Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Checking conditions with AWK
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Checking conditions with AWK Post 302512106 by ctsgnb on Friday 8th of April 2011 11:37:29 AM
Old 04-08-2011
Code:
nawk '{A[$1]++}END{for(i in A) print i,(A[i]%2?i FS "(ERR)":i)}' file1 | tee file2

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

About awk conditions

Hello, Can you explain why in the first 2 commands the awk does not print anything? Is it looking of a specific format ? Thanks. $ echo 12a3 | awk '($1>=2) {print $1}' # prints nothing $ echo 123a | awk '($1>=2) {print $1}' # prints nothing $ echo a123 | awk '($1>=2) {print $1}' a123... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: majormark
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

if, sed or awk with conditions

I do not know how to do this unless I use a bunch of if statements. I need a script to replace numbers in each record in a file. I am really getting tangled in this web. If a fieldA (19 positions) is greater than 14 digits, I have to change the data (resulting fieldA is fixed 19 postions). If... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ski
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk with two conditions

Hi Everyone, # cat 1 1;2;3;4;5;6 1;2;3;4;5; # awk -F ";" '$5 == "5"' 1 1;2;3;4;5;6 1;2;3;4;5; but the output is should be just "1;2;3;4;5;6" means 1st condition: $5 is 5; 2nd condition: $6 is not empty, please advice. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk line with two conditions

Hi there, I wanna define a variable 'tempbase'. Therefore I read a text file "base.out". "base.out" contains a list with four columns. 'tempbase' is the 4th entry in the line, where the first entry is equal to the predefined variable $orb1 and the second entry is equal to $orb2. I wrote the code... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: friend
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conditions in awk

Hi there, here is my command ssh host.local "/path/to/my/perscript/hostconfig.pl -s $HOST -d |awk '{if (\$4 > 120)print \"My error message\";exit}{s=0; for (i=1; i<=NF; i++) s++; if(s == 13) print \$3}'" The problem is if conditional 1 is met (i.e $4 > 120), i don't see "My error message", the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: urello
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk with conditions

Hi All, I have a file with below contents. "en2"/10.185.81.0:cluster_interconnect,"en5"/10.185.81.0:cluster_interconnect,"en6"/169.181.146.0:public I want to take the interface name from the file and convert it as ipaddress using ifconfig command get the output like below en6 ->... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamauv234
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk three conditions

I'm having a problem pulling UID's from data. The data outputs a user's UID in one of three ways: 1. Error User user_name already assigned with <UID> 2. Success <UID> reserved for user_name 3. <a load of crap because there was a db failure yet somehow the UID is still in there> I typically... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: MaindotC
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

If conditions in awk

Hello Friends, I need to find some CDRs in production servers whose 1st field value and 2nd field value = 1 and 11th looks like 45.123... where there are more than 3 digits after comma.so i wrote a one liner, something like below but does not work, however when i used first and second conditions... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: EAGL€
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking multiple conditions in UNIX IF-ELSE

I am posting this info only after having confirmed the fact that there are no prior posts avialable that serves my purpose . In my Korn Shell script file , there are two shell variables which needs to be tested within a single if statement . Sample variables : $var1 and $var2 The check... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarjt
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk problems - awk ignores conditions

awk 'BEGIN{ if('"$CATE"'<'"${WARN}"') printf ("%s", "'"`Kfunc "" ; break`"'") else if (('"${CATE}"'>='"${WARN}"') && ('"${CATE}"'<'"${CRIT}"')) printf ("%s", "'"`Wfunc ""; break`"'") else if ('"${CATE}"'>='"${CRIT}"') printf... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
6 Replies
Graphics::Primitive::Insets(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			  Graphics::Primitive::Insets(3pm)

NAME
Graphics::Primitive::Insets - Space between things DESCRIPTION
Graphics::Primitive::Insets represents the amount of space that surrounds something. This object can be used to represent either padding or margins (in the CSS sense, one being inside the bounding box, the other being outside) SYNOPSIS
use Graphics::Primitive::Insets; my $insets = Graphics::Primitive::Insets->new({ top => 5, bottom => 5, left => 5, right => 5 }); METHODS
Constructor new Creates a new Graphics::Primitive::Insets. Instance Methods as_array Return these insets as an array in the form of top, right, bottom and left. bottom Set/Get the inset from the bottom. equal_to Determine if these Insets are equal to another. left Set/Get the inset from the left. right Set/Get the inset from the right. top Set/Get the inset from the top. zero Sets all the insets (top, left, bottom, right) to 0. AUTHOR
Cory Watson, "<gphat@cpan.org>" SEE ALSO
perl(1) COPYRIGHT &; LICENSE Copyright 2008-2010 by Cory G Watson. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.12.3 2010-08-21 Graphics::Primitive::Insets(3pm)