Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming need help with shell script filtering files and sort! newbie question? Post 302512332 by itkamaraj on Saturday 9th of April 2011 01:42:15 PM
Old 04-09-2011
please post your awk solution. It looks like a home work Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

shell scripting newbie question

Hi all! I'm a newbie to shell scripting. I want to create a script that will store a line from a text file in a variable so I can then use it to open firefox with that text in the address bar (the text file contains a list of addresses). I have tried the following: #!/bin/sh a='sed -n 2p... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jazzman
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Newbie question-do I pause and exec my shell scripts?

Hi there, I'm writing a script to restore 3 directories and 3 mysql db's every 24 hours. While writing the script, I came across the thought... Do I need to pause between executions? Example: msql restore1.sql rm -Rf path1/* cp -Rf path1/* /restore1 chmod 777 /folder1/cache1 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: semiotics101
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to sort and execute files sequentially

Hi, I want to sort my files under a directory and execute them sequentially. For ex: my diir contains files: a_5.sql, ab_2.sql,abc_3.sql, acbd_1 ,ab_4.sql, etc. I want to execute the files based on the last number after underscore sequentially(i.e.. _1,_2,etc) . Can anybody help me? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: MuraliKrisna
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Newbie Question: Killing a process using a supplied name to a shell script

Hi, I am trying to automate the killing of named processes of which I found a good solution here on the forums but as I am pretty much a begginer to linux I am having an issue. The code I found is: kill $(ps -ef | nawk '/monitoreo start/ { print $2}'} but what I want to do is replace... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TylrRssl1
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Newbie Question - Help with script

Hi I have about 5000 expired images that need removed from disk. Instead of doing it manually I am trying to use the following script: #vi remove_expired_images FilePath=/Scripts for i in `cat $FilePath/backupid.txt` do #echo $i >> $FilePath/Jim.txt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamba1
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script which will sort all the files in a directory with the timestamp they were created

Team, Pls help writing a shell script which will sort all the files in a directory with the timestamp they were created. (like ls -lrt) (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: asappidi
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Asynchronous shell scripts question - newbie

Hi All, I am fairly new to UNIX and very new to this forum too. This is my first post here. Here is my scenario - I have 3 scripts script1, script2 and script3. I want to start script1 and script2 asynchronously. Upon completion of both scripts script1 and script2, i want to fire the last... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: taskeen21
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Newbie Question: What is php shell scripting?

I know php is a Web Development language but what does it have to do with shell scripting. I might be wrong about php. Is there a CLI? How do I make one and how does it work? Please don't answer these if you have any books on this. Please give names of good beginner books for php shell scripting... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: orszhak
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Script to sort the files and append the extension .sort to the sorted version of the file

Hello all - I am to this forum and fairly new in learning unix and finding some difficulty in preparing a small shell script. I am trying to make script to sort all the files given by user as input (either the exact full name of the file or say the files matching the criteria like all files... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pankaj80
3 Replies

10. Homework & Coursework Questions

Shell script calling Perl function, sort and find data, write to new files

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I must write a shell script that calls two external Perl functions--one of which sorts the data in a file, and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kowit010
6 Replies
NETSCRIPT-2.2.conf(5)						File Formats Manual					     NETSCRIPT-2.2.conf(5)

NAME
/etc/netscript/network.conf - interface, firewalling, and QoS configuration file. /etc/netscript/if.conf - interface setup shell script file /etc/netscript/qos.conf - QoS setup shell script file /etc/netscript/ipfilter.conf - IP chains filtering shell script file /etc/netscript/srvfilter.conf - server IP filter shell script file DESCRIPTION
This manpage is a place holder until something better is written when the netscript itself has stopped changing rapidly. Please see the README file in the /etc/netscript directory, and READ the configuration files if you need to change them. Apart from net- work.conf, all of them contain sh (1) shell script functions which are there so that various things can be altered or hooked in at the right place. Network.conf contains the full network setup details, including special interface setup for the likes of ciped/pppd/wanconfig, and is fully commented with examples given. UPGRADE PATH FROM KERNEL 2.2.X The firewall/IP filtering stuff in ipfilter.conf is the part that changed radically with the move to iptables and a far better way of set- ting up the IP filtering rules, however the QoS and interface startup/shutdown in if.conf have changed but are backwards compatible with the old 2.2.x ipchains version of netscript for the interface address configuration settings. You will have to set up the filtering again to use iptables by directly using the iptables commands. Also, the kernel 2.2.x version scripts are set up so that iptables is only run on a 2.4.x kernel, otherwise IP forwarding is disabled if beforehand you set IPFWDING_KERNEL to FILTER_ON in network.conf. This means that when you upgrade a box to a 2.4.x router kernel, you should then be able to reboot it and log into remotely and upgrade netscript to the version that will support 2.4.x. In this situation, if you have set old IPFWDING_KERNEL setting to FILTER_ON beforehand in network.conf, all IP forwarding through the box will also be disabled. This means that you can safely remotely upgrade a firewall. SEE ALSO
netscript(8), ipchains(8), iproute(8), brcfg(8). AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Matthew Grant <grantma@anathoth.gen.nz>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). BUGS
The author is lazy. He needs to write btter man pages... November 23, 2000 NETSCRIPT-2.2.conf(5)