Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Installing bash on AIX 6.1
Operating Systems AIX Installing bash on AIX 6.1 Post 302512430 by Nevyn on Sunday 10th of April 2011 07:24:16 AM
Old 04-10-2011
The page you linked from IBM has downloads for bash and gcc for 6.1; any reason you're heading in the direction you are?
Code:
make -d

may give you a better idea what failed.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Help on Installing AIX 5.3

Please tell me how to install AIX 5.3 on P5 520 server via Console. Please mail me at sunnyanthony@gmail.com please CEO us standing.... sunny (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunnyanthony
0 Replies

2. AIX

installing aix 5.2 on p520

hello everybody. Has anyone tried to install aix 5.2 on p520 machines. I've been trying but in the installation menu it says, "no disk found". I've used the same CD on a different 520 server and its working fine on it. Can anyone help, please? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: soahel
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing AIX 4.3, pseries

I'm new with UNIX, i have a pseries server from IBM and i need to install AIX 4.3, i never used wyse terminal or AIX, i need help to know how to install it, i have the server and the wyse i get in into the aixterm, over com1 but i don't know wich command use or what to do to install it..... ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Juan-ito
0 Replies

4. SCO

Need help installing Bash in SCO

Hi am Running SCO UNIXware 7.1.4 am i cant stand the shell that comes with, i downloaded the source for bash and the uncompressed it. I run the:- ./configure and that went through with no issues I then ran make that also went through fine with no errors. But when i ran make install i got... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Han.nlo
1 Replies

5. AIX

Need help installing 'xlc' on AIX

Hello, I'm getting "xlc: not found" error compiling code using 'make oracle' command on IBM AIX. C/C++ compiler is installed, but 'xlc' still missing. Could you please tell me which OS package contains the 'xlc' executable? $ > make oracle xlc -qmkshrobj -e MQStart -L/usr/mqm/lib -lmqmcs_r... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: safir29
4 Replies

6. AIX

Installing Samba on AIX 5.3

Hello, I need assistance installing Samba on AIX 5.3 TL06. Smitty Install produces the following error message: Command: failed stdout: yes stderr: no Before command completion, additional instructions may appear below. geninstall -I "a -cgNQqwXY -J" -Z -d... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tgray71
5 Replies

7. AIX

Installing jboss on aix

Hi, anybody knows how to configure and install jboss on aix. Regards, Manoj (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

8. AIX

Installing oci8 in AIX

I have an AIX 5.3 installation on a server that I'd like to host a php app on Oracle DB. I'm compiling php with oci using the cmd : ./configure --prefix=/usr/local \ --with-apxs2=/usr/local/apache2/bin/apxs \ --with-config-file-path=/usr/local/apache2/conf \ ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Wakanai
1 Replies

9. AIX

Installing programs on AIX

G'day all. Thanks to everyone for helping me getting my h50 rs/6000 server going Now i need just a bit more help. Can anyone tell me how i install other software using remote console? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ADS2459
2 Replies

10. AIX

New to AIX need help Installing/Upgrading Samba on AIX 7.1?

Hello, I am trying to update Samba on my AIX 7.1 system as there is an issues with it, the smbd process coredumps and I have had no luck figuring it out why. My approach is to try to re-install a newer samba and I have found the latest 3.x package for samba in ppc.rpm format at perlz.org ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: c3rb3rus
6 Replies
Alien::Package::Rpm(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  Alien::Package::Rpm(3pm)

NAME
Alien::Package::Rpm - an object that represents a rpm package DESCRIPTION
This is an object class that represents a rpm package. It is derived from Alien::Package. FIELDS
prefixes Relocatable rpm packages have a prefixes field. METHODS
checkfile Detect rpm files by their extention. install Install a rpm. If RPMINSTALLOPT is set in the environement, the options in it are passed to rpm on its command line. scan Implement the scan method to read a rpm file. unpack Implement the unpack method to unpack a rpm file. This is a little nasty because it has to handle relocatable rpms and has to do a bit of permissions fixing as well. prep Prepare for package building by generating the spec file. cleantree Delete the spec file. build Build a rpm. If RPMBUILDOPT is set in the environement, the options in it are passed to rpm on its command line. An optional parameter, if passed, can be used to specify the program to use to build the rpm. It defaults to rpmbuild. version Set/get version. When retreiving the version, remove any dashes in it. postinst postrm preinst prerm Set/get script fields. When retrieving a value, we have to do some truely sick mangling. Since debian/slackware scripts can be anything -- perl programs or binary files -- and rpm is limited to only shell scripts, we need to encode the files and add a scrap of shell script to make it unextract and run on the fly. When setting a value, we do some mangling too. Rpm maintainer scripts are typically shell scripts, but often lack the leading shebang line. This can confuse dpkg, so add the shebang if it looks like there is no shebang magic already in place. Additionally, it's not uncommon for rpm maintainer scripts to contain bashisms, which can be triggered when they are ran on systems where /bin/sh is not bash. To work around this, the shebang line of the scripts is changed to use bash. Also, if the rpm is relocatable, the script could refer to RPM_INSTALL_PREFIX, which is set by rpm at run time. Deal with this by adding code to the script to set RPM_INSTALL_PREFIX. arch Set/get arch field. When the arch field is set, some sanitizing is done first to convert it to the debian format used internally. When it's retreived it's converted back to rpm form from the internal form. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joey@kitenet.net> perl v5.12.3 2011-06-11 Alien::Package::Rpm(3pm)