Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux LinuxCBT/UnixCBT video training recommended? Post 302512823 by DGPickett on Monday 11th of April 2011 04:49:52 PM
Old 04-11-2011
One question is, are you looking for knowledge or certification. For certification, you need a mindlessly complete set of what is on the cert test, phrased as they ask it. Without experience, certification might get you hired. If you are planning to use it, you can self-teach using online tutorials and real code, writing you own trial apps to use it.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix training Video's

Hello any body knows a website that can Purchase and download Video training for unix ?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wickedsoul
1 Replies

2. Linux

USB video capture? composite, s-video, etc

does anybody have any experience with any of these composite video to usb devices on linux? usb video capture - Google Product Search would like to get one but a linux newbie and having trouble figuring out if any are ported... i've found lots of things that link to freedesktop.org DisplayLink... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: danpaluska
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Video Cards :: Video Memory Intercept and Redirect

I need a broad spectrum understanding on this subject, and any help would be greatly appreciated. First of all, as I understand it... The way the video hardware works is the CPU sends information about input and possible changes to the display, the video card receives these changes, makes the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ciNG
2 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Recommended skill and training for Linux system administrator

Hi Friends ! I'm sorry if this not right place to ask questions like this. I'm working as a Linux system administrator in one of the Indian hosting company that provides tech support to various UK and US based clients. I have now total 3+ years of web hosting technology experience and good... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pratik_rao
2 Replies

5. Web Development

Vue JS 2 Tutorial by The Net Ninja: A Recommended Vue.js Video Tutorial Series

A number of people have asked me how to get started with Vue.js and my reply before today was to Google "Vue.js". That has changed and my recommendation to anyone who wants to learn the fastest growing, easiest to learn and use Vue.js web dev framework is to watch this video tutorial series: ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
NE_SSL_SET_VERIFY(3)						neon API reference					      NE_SSL_SET_VERIFY(3)

NAME
ne_ssl_set_verify - register an SSL certificate verification callback SYNOPSIS
#include <ne_session.h> typedef int ne_ssl_verify_fn(void *userdata, int failures, const ne_ssl_certificate *cert); void ne_ssl_set_verify(ne_session *session, ne_ssl_verify_fn verify_fn, void *userdata); DESCRIPTION
To enable manual SSL certificate verification, a callback can be registered using ne_ssl_set_verify. If such a callback is not registered, when a connection is established to an SSL server which does not present a certificate signed by a trusted CA (see ne_ssl_trust_cert), or if the certificate presented is invalid in some way, the connection will fail. When the callback is invoked, the failures parameter gives a bitmask indicating in what way the automatic certificate verification failed. The value is equal to the bit-wise OR of one or more of the following constants (and is guaranteed to be non-zero): NE_SSL_NOTYETVALID The certificate is not yet valid. NE_SSL_EXPIRED The certificate has expired. NE_SSL_IDMISMATCH The hostname used for the session does not match the hostname to which the certificate was issued. NE_SSL_UNTRUSTED The Certificate Authority which signed the certificate is not trusted. Note that if either of the NE_SSL_IDMISMATCH or NE_SSL_UNTRUSTED failures is given, the connection may have been intercepted by a third party, and must not be presumed to be "secure". The cert parameter passed to the callback represents the certificate which was presented by the server. If the server presented a chain of certificates, the chain can be accessed using ne_ssl_cert_signedby. The cert object given is not valid after the callback returns. RETURN VALUE
The verification callback must return zero to indicate that the certificate should be trusted; and non-zero otherwise (in which case, the connection will fail). EXAMPLES
The following code implements an example verification callback, using the dump_cert function from ne_ssl_cert_subject to display certification information. Notice that the hostname of the server used for the session is passed as the userdata parameter to the callback. static int my_verify(void *userdata, int failures, const ne_ssl_certificate *cert) { const char *hostname = userdata; dump_cert(cert); puts("Certificate verification failed - the connection may have been " "intercepted by a third party!"); if (failures & NE_SSL_IDMISMATCH) { const char *id = ne_ssl_cert_identity(cert); if (id) printf("Server certificate was issued to '%s' not '%s'. ", id, hostname); else printf("The certificate was not issued for '%s' ", hostname); } if (failures & NE_SSL_UNTRUSTED) puts("The certificate is not signed by a trusted Certificate Authority."); /* ... check for validity failures ... */ if (prompt_user()) return 1; /* fail verification */ else return 0; /* trust the certificate anyway */ } int main(...) { ne_session *sess = ne_session_create("https", "some.host.name", 443); ne_ssl_set_verify(sess, my_verify, "some.host.name"); ... } SEE ALSO
ne_ssl_trust_cert, ne_ssl_readable_dname, ne_ssl_cert_subject AUTHOR
Joe Orton <neon@lists.manyfish.co.uk> Author. COPYRIGHT
neon 0.29.6 3 May 2011 NE_SSL_SET_VERIFY(3)