Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Clipboard transformation scripting Post 302512447 by la2ar0 on Sunday 10th of April 2011 10:22:28 AM
Old 04-10-2011
Computer

That was astoundingly fast and unexpectedly clean, thank you! With all the swapping in and out of hold space though, I'm not sure how to put the brackets around the pattern at the end so it looks as follows:

Code:
[bobswid-app01]

Idea? I did study the sed arguments you used, very nice!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Transformation capital letter

:confused: Hye everybody i would like to know if exist a internet site where i can founs some interesting shell script very usefull I need to transform hundreds names of files escribed in CAPITAL letter in minuscule letter do oyu know a mean o do that that thanks to a script or a shell... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dark Angel
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reflection X clipboard issues

Hey, Has anyone else ever run into a problem with Reflection X and clipboard not working? I'll copy something command line, try to vi into a file and paste it and it either pastes nothing or sometimes the correct data and even in some cases it will print stuff in the clipboard from 3 copies ago.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingdbag
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

file name transformation

I've got a multitude of text data files that carry exactly the same kind of data. Unfortunately some of them have a different filename format some are: 'category'_'month'-'year'_act.txt an example being: daf_Apr-1961_act.txt and some are: 'category'_ 'year'-'month'_act.txt an... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: vrms
16 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML to csv transformation

Hi, I want to write a perl script. Which should accept the xml file, one xsl file and the loaction. The perl script should process the xml file using the xsl file and puts the out put in specified location. For example: My.perl is perls cript. my.xml is like this <?xml version="1.0"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: siba.s.nayak
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

xslt transformation through Unix

Hi .. I have one input XML and I want to convert into another XML using parameter mapping through Database through Unix shell script. But I dont have idea how to do that. And how can I create xsl sheet if mapping is through database tables. Please help me on this. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srinu19
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need help in xslt transformation

Hi I have one input xml file <param name="EXTR_COL" valueDesc="AUTHD_RFLL" value="rx.AUTHD_RFLL" /> There is a mapping parameters in Database. if EXTR_COL is present in input XML then it is mapped to fieldlist. so the o/p XML looks like <fieldlist> <datasource... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srinu19
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML file transformation

Hi all, I have to transform a XML file like this: <?xml version="1.0"?> <vocabulary> <voc_id>102</voc_id> <name>Vocabulary Name</name> <description>Voc description</description> <relations>3</relations> <hierarchy>5</hierarchy> <word> <word_id>1</word_id> ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aLittleBeat
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Row to Column transformation

Hello Experts, I need to transform rows into column using awk. I tried few things but failed to obtain desired output, as I'm fairly new to awk. i/p file 100, READ, 12 100, WRITE, 8 100, SEEK, 1 142, READ, 2 142, WRITE, 34 142, SEEK, 3 O/p Needed PROC_ID 100 142 READ 12 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sybadm
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Data transformation

I do have an input text file of the following format with 1000's of lines input file: 3386(11:11,Ani:0,Bri:1,ch:1,Jwe:0,Jor:0,LP:0,Lo:0,NS:1,al:1,bo:0,boy:0,bru:0,sh:0,cor:1,dum:0,ery:0,mac:0,mic:0)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kanja
3 Replies
XmClipboardLock(library call)											     XmClipboardLock(library call)

NAME
XmClipboardLock -- A clipboard function that locks the clipboard SYNOPSIS
#include <Xm/CutPaste.h> int XmClipboardLock (display, window) Display * display; Window window; (void) DESCRIPTION
XmClipboardLock locks the clipboard from access by another application until XmClipboardUnlock is called. All clipboard functions lock and unlock the clipboard to prevent simultaneous access. This function allows the application to keep the clipboard data from changing between calls to Inquire and other clipboard functions. The application does not need to lock the clipboard between calls to XmClipboardStartCopy and XmClipboardEndCopy or to XmClipboardStartRetrieve and XmClipboardEndRetrieve. If the clipboard is already locked by another application, XmClipboardLock returns an error status. Multiple calls to this function by the same application increase the lock level. display Specifies a pointer to the Display structure that was returned in a previous call to XOpenDisplay or XtDisplay. window Specifies the window ID of a widget that relates the application window to the clipboard. The widget's window ID can be obtained through XtWindow. The same application instance should pass the same window ID to each of the clipboard functions that it calls. RETURN
XmClipboardSuccess The function was successful. XmClipboardLocked The function failed because the clipboard was locked by another application. The application can continue to call the function again with the same parameters until the lock goes away. This gives the application the opportunity to ask if the user wants to keep trying or to give up on the operation. RELATED
XmClipboardEndCopy(3), XmClipboardEndRetrieve(3), XmClipboardStartCopy(3), XmClipboardStartRetrieve(3), and XmClipboardUnlock(3). XmClipboardLock(library call)