Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Windows vista unable to ping to Solaris 10 on VM Post 302512135 by JuveZzZ on Friday 8th of April 2011 12:32:54 PM
Old 04-08-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGPickett
Emergencies go in another queue!

I am a bit confused, as you change your host references: Vista host (on VMnet), Solaris on VM, windows, Soalris 10, VM, Windows 2008, RHL sounds like 7 hosts.

If host a can ping host b but not vice versa, there is no IP problem. It might be a firewall filter against OCMP protocol or OCMP echo/response, which is ping. Try traceroute. Is there any other problem but ping?

I mean my host PC is a windows vista.......

I config the IP address VMnet 1: 10.1.1.10

Solaris on VM is configured with
Network device is on Custom(VMNET1)
IP : 10.1.1.4
Mask : 255.255.255.0

but i cannot ping........

As for Windows 2008 and RHL i used similar configuration( Different IP address of course) it works perfectly..

Not sure why my sollaries cannot work

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Can not ping from Solaris VMWare to Windows

Dear All, I have installed Sun Solaris 10 on VMWare 6.5 completely and i have configured IP address already. Solaris's IP Address (on VMWare) is 192.168.10.241 and Windows xp that contain VMWare IP address is 192.168.10.125, but when i ping from solaris to my windows it didn't response at all.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: veasnabee
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Unable to ping Solaris VM from Xp host

Hi All, I am using Vmware Workstation 6.0.3 build-80004. Guest OS: Solaris 10 Host OS : Win XP I am getting request time out when i am trying to ping from XP ( cmd line) to Solaris VM - I have assigned IP 192.168.50.5 in Solaris VM ( Hostname: Tower1) and it is in UP status. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabh84g
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Need to create a menu.lst for Solaris 11 Express, OpenSUSE 11.3 & Windows Vista

I have partitioned and installed Windows Vista, OpenSUSE and Solaris 11 Express on a LapTop hardDrive. However I am not able to boot OpenSUSE 11.3 although I have it in menu.lst which I put in a Solaris partition directory /rpool/boot/grub. Could someone tell me how to go about it. See what I did... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tenyhwa
2 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Unable to ping Solaris from several Windows installations

Hello All, I have searched and searched, but I am not finding any answers. Any help would be very welcome. I have a home LAN centered around an Untangle gateway (up to date). I have a Windows 7 PC and a Snow Leopard Mac I also have two virtualized instances of windows (xp and 7) running... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: toadtilley
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Unable to ping Windows

Hello, Am unable to ping the Windows Box, from my Solaris Box. They both are in same LAN, have the same IP Segments. Windows IP :: 10.141.14.120 Solaris IP :: 10.141.14.11 Unable to get why isnt working out.... When using the command 'ping 10.141.14.120', it gives the error as 'ping:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayanto
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 9 - Unable to ping a particular server, traceroute also displays * * *

Hi All, I am new to solaris environment and we are using Solaris 9 The problem is am unable to ping a particular server from from one of the solaris server The traceroute also shows only * * * for all the 30 hops I tried to check all the settings like 1) /etc/hosts -> contains the... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sanjay255
17 Replies
ppmtosixel(1)                                                 General Commands Manual                                                ppmtosixel(1)

NAME
ppmtosixel - convert a portable pixmap into DEC sixel format SYNOPSIS
ppmtosixel [-raw] [-margin] [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces sixel commands (SIX) as output. The output is formatted for color printing, e.g. for a DEC LJ250 color inkjet printer. If RGB values from the PPM file do not have maxval=100, the RGB values are rescaled. A printer control header and a color assignment table begin the SIX file. Image data is written in a compressed format by default. A printer control footer ends the image file. OPTIONS
-raw If specified, each pixel will be explicitly described in the image file. If -raw is not specified, output will default to com- pressed format in which identical adjacent pixels are replaced by "repeat pixel" commands. A raw file is often an order of magni- tude larger than a compressed file and prints much slower. -margin If -margin is not specified, the image will be start at the left margin (of the window, paper, or whatever). If -margin is speci- fied, a 1.5 inch left margin will offset the image. PRINTING
Generally, sixel files must reach the printer unfiltered. Use the lpr -x option or cat filename > /dev/tty0?. BUGS
Upon rescaling, truncation of the least significant bits of RGB values may result in poor color conversion. If the original PPM maxval was greater than 100, rescaling also reduces the image depth. While the actual RGB values from the ppm file are more or less retained, the color palette of the LJ250 may not match the colors on your screen. This seems to be a printer limitation. SEE ALSO
ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Rick Vinci. 26 April 1991 ppmtosixel(1)