04-12-2011
Yes it seems so. I think I found the problem, bolded part is the problem which I did not include at the first post because I put here an example of my code, not itself...

Code:
cd /tmp

if [ ! -e pid.pid ];then
touch pid.pid
sqlplus -S user/password << EOF >/dev/null
SET HEAD OFF FEEDBACK OFF VERIFY OFF TERMOUT OFF ECHO OFF TRIMSPOOL ON SERVEROUTPUT OFF showmode off pagesize 0 heading off
SPOOL /tmp/selectResults.sql
#select columnA, columnB, columnC from server1.table1 where columnB = '1000';
select 'insert into server2.table2 (columnA, columnB, columnC) values(' || columnA || ',' || columnB || ', ' || columnC || ');' from server1.table2 where columnB = '1000';
SPOOL OFF
exit
EOF
rm -fr pid.pid
fi

Since I write this script in bash, I thought "#" would make that line commented but I forgot that I use SQL in those lines and I needed "--" to comment it...

I'm sorry for the trouble and wasting your time.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

select count(*) in sqlplus into variable unix shell

Need to select count(*) from table to check for zero result in unix script (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: struggle
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Set shell variables from SQLPLUS query results

Hi All, I needed to get the result of two sqlplus queris into shell variables. After days of looking for the ultimate solution to this problem.. i found this... sqlplus -s USER/PASS@DB <<EOF | awk '{if(NR==1) printf("%s ", $1); if(NR==2) printf("%s ", $1);}' | read VAR1 VAR2 set head off... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pranavagarwal
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

In a csh script, can I set a variable to the result of an SQLPLUS select query?

Can someone tell me why I'm getting error when I try to run this? #!/bin/csh -f source ~/.cshrc # set SQLPLUS = ${ORACLE_HOME}/bin/sqlplus # set count=`$SQLPLUS -s ${DB_LOGIN} << END select count(1) from put_groups where group_name='PC' and description='EOD_EVENT' and serial_number=1;... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gregrobinsonhd
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sqlplus: could it be dirrected do not printout anything, beside results?

I try to prepare a sufficient function to execute a sql-statement, getting back ONLY retrieved results! What I can't figured out how to make the sqlplus not printing the 'Connected to ...', 'Disconnected from...' and the executed statements after 'SQL> '. I am under impression that having... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

redirecting oracle sqlplus select query into file

So, I would like to run differen select queries on multiple databases.. I made a script wich I thought to be called something like.. ./script.sh sql_file_name out.log or to enter select statement in a command line.. (aix) and I did created some shell script wich is not working.. it... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bongo
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SQLPlus Select with Grep

I m trying to grep 'select * from' from a script, but the problem is with the * ... I think its taking * as some special character ... when I try to do grep '*' test (test is my test file) its displaying * But when I am trying to do grep 'select * from' test its not showing anything... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RDR
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

iterating over results from sqlplus

hi all, i am writing a ksh script, i am logging into an oracle db via sqlplus and running a select statement but i dont know how i can store the results from the sql so i can iterate over it and do more operations over it. I dont want to write a stored procedure with a cursor since i need to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cesarNZ
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting sqlplus from UNIX with multiple select statement

hi, i have a requirement where i need to connect sqlplus from unix and i am able to do so by following command: cust_count=`sqlplus -s $ORACLE_USER/$ORACLE_PASS@$ORACLE_SID << EOF set pagesize 0 set feedback off set verify off ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lovelysethii
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass Variable from shell script to select query for SqlPlus?

echo "set echo off"; echo "set feedback off"; echo "set linesize 4000"; echo " set pagesize 0"; echo " set sqlprompt ''"; echo " set trimspool on"; Select statement is mentioned below echo "select res.ti_book_no from disney_ticket_history res where res.ti_status =${STATUS} and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aroragaurav.84
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

SQLPLUS command with more than 1 select statement

Hi all, I'm using below code processId=`sqlplus -s ${sysuser}/${syspwd} <<CHK_PROCESS whenever sqlerror exit sql.sqlcode; set head off feedback off echo off pages 0 SELECT PROCESS_ID FROM LSHADMIN.DATA_DOMAIN WHERE DOMAIN_NAME = '${tabname}' ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pratiksha Mehra
8 Replies
pid(n)                                                         Tcl Built-In Commands                                                        pid(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
pid - Retrieve process identifiers SYNOPSIS
pid ?fileId? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
If the fileId argument is given then it should normally refer to a process pipeline created with the open command. In this case the pid command will return a list whose elements are the process identifiers of all the processes in the pipeline, in order. The list will be empty if fileId refers to an open file that is not a process pipeline. If no fileId argument is given then pid returns the process identi- fier of the current process. All process identifiers are returned as decimal strings. EXAMPLE
Print process information about the processes in a pipeline using the SysV ps program before reading the output of that pipeline: set pipeline [open "| zcat somefile.gz | grep foobar | sort -u"] # Print process information exec ps -fp [pid $pipeline] >@stdout # Print a separator and then the output of the pipeline puts [string repeat - 70] puts [read $pipeline] close $pipeline SEE ALSO
exec(n), open(n) KEYWORDS
file, pipeline, process identifier Tcl 7.0 pid(n)