Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming can i have an optimal solution for this java code ? Facing Java heap space problem even at 3GB heaps Post 302512714 by Corona688 on Monday 11th of April 2011 11:08:42 AM
Old 04-11-2011
How long a string are we talking about?

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Line space problem facing

Hi, I got a list of file that all got the same standard format. Can anyone teach me how to put the space in all of them?! Input file: >nucleotide1 AAAAAAAAACCCGGG >nucleotide2 GGGGGGCCCCCTTTTA >nucleotide3 GGTACACCACACTCAC >nucleotide4 TTTGGAGAGAGACCCC desired output:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
4 Replies

2. Programming

Java code to access the shared heap

Hi Help needed and forgive me as I dont know Java so please bare with me. I have searched this site and google but was unable to locate the information I need. An application that we use - is based on java and stores some performance counters etc internally in the shared JVM. They are not... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Checking heap memory size for java app

Hi I have one Java application installed in my Solaris system. Is there a way to find out the heap memory allocated size/used size/free size for the particular Java process? If anyone knows the command, please let me know. Even I appreciate if I have any scripts to find out the same. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nthiruvenkatam
0 Replies

4. Programming

Problem of using scanner to get space in JAVA

May I know how to get a string with space by using scanner class in java? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: eel
0 Replies
Heap071::Elem(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					Heap071::Elem(3pm)

NAME
Heap::Elem - Perl extension for elements to be put in Heaps SYNOPSIS
use Heap::Elem::SomeInheritor; use Heap::SomeHeapClass; $elem = Heap::Elem::SomeInheritor->new( $value ); $heap = Heap::SomeHeapClass->new; $heap->add($elem); DESCRIPTION
This is an inheritable class for Heap Elements. It provides the interface documentation and some inheritable methods. Only a child classes can be used - this class is not complete. METHODS
$elem = Heap::Elem::SomeInheritor->new( [args] ); Creates a new Elem. $elem->heap( $val ); $elem->heap; Provides a method for use by the Heap processing routines. If a value argument is provided, it will be saved. The new saved value is always returned. If no value argument is provided, the old saved value is returned. The Heap processing routines use this method to map an element into its internal structure. This is needed to support the Heap methods that affect elements that are not are the top of the heap - decrease_key and delete. The Heap processing routines will ensure that this value is undef when this elem is removed from a heap, and is not undef after it is inserted into a heap. This means that you can check whether an element is currently contained within a heap or not. (It cannot be used to determine which heap an element is contained in, if you have multiple heaps. Keeping that information accurate would make the operation of merging two heaps into a single one take longer - it would have to traverse all of the elements in the merged heap to update them; for Binomial and Fibonacci heaps that would turn an O(1) operation into an O(n) one.) $elem1->cmp($elem2) A routine to compare two elements. It must return a negative value if this element should go higher on the heap than $elem2, 0 if they are equal, or a positive value if this element should go lower on the heap than $elem2. Just as with sort, the Perl operators <=> and cmp cause the smaller value to be returned first; similarly you can negate the meaning to reverse the order - causing the heap to always return the largest element instead of the smallest. INHERITING
This class can be inherited to provide an oject with the ability to be heaped. If the object is implemented as a hash, and if it can deal with a key of heap, leaving it unchanged for use by the heap routines, then the following implemetation will work. package myObject; require Exporter; @ISA = qw(Heap::Elem); sub new { my $self = shift; my $class = ref($self) || $self; my $self = SUPER::new($class); # set $self->{key} = $value; } sub cmp { my $self = shift; my $other = shift; $self->{key} cmp $other->{key}; } # other methods for the rest of myObject's functionality AUTHOR
John Macdonald, jmm@perlwolf.com COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2003, O'Reilly & Associates. This code is distributed under the same copyright terms as perl itself. SEE ALSO
Heap(3), Heap::Elem::Num(3), Heap::Elem::NumRev(3), Heap::Elem::Str(3), Heap::Elem::StrRev(3). perl v5.10.0 2007-08-11 Heap071::Elem(3pm)