Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Multiple double quotes
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Multiple double quotes Post 302512828 by radoulov on Monday 11th of April 2011 04:57:06 PM
Old 04-11-2011
Code:
ssh "$server" 'cmd -a "1 2" -b 3'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Double quotes or single quotes when using ssh?

I'm not very familiar with the ssh command. When I tried to set a variable and then echo its value on a remote machine via ssh, I found a problem. For example, $ ITSME=itsme $ ssh xxx.xxxx.xxx.xxx "ITSME=itsyou; echo $ITSME" itsme $ ssh xxx.xxxx.xxx.xxx 'ITSME=itsyou; echo $ITSME' itsyou $... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: password636
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace multiple blanks within double quotes

I have various column names within double quotes, separated by commas. Example: "column one", "column number two", "this is column number three", anothercolumn, yetanothercolumn I need to eliminate the double quotes and replace the blanks within the double quotes by underscores, giving: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgrogan
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Single quotes and double quotes

Hi guys, I have a sed line in double quotes which works fine, but I want it to be in single quotes here is the sed line sed "/abc_def/s/\'.*\'/\'\${abc_def}\'/" can some one give the equivalent to the above script in single quotes Thanks a ton (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sol_nov
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep single quotes or double quotes

Unix superusers, I am new to unix but would like to learn more about grep. I am very familiar with regular expressions as i have used them for searching text files in windows based text editors. Since I am not very familiar with Unix, I dont understand when one should use GREP with the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: george_vandelet
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to use grep: finding a string with double quotes and multiple digits

I have a file with a lot of lines (a lot!) that contain 10 digits between double quotes. ie "1726937489". The digits are random throughout, but always contain ten digits. I can not for the life of me, (via scouring the internet and grep how-to manuals) figure out how to find this when I search.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: titusbass
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with Single Quotes and Double Quotes for prompt PS1

Hi, Trying to change the prompt. I have the following code. export PS1=' <${USER}@`hostname -s`>$ ' The hostname is not displayed <abc@`hostname -s`>$ uname -a AIX xyz 1 6 00F736154C00 <adcwl4h@`hostname -s`>$ If I use double quotes, then the hostname is printed properly but... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobbygsk
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace double quotes with a single quote within a double quoted string

Hi Froum. I have tried in vain to find a solution for this problem - I'm trying to replace any double quotes within a quoted string with a single quote, leaving everything else as is. I have the following data: Before: ... (32 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchang
32 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace Double quotes within double quotes in a column with space while loading a CSV file

Hi All, I'm unable to load the data using sql loader where there are double quotes within the double quotes As these are optionally enclosed by double quotes. Sample Data : "221100",138.00,"D","0019/1477","44012075","49938","49938/15043000","Television - 22" Refurbished - Airwave","Supply... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mlavanya
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract multiple columns base on double quotes as delimiter

Hi All, I have my data like below "1","abc,db","hac,aron","4","5" Now I need to extract 1,2,4th columns Output should be like "1",abc,db","4" Am trying to use cut command but not able to get the results. Thanks in advance. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: weknowd
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removal of multiple characters with in double quotes

For one of my need I was going through post "Removal of new line character in double quotes" Which alister has replied like $ cat data "leave me alone" "ABCD RENT-A- CAR XYZ LTD","00N0H","Enterprise Lake"," 100 View Way" $ sed -n 'H;g;/^*"*\("*"*\)*$/d; s/^\n//; y/\n/ /; p; s/.*//; h'... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jag_1981
9 Replies
BOS_EXEC(8)						       AFS Command Reference						       BOS_EXEC(8)

NAME
bos_exec - Executes a command on a remote server machine SYNOPSIS
bos exec -server <machine name> -cmd <command to execute> [-cell <cell name>] [-noauth] [-localauth] [-help] bos e -s <machine name> -cm <command to execute> [-ce <cell name>] [-n] [-l] [-h] DESCRIPTION
The bos exec command executes the indicated command on the file server machine named by the -server argument. Its intended use is to reboot the machine, using the /sbin/reboot command or equivalent. OPTIONS
-server <machine name> Indicates the server machine on which to execute the command. Identify the machine by IP address or its host name (either fully- qualified or abbreviated unambiguously). For details, see bos(8). -cmd <command to execute> Specifies the complete local disk pathname of the command to execute (for example, /sbin/reboot). Surround this argument with double quotes ("") if the command contains one or more spaces. -cell <cell name> Names the cell in which to run the command. Do not combine this argument with the -localauth flag. For more details, see bos(8). -noauth Assigns the unprivileged identity "anonymous" to the issuer. Do not combine this flag with the -localauth flag. For more details, see bos(8). -localauth Constructs a server ticket using a key from the local /etc/openafs/server/KeyFile file. The bos command interpreter presents the ticket to the BOS Server during mutual authentication. Do not combine this flag with the -cell or -noauth options. For more details, see bos(8). -help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. EXAMPLES
The following command reboots the machine "fs2.abc.com". The issuer has previously issued the bos shutdown command to shutdown all processes cleanly. % bos exec -server fs2.abc.com -cmd /sbin/shutdown -r now PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
The issuer must be listed in the /etc/openafs/server/UserList file on the machine named by the -server argument, or must be logged onto a server machine as the local superuser "root" if the -localauth flag is included. The bos exec command is not available on servers running in restricted mode. SEE ALSO
bos(8) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 BOS_EXEC(8)