Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Dynamic Grep
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Dynamic Grep Post 302512925 by rdcwayx on Tuesday 12th of April 2011 12:05:49 AM
Old 04-12-2011
Code:
awk -F \" '/Deleting/{split($1,a,"[) ]");print $2 " - " a[7];next}1' infile

This User Gave Thanks to rdcwayx For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

why to use dynamic cast in c++

class base { public: virtual void disp() {cout<<"from base\n";} }; class derv : public base { public: void disp() {cout<<"from der\n";} }; int main() { base *b=new derv; b->disp(); derv *d; d=dynamic_cast<derv*>(b); d->disp(); return(0); (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarwan
0 Replies

2. OS X (Apple)

Dynamic DNS

I have a need to regularly add all macs in our domain to dns. Ideally it would work like Wintel machines. Transparently and automatically. What are the tools, scripts, roadblocks to doing so? I'm not talking about DynDNS type of service here. This is the internal dns for where I work. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: [MA]Flying_Meat
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamic Menu Help

I'm working on a menu to read folders in as menu selections then CD to the selected folder and display the contained files as menu selections for execution. I'm using the following to read in the file list but I get lost after that. I only read in files that begin with CAPs. The problem is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ScottKe
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

MEM=`ps v $PPID| grep -i db2 | grep -v grep| awk '{ if ( $7 ~ " " ) { print 0 } else

Hi Guys, I need to set the value of $7 to zero in case $7 is NULL. I've tried the below command but doesn't work. Any ideas. thanks guys. MEM=`ps v $PPID| grep -i db2 | grep -v grep| awk '{ if ( $7 ~ " " ) { print 0 } else { print $7}}' ` Harby. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hariza
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sql dynamic table / dynamic inserts

I have a file that reads File (X.txt) Contents of record 1: rdrDESTINATION_ADDRESS (String) "91 971502573813" rdrDESTINATION_IMSI (String) "000000000000000" rdrORIGINATING_ADDRESS (String) "d0 movies" rdrORIGINATING_IMSI (String) "000000000000000" rdrTRAFFIC_EVENT_TIME... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: magedfawzy
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Dynamic Tunnel

Hi All, Anyone here already done similar to the queries below ? Is there is a way to have a setup that would allow an SA to easily hook any prod server (external ip) to an internal ip without network reconfigurations ? Your comments here will be much appreciated. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxgeek
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Dynamic variable

I need some variable help TEMP1=Jane TEMP2=Sue X=1 eval USER=TEMP${X} echo $USER This gives output USER1 I would like to get Jane I have tried eval USER='TEMP${X}' eval USER="TEMP${X}" eval USER=`TEMP${X}` (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jotne
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

dynamic string searching for grep

hi my code is something like count=0 echo "oracle TABLESPACE NAME nd TARGET" while do count=`expr $count + 1` (1) tts_space_name$count=`echo $tts | cut -d "," -f$count` (2) target$count=grep $(tts_space_name$count)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gl@)!aTor
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

dynamic thread in grep

hi name$count = some dynamic value now i want to use dat dynamic value in grep so how m i supposed to do dat i tried `grep $(name$count) source` , it is not working ...... what will be after grep so dat i will be... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gl@)!aTor
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inconsistent `ps -eaf -o args | grep -i sfs_pcard_load_file.ksh | grep -v grep | wc -l`

i have this line of code that looks for the same file if it is currently running and returns the count. `ps -eaf -o args | grep -i sfs_pcard_load_file.ksh | grep -v grep | wc -l` basically it is assigned to a variable ISRUNNING=`ps -eaf -o args | grep -i sfs_pcard_load_file.ksh |... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wtolentino
6 Replies
IRSEND(1)								FSF								 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.8.7pre1 May 2010 IRSEND(1)