Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Problem with pipes
Top Forums Programming Problem with pipes Post 302512361 by superfons on Saturday 9th of April 2011 06:17:05 PM
Old 04-09-2011
Problem with pipes

problem solved.

Last edited by superfons; 04-10-2011 at 04:52 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

PIPEs and Named PIPEs (FIFO) Buffer size

Hello! How I can increase or decrease predefined pipe buffer size? System FreeBSD 4.9 and RedHat Linux 9.0 Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jus
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

cd using pipes

Hi, Can the cd command be invoked using pipes??? My actual question is slightly different. I am trying to run an executable from different folders and the path of these folders are obtained dynamically from the front end. Is there a way in which i can actually run the executable... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sinbad
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

learning about pipes!

im trying to figure out how to do the following: using pipes to combine grep and find commands to print all lines in files that start with the letter f in the current directory that contain the word "test" for example? again using pipes to combine grep and find command, how can I print all... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ez45
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problem with pipes

I have written the following program. The function of this prog is to read data from a file(source.c) and write into another file(dest.c) using pipes. I have just written a line in the source file.Im able to compile and run the program without errors. But the data is not written onto the other... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: afser
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

problem using pipes with "ls"

Hi all, I tried the following command $ find / -name xyx | ls -l so logically it should show the listing of directory xyz , assuming there's only one instance of xyz . But the above command shows the listing of current directory instead. I got the desired result using it in the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bijeet_sunny
4 Replies

6. Programming

Pipes in C

Hello all, I am trying to learn more about programming Unix pipes in C. I have created a pipe that does od -bc < myfile | head Now, I am trying to create od -bc < myfile | head | wc Here is my code, and I know I might be off, thats why I am here so I can get some clarification. #include... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: petrca
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with pipes on infinite streams

Here is an example code that shows the issue I have: #!/bin/bash counter() { seq 1000 | while read NUM; do echo $NUM echo "debug: $NUM" >&2 sleep 0.1 # slow it down so we know when this loop really ends done } counter | grep --line-buffered "" | head -n1 ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: tokland
10 Replies

8. Programming

please help a problem in client-server ipc message 2 pipes communication simple example

I want to have a message send & receive through 2 half-duplex pipes Flow of data top half pipe stdin--->parent(client) fd1--->pipe1-->child(server) fd1 bottom half pipe child(server) fd2---->pipe2--->parent(client) fd2--->stdout I need to have boundary structed message... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ouou
1 Replies

9. Programming

Problem with Pipes => Only works first pipe

Hi! I'm having problems with pipes... I need comunnications with childs processes and parents, but only one child can comunnicate with parent (first child), others childs can't. A brief of code: if(pipe(client1r)<0){ perror("pipe"); } ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: serpens11
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Other way aside from putting more PIPES (|)

I already manage to get the output that i want.. but wat if removing all the pipes and convert it 1 liner with less pipes. My command below can get the ouput that i want. i just want to remove the pipes or less pipes. #cat file1 us-west-2a running i-3397a421... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenshinhimura
2 Replies
SLAGTS(l)								 )								 SLAGTS(l)

NAME
SLAGTS - may be used to solve one of the systems of equations (T - lambda*I)*x = y or (T - lambda*I)'*x = y, SYNOPSIS
SUBROUTINE SLAGTS( JOB, N, A, B, C, D, IN, Y, TOL, INFO ) INTEGER INFO, JOB, N REAL TOL INTEGER IN( * ) REAL A( * ), B( * ), C( * ), D( * ), Y( * ) PURPOSE
SLAGTS may be used to solve one of the systems of equations (T - lambda*I)*x = y or (T - lambda*I)'*x = y, where T is an n by n tridiagonal matrix, for x, following the factorization of (T - lambda*I) as (T - lambda*I) = P*L*U , by routine SLAGTF. The choice of equation to be solved is controlled by the argument JOB, and in each case there is an option to perturb zero or very small diagonal elements of U, this option being intended for use in applications such as inverse iteration. ARGUMENTS
JOB (input) INTEGER Specifies the job to be performed by SLAGTS as follows: = 1: The equations (T - lambda*I)x = y are to be solved, but diagonal elements of U are not to be perturbed. = -1: The equa- tions (T - lambda*I)x = y are to be solved and, if overflow would otherwise occur, the diagonal elements of U are to be per- turbed. See argument TOL below. = 2: The equations (T - lambda*I)'x = y are to be solved, but diagonal elements of U are not to be perturbed. = -2: The equations (T - lambda*I)'x = y are to be solved and, if overflow would otherwise occur, the diagonal elements of U are to be perturbed. See argument TOL below. N (input) INTEGER The order of the matrix T. A (input) REAL array, dimension (N) On entry, A must contain the diagonal elements of U as returned from SLAGTF. B (input) REAL array, dimension (N-1) On entry, B must contain the first super-diagonal elements of U as returned from SLAGTF. C (input) REAL array, dimension (N-1) On entry, C must contain the sub-diagonal elements of L as returned from SLAGTF. D (input) REAL array, dimension (N-2) On entry, D must contain the second super-diagonal elements of U as returned from SLAGTF. IN (input) INTEGER array, dimension (N) On entry, IN must contain details of the matrix P as returned from SLAGTF. Y (input/output) REAL array, dimension (N) On entry, the right hand side vector y. On exit, Y is overwritten by the solution vector x. TOL (input/output) REAL On entry, with JOB .lt. 0, TOL should be the minimum perturbation to be made to very small diagonal elements of U. TOL should normally be chosen as about eps*norm(U), where eps is the relative machine precision, but if TOL is supplied as non-positive, then it is reset to eps*max( abs( u(i,j) ) ). If JOB .gt. 0 then TOL is not referenced. On exit, TOL is changed as described above, only if TOL is non-positive on entry. Otherwise TOL is unchanged. INFO (output) INTEGER = 0 : successful exit element of the solution vector x. This can only occur when JOB is supplied as positive and either means that a diagonal element of U is very small, or that the elements of the right-hand side vector y are very large. LAPACK version 3.0 15 June 2000 SLAGTS(l)