Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming How to create java based dictionary for mobile using data in microsoft excel? Post 302512810 by DGPickett on Monday 11th of April 2011 04:27:05 PM
Old 04-11-2011
Export it as tab separated text, and it is easy to read that in core JAVA. For a mobile device, it might be good to compress it using a ziplib. This is pretty sttep for a beginner, but start on a PC and then work over to the mobile JAVA. There are many good JAVA tutorials online, like the Oracle/Sun reference one.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

HOWTO create in UNIX a Microsoft Excel-Sheet (with data from Oracle)

Hi HOWTO create in UNIX a Microsoft Excel sheet (with data from Oracle). At the moment I am making CSV files (using SQL statemens with || ';'), but search for more advanced formatting. Don't wish to use Perl. cheers (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: slashdotweenie
4 Replies

2. Homework & Coursework Questions

How to create a dictionary using cygwin

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Create a dictionary using cygwin. Display the following menu at the start of execution 1-add a word in the dictionary # specify the meaning 2-search a word # if word exists, show the meaning of the word 2-delete a word... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kpopfreakghecky
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to create unique look-up for headers for a Dictionary

I have a text file in UTF-8 format which has the following data structure HEADWORD=gloss1,gloss2,gloss3 etc I want to convert it so that all the glosses of the HeadWord appear on separate lines HEADWORD=gloss1 HEADWORD=gloss2 HEADWORD=gloss3 An example will illustrate the requirement... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regexes for three column data to create a dictionary

I am working on a multilingual dictionary and I have data in three columns. The data structure can be word=word=gloss or word word=word word=gloss gloss = acts as a delimiter The number of words separated by the delimiter can be up to 8 or 10. The structure is well defined in the sense... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Create file based on data from two other files

I have looked through several threads regarding merging files with awk and attempted using join however have been unsuccessful likely as I do not fully understand awk. What I am attempting is to take a csv file which could be between 1 and 15,000 lines with 5 colums and another csv file that will... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdubu2
4 Replies
WTOC(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   WTOC(1)

NAME
wtoc - Convert a Wnn text-form dictionary (or dictionaries) into Canna text-form dictionaries SYNOPSIS
wtoc [-f hinshidata] [wnnjisho] [cannajisho] DESCRIPTION
wtoc converts a Wnn text-form dictionary file into Canna text-form dictionary file. If all dictionary files are omitted, the Wnn dictio- nary data is input through the standard input. In this case, the dictionary of the Japanes Input System is output from the standard out- put. If one dictionary file is specified, it will be regarded as a Wnn dictionary. At this time, Canna dictionary output to the standard output. OPTIONS
-f hinshidata The user can add new information about word-type correspondence between Wnn and Canna. The following word-type correspondence information must be described in the hinshidata file. Within one line, describe the Wnn word type name and the Canna word type while delimiting by a space(s) or tab. Wnn word type Canna word type Adverb #F04 EXAMPLE
% wtoc -f tsuikahinshi kihon.u kihon.t Inputs word-type correspondence information from tsuikahinshi, then converts Wnn text-form dictionary kihon.u into the Canna text-form dic- tionary before output. % wtoc special.u | lpr Converts Wnn text-form dictionary special.u into Canna text-form dictionary, then outputs the result to the line printer. SEE ALSO
ctow(1) WTOC(1)