Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Python: generateeuro-millions combinations Post 302512865 by sk1418 on Monday 11th of April 2011 06:30:46 PM
Old 04-11-2011
@alister
nice algorithm! much simpler than mine.

i did a bit document search, and found, it still could be easier: Smilie

PHP Code:
#!/usr/bin/python
from itertools import combinations
it 
combinations(range(1,51),5)
while 
True:
    try:
        print 
it.next()

except:
        exit(
Code:
kent$ time -p ./t.py > a.tmp
real 6.98
user 6.81
sys 0.15
kent$ wc -l a.tmp
2118760 a.tmp

test was running on my Thinkpad T60 laptop.

Code:
kent$ cat /proc/cpuinfo| ack "model name"    
model name	: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU         T5600  @ 1.83GHz
model name	: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU         T5600  @ 1.83GHz

These 2 Users Gave Thanks to sk1418 For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

dump/restore of a fs with 100 of millions hardlinks

Hi :-) i have a dump of a backupdisk (~540GB / ext3). The Backups have some 100 millions of hardlinks (backups are created with storeBackup). The OS is linux. A restore of a directory ended after some days with the errormessage "no memory to extend symbol table" The restore of the complete... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: turricum
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generating millions of record using shell script

Hi All, My requirement is like this. I want to generate records of 1 million lines. If I say lines it means one line will contain some string or numbers like AA,3,4,45,+223424234,Tets,Ghdj,+33434,345453434,........................ upto length lets say 41. ( 41 comma sepearted aplha numneric... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rahil2k9
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to zip/tar millions of files?

Hi guys, I have an issue processing a large amount of files. I have around 5 million files (some of them are actually directories) in a server. I am unable to find out the exact number of files since it's taking "forever" to finish (See this thread for more on the issue). Anyway, now I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: verdepollo
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need script to remove millions of tmp files in /html/cache/ directory

Hello, I just saw that on my vps (centOS) my oscommerce with a seo script has created millions of tmp files inside the /html/cache/ directory. I would need to remove all those files (millions), I tried via shell but the vps loads goes to very high and it hangs, is there some way to do a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: andymc1
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need an efficient way to search for a tag in an xml file having millions of rows

Hi, I have an XML file with around 1 billion rows in it and i am trying to find the number of times a particular tag occurs in it. The solution i am using works but takes a lot of time (~1 hr) .Please help me with an efficient way to do this. Lets say the input file is <Root> ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sheel
13 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Millions of record using shell script

I wanna create a millions of record using shell scripts.. the scenario is somehow like this,,,i want to create the record for these fields in my database..id,name,addrs,sales. So can you please give a overall idea for how to achieve it? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: shankarpanda003
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create a file contains millions of lines and each line has different datas?

I want to create a file contains millions of lines. The line format like this: acnum$$123456$$+$$Tom$$111$$ fields separated by $$, field 1 and field 3 have only two options:acnum or crenum; + or -. field 4 can be any name or any letters. Other fields can be any fixed length digits. So, I want to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: hhdzhu
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Print a python script down a list in a text file without printing a lot combinations

In a python script I have 2 files printing side by side on the same line. I want to have 1 of the files to be already displayed at once while the other file print down the list in the file and it still will produce new lines. I want to do it like that to reduce printing a lot of lines and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigvito19
0 Replies
Test::Regression(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     Test::Regression(3pm)

NAME
Test::Regression - Test library that can be run in two modes; one to generate outputs and a second to compare against them VERSION
Version 0.05 SYNOPSIS
use Test::Regression; ok_regression(sub {return "hello world"}, "t/out/hello_world.txt"); DESCRIPTION
Using the various Test:: modules you can compare the output of a function against what you expect. However if the output is complex and changes from version to version, maintenance of the expected output could be costly. This module allows one to use the test code to generate the expected output, so that if the differences with model output are expected, one can easily refresh the model output. EXPORT
ok_regression FUNCTIONS
ok_regression This function requires two arguments: a CODE ref and a file path. The CODE ref is expected to return a SCALAR string which can be compared against previous runs. If the TEST_REGRESSION_GEN is set to a true value, then the CODE ref is run and the output written to the file. Otherwise the output of the file is compared against the contents of the file. There is a third optional argument which is the test name. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
TEST_REGRESSION_GEN If the TEST_REGRESSION_GEN environment file is unset or false in a perl sense, then the named output files must exist and be readable and the test will run normally comparing the outputs of the CODE refs against the contents of those files. If the environment variable is true in a perl sense, then model output files will be overwritten with the output of the CODE ref. AUTHOR
Nicholas Bamber, "<nicholas at periapt.co.uk>" BUGS
Please report any bugs or feature requests to "bug-test-regression at rt.cpan.org", or through the web interface at <http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/ReportBug.html?Queue=Test-Regression>. I will be notified, and then you'll automatically be notified of progress on your bug as I make changes. testing of STDERR The testing of stderr from this module is not as thorough as I would like. Test::Builder::Tester allows turning off of stderr checking but not matching by regular expression. Handcrafted efforts currently fall foul of Test::Harness. Still it is I believe adequately tested in terms of coverage. SUPPORT
You can find documentation for this module with the perldoc command. perldoc Test::Regression You can also look for information at: o RT: CPAN's request tracker <http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/Bugs.html?Dist=Test-Regression> o AnnoCPAN: Annotated CPAN documentation <http://annocpan.org/dist/Test-Regression> o CPAN Ratings <http://cpanratings.perl.org/d/Test-Regression> o Search CPAN <http://search.cpan.org/dist/Test-Regression/> ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
Some documentation improvements have been suggested by toolic (http://perlmonks.org/?node_id=622051). Thanks to Filip GraliXski for pointing out I need to test against output of zero length and providing a patch. COPYRIGHT &; LICENSE Copyright 2009-10 Nicholas Bamber. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of either: the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; or the Artistic License. See http://dev.perl.org/licenses/ for more information. perl v5.10.1 2010-08-29 Test::Regression(3pm)